collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Season Ticket Pack  (Read 33232 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: New Season Ticket Pack
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2013, 12:17:56 PM »
That was my take on it as well Adam, although as someone who is far from an expert in such things I was hoping someone more knowledgeable would have a better interpretation.
A shit money grabbing exercise in my opinion, especially considering the new TV contract. That £2 is nothing to the Villa, to someone where money is very tight it is something.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2013, 12:22:37 PM »
So on the one hand, legislation has been introduced to stop Companies charging whatever they want for transaction/booking fees on debit/credit card transactions, thereby protecting the consumer, then the club just find a way round it by introducing a charge for cash payments, insisting that their hand was forced by regulations.

You could say it's only two quid, but I think that's really sneaky.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2013, 12:25:01 PM »
Adam and Pete's take on it is similar to how I read it. It seems to me they're doing this because they can not because they have to.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2013, 12:27:03 PM »
Incidentally my wife is the financial controller for a well known local theatre and they never have charged and have no immediate plans to introduce booking fees on any of their ticket sales, regardless of type or location of payment.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2013, 12:28:53 PM »
An admittedly quick and basic Google search has brought up only one club who are doing this that I can see. I hope i'm wrong.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2013, 12:39:42 PM »
Incidentally my wife is the financial controller for a well known local theatre and they never have charged and have no immediate plans to introduce booking fees on any of their ticket sales, regardless of type or location of payment.

Not meaning to contradict you Adam, but most of the theatre bookings I make come with a booking fee, usually £2. RSC, Hippodrome, Malvern Theatres certainly do this.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2013, 12:48:44 PM »

Not meaning to contradict you Adam, but most of the theatre bookings I make come with a booking fee, usually £2. RSC, Hippodrome, Malvern Theatres certainly do this.

Depends where you buy tickets from - buy them through a Ticketmaster or a See Tickets and you'll pay a fee but I absolutely guarantee that the theatre my wife works for do not make any charge if you buy from them direct.  And they have no intention of changing as a result of these regulations.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2013, 12:50:41 PM »
I've just had another quick look at the regs and I actually think what the club are doing here is adding the same fee to cash payments so that they don't have to follow the regulations.

The regulations only apply where a charge is applied for certain methods of payment.  So the club had two choices, either follow the regs with card payments (and probably reduce their charges) or add the charge to all forms of payment.  In the second case it effectively becomes a ticket price increase.

I think it's pretty disgusting how the club has communicated this.  Do they think their fans are dumb?

Offline Titus Aduxus

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2013, 12:55:06 PM »
I hope Maccie Ds arent going to start these transaction fees.

Offline deasy92

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2013, 01:31:59 PM »
Still waiting on season ticket to arrive, anyone else?

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2013, 01:35:45 PM »
Still waiting on season ticket to arrive, anyone else?

Me too

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2013, 01:44:48 PM »

Depends where you buy tickets from - buy them through a Ticketmaster or a See Tickets and you'll pay a fee but I absolutely guarantee that the theatre my wife works for do not make any charge if you buy from them direct.  And they have no intention of changing as a result of these regulations.
I always book direct through the theatres and charges seem the norm. Haven't booked anything at the Rep for ages for obvious reasons, but will be doing so soon when it re-opens. I'll keep a closer eye on this from now on. I honestly thought it was pretty much standard practice. Well done to your wife's lot for not jumping on the bandwagon.

Offline holte hero

• GM : Dec, 2013
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2013, 01:48:20 PM »

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2013, 02:34:05 PM »
Me four

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2013, 02:37:03 PM »
Mine arrived a few days ago but not the better halfs!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal