collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MotoGP/WSB/BSB 2013  (Read 3953 times)

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
MotoGP/WSB/BSB 2013
« on: April 07, 2013, 11:32:05 PM »
For the bike fans amongst us,
MotoGP season has started and Rossi is back at the sharp end.

BSB started at Brands Hatch today. I wont mention the results for the benefit of those who have recorded it but not watched it yet.

I'm off to Thruxton next weekend for the BSB round. Hopefully it will stay dry for the long ride there and back.

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
Re: MotoGP/WSB/BSB 2013
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 11:41:26 PM »

BSB started at Brands Hatch today. I wont mention the results for the benefit of those who have recorded it but not watched it yet.

I'm off to Thruxton next weekend for the BSB round. Hopefully it will stay dry for the long ride there and back.
I wanted to take my 2 year old daughter to some kind of race meet this year, I've never been to anything of the sort myself but love taking her to totally different things and seeing what she enjoys.

I looked at F1 Silvertone but it was a touch pricey. What's BSB like as an attending spectator? Can I keep her entertained for the day?

Offline MarkM

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 08:09:51 AM »

I wanted to take my 2 year old daughter to some kind of race meet this year, I've never been to anything of the sort myself but love taking her to totally different things and seeing what she enjoys.

I looked at F1 Silvertone but it was a touch pricey. What's BSB like as an attending spectator? Can I keep her entertained for the day?

Lots to do at BSB, very cheap as well

Offline D.boy

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 10:27:06 AM »
BSB tickets are reasonably priced and you get to see several races during Sunday. Get a Paddock Pass as well and you will be able to wonder around the rear of the pits and meet the racers as they go from motorhomes/hospitality to the pit gagrages. The racers are always willing to sign stuff and pose for photos etc. I would recommend it above the car racing.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 11:18:51 AM »
Watched the Moto GP last night, Rossi was immense, shame it was at the expense of Cal.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 11:29:03 AM »
Watched the Moto GP last night, Rossi was immense, shame it was at the expense of Cal.

Cal needs the upgrades to his bike, considering his bike is pretty much the same as last year he is riding really well!

Offline D.boy

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 01:44:49 PM »
Had Rossi not been held up earlier he would have been pushing Lorenzo. It was great to see him catch up and battle with the Repsol Hondas plus he looked like he was really enjoying himself again.
I feel a bit sorry for Cal as clearly he would be pushing for a podium on the same equipment as the factory teams.

Offline D.boy

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 12:41:00 AM »
Thruxton was superb this weekend. The 4 hr journey there was drizzly and foggy and by the time we got to the circuit Saturday we were sodden. Practice sessions were cancelled due to too much surface water so the organisers/riders decided to open the pits for the few hundred fans on the Saturday afternoon to go and have a nose and chat to some of the riders. I was able to meet Josh Brookes, James Ellison and one of my favourite racers Chris Walker (who signed his autobiography for me).
I left the circuit along with my 2 colleagues and we rode to Chieveley services to the travel lodge where we were staying for 2 nights. That journey was in heavy rain with a large amount of spray and was bloody scarey on a bike.
Sunday was dry thankfully and we enjoyed the pit walk meeting all the racers and PR girlies and managed several interesting photos!!
The racing was superb and there were plenty of spills including a couple of severe ones close to where we were sat. These blokes have some guts doing what they do.
The long journey home was dry thankfully so roll on next year.

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 01:03:29 PM »
Sounds ace D.boy, shame about the early weather though.
I've never been to a race but been watching on TV for years, will go one day!

Offline junxs

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 01:46:51 AM »
GO GO Crutchlow, first Brit to stick it on Pole for a couple of generations.. lets see if he can take the win tomorrow.

Offline junxs

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 11:41:40 AM »
Can't believe BBC didn't bother showing the race live on Sunday.
Politics on BBC1 and Triathalon on BBC2.
They dont deserve the rights to it, kind of a shame its going to BT sport but at least they want it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal