collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 07:43:43 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:39:20 PM]

Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:38:12 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by nigel
[Today at 07:34:30 PM]

Robin Olsen by VillaTim
[Today at 07:34:00 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 07:33:20 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Smithy
[Today at 07:26:06 PM]

Crystal Palace by Fingers
[Today at 07:18:14 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robbie Savage  (Read 12142 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Robbie Savage
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2013, 04:57:28 PM »
He ought to know better than to tweet things like that to be honest. It's as if he wants a reaction and he's got it. Not big or clever by either side really.

He's a football pundit and he made a remark about football.

If people are unable to read that without wishing death upon his family, they really are pathetic twats.

A far better response would've been "yes Robbie, we did avoid relegation. What does it feel like?".

He wasn't a remark about football, in reality it was a dig at the Villa and he was looking for a reaction and he got one.
He's a typical agent provocateur.

Offline eastie

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2013, 04:59:06 PM »
He ought to know better than to tweet things like that to be honest. It's as if he wants a reaction and he's got it. Not big or clever by either side really.

If people are unable to read that without wishing death upon his family, they really are pathetic twats.

A far better response would've been "yes Robbie, we did avoid relegation. What does it feel like?".

Some people are not that clever though are they?

Let's face it, what he got tweeted was horrific and whilst i would'nt go so far to say he was asking for it, knowing he's not popular with Villa fans, it was'nt a very constructive thing to write.

As savage has just said hes had banter with a few villa fans , and we give and take but this is not banter - its crossed the line and is cowardly and pathetic .

THe thing with typing comments on here , twitter or elsewhere is its hard to tell whether the comments are made in jest or jokingly and the context things are said - and people sometimes react in a totally unjust way .

I'm sure savage was winding up a few fans with his comments but as he says it was banter - not nasty .
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 05:03:22 PM by eastie »

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2013, 05:00:03 PM »

Some people are not that clever though are they?

Let's face it, what he got tweeted was horrific and whilst i would'nt go so far to say he was asking for it, knowing he's not popular with Villa fans, it was'nt a very constructive thing to write.

As savage has just said hes had banter with a few villa fans , and we give and take but this is not banter - its crossed the line and is cowardly and pathetic .

He loves the attention.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2013, 05:02:39 PM »
He's a bit of an eejit but overall Savage is alright as a pundit. It's a bit embarassing hearing most of the Villa callers on 606 ringing in specifically to ask Savage to apologise for his prediction that we'd be relegated.
He gave a fair opinion and was nearly right. Harping on about it makes him seem more important.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2013, 05:04:06 PM »
Whatever Savage is, does or says is not the point.  Whoever sent that tweet is a scumbag and well, well out of order. There's no place in society for this type of behaviour.

Offline eastie

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2013, 05:04:46 PM »
Whatever Savage is, does or says is not the point.  Whoever sent that tweet is a scumbag and well, well out of order. There's no place in society for this type of behaviour.

Very true .

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2013, 05:05:01 PM »
He's a dreadful pundit. He's just the latest Ian Wright. Hopefully the BBC will come to their senses and get rid of Savage like they did with Wright.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2013, 05:05:31 PM »
He did also say after the comment about his dad that 'Villa fans are showing their true colours'...thus painting us all with the same brush. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever and him being nutted by Dublin is still one of my all-time favorite Villa memories.

Offline eastie

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2013, 05:06:11 PM »
He's a dreadful pundit. He's just the latest Ian Wright. Hopefully the BBC will come to their senses and get rid of Savage like they did with Wright.

That is your opinion - there are other who rate savage highly , there are many worse pundits than Robbie savage .

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2013, 05:06:29 PM »
He's a shit pundit I think.  More suited to Talk Sport than the Beeb. He talks like a muppet too.

Offline eastie

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2013, 05:07:34 PM »
He did also say after the comment about his dad that 'Villa fans are showing their true colours'...thus painting us all with the same brush. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever and him being nutted by Dublin is still one of my all-time favorite Villa memories.

@RobbieSavage8: I should have said minority of villa fans showing real class today , majority have gave me some banter which is fine !

@RobbieSavage8: There's a few who let the rest down !

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2013, 05:08:29 PM »

That is your opinion - there are other who rate savage highly , there are many worse pundits than Robbie savage .

I don't think there's anyone quite as bad as Savage as a pundit. Even the morons on TalkRubbish are more eloquent than he is.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2013, 05:10:04 PM »

@RobbieSavage8: I should have said minority of villa fans showing real class today , majority have gave me some banter which is fine !

@RobbieSavage8: There's a few who let the rest down !
Oh...fair enough then.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2013, 05:10:18 PM »
I think the word banter may stop me following football one day.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2013, 05:12:15 PM »
I think the word banter may stop me following football one day.

What about Bants? (puke)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal