collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: VAR by Drummond
[Today at 02:27:46 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Drummond
[Today at 02:25:19 PM]

Re: VAR by chrisw1
[Today at 02:21:00 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by paul_e
[Today at 02:13:51 PM]

Re: VAR by paul_e
[Today at 02:09:51 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by ChicagoLion
[Today at 02:08:41 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 02:05:37 PM]

Re: VAR by chrisw1
[Today at 02:04:45 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Time travel - just for one game.  (Read 8047 times)

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
Re: Time travel - just for one game.
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 07:30:43 AM »
I would go back to my first game that I attended live on March 15th 1975, to see Villa beat Southampton 3-0. Mostly to see the awe, joy and totally buy in of the young boy who fell in love with Villa on that day (love at first sight). To see the 10 year old cockney who had never experienced such a great day in his life. That to me would be my ultimate experience, to see my adult self see what I experienced all those years ago.     

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 11:46:51 AM »
Many to choose from but not hard really - i'd love to re-live Tranmere, it'll always be Tranmere.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 11:20:45 AM »
Personally I'd choose to go back to a game at our old Perry Barr ground just to see what it was like and to experience football of that era.

Offline Scully

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 11:42:32 AM »
Inter Milan at Villa Park when we beat them 2-0. I had Kent Nielson at 30-1 for first goal scorer but only put 50p on. I want to go back and make it a proper bet.
Great european night against a team of world cup superstars. Shame we messed it up in the second leg.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 12:03:07 PM »
I would go back to my first game that I attended live on March 15th 1975, to see Villa beat Southampton 3-0. Mostly to see the awe, joy and totally buy in of the young boy who fell in love with Villa on that day (love at first sight). To see the 10 year old cockney who had never experienced such a great day in his life. That to me would be my ultimate experience, to see my adult self see what I experienced all those years ago.     

I was there that day and remember Keith Leonard putting in a great performance (he definitely scored at least one). I think there was a snow blizzard after the game - it was either that day or a fortnight later after we stuffed the Albion 3-1.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 01:38:04 PM »
Unfortunately I can't share people's fondness of their first game. Mine was 1979, Manchester United and we lost 3-0.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 08:06:57 AM »
Went to nearly all the away games in the Third Division.
So any one from Chesterfield, York, Torquay, Rochdale, Notts C.
Because those are ones that come to mind that I went to with my Dad and Mum.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 11:36:00 AM »
When people talk about the great awaydays, Ipswich 1987 never gets a mention. It just felt like to start of a new era. It was the other bookend to Everton 1990.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2013, 04:09:36 PM »
Inter Milan at Villa Park when we beat them 2-0. I had Kent Nielson at 30-1 for first goal scorer but only put 50p on. I want to go back and make it a proper bet.
Great european night against a team of world cup superstars. Shame we messed it up in the second leg.

Jeez.  I also placed that bet.  But I splashed out £1, at 28-1.  Funny thing, that is the only bet I have ever made at or on a game of football.

Offline claretandbeer

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2013, 09:56:59 PM »
As I have the 57 final on DVD ,I'd go for the 11-1 v Charlton. My dad was so pessimistic about our chances,'Charlton are our bogey team etc',that I opted out of going with him.
I can recall with horror the teleprinter on BBC Grandstand churning out 'Aston Villa 11 and then typing out in brackets (eleven).
Also '78 away v Spurs.Got the result on a Greek isle 2 days later. 4-1 despite missing our main strikers.According to Mortimore,Villa played a very fluid formation.That would have been lovely to watch,Saunders the tactical genius.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 10:25:43 PM »
Tranmere, so many things happened during that match and the penalty shoot out it had to be experienced to be believed. My emotions were shot walking out the ground afterwards.

I also, felt immense pride after knocking out the UEFA Cup holders Inter later that year at Villa Park. A day and a half later we had to play Newcastle, that wouldn't of happened today.

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 05:30:35 AM »
The Ron Saunders Smile !  magical , ironic and Iconic .

Withey pointing to his shin at the town hall ......... 

GT saying goodbye at Everton

Olaf leaving the pitch against the noses .

and Villa fans support this season  ,   belief begins with the supporters !   

Paul Lambert I honestly believe we are on the cusp of something great ! 

Offline supertom

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 04:13:13 PM »
94 LC final against Utd. I've never been so emotionally involved in a game ever. I was wreck in the build up and even at 3-1 was still just about keeping my bowels in order. Great game, my best memory as a Villa fan (since circa-90) so far.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 04:30:05 PM »
In my life-time definitely the League Cup Final aganist ManUre. Practically every fucker at school supported Yanited...that result was such a great feeling.

Before I was born, lots to choose from but watching Dennis Mortimer pwn the Liverpool defence in December '80 and the Holte End realising that we were truly capable of winning the league would have been a good'un.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 06:52:21 PM »
GT saying goodbye at Everton

What an incredible thing that was!  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal