collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:39:29 AM]

Champions League Contention by Astnor
[Today at 11:38:10 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Mister E
[Today at 11:34:56 AM]

Robin Olsen by London Villan
[Today at 11:32:24 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Lsvilla
[Today at 11:22:37 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:18 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by Nev
[Today at 11:16:38 AM]

Ollie Watkins by andyh
[Today at 10:53:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why do you sit where you do ?  (Read 11496 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Why do you sit where you do ?
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2013, 10:33:52 PM »
Generally prefer being behind the goal but for last 18 months been in the upper trinity for most games due to someone generously putting cheap tickets up on viagogo in that section.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2013, 10:37:33 PM »
I tend to go wherever they cut me a deal, its a bit hit and miss its a good view from the Upper North but there are always problems with kids and away fans if we're playing a top 4 side. I do enjoy the lower north these days reminds me of the good times on the right side of the Holte where I spent most of my teens. As a rule I try and avoid the left side of the Holte End, it stinks and the people are riddled with fleas. :P

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2013, 07:31:18 AM »
Lower Holte. L7. Just over half way up. The atmosphere is alright and I get on well with those that sit near me.

I also have the added bonus of a big concrete barrier to my left meaning I never have to get up if someone goes for a piss.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2013, 07:44:45 AM »
Not a season ticket holder, but have always preferred the Lower Trinity, nice and close to the action and I don't like being behind the goals. I don't even mind the lack of atmosphere there that much.

The lack of what most people consider "atmosphere" is one of the reasons that I sit in the LTR.

As I've mentioned before on this forum, I'm not a fan of most of the singing/chanting that comes from the Holte. I don't see the point in abusing opposition/rival fans or teams in such a manner and I think that the "On the piss......" song is an embarrassment.

Therefore I'm very happy to be in an area where sarcastic comments take the place of singing/chanting.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:47:08 AM by UK Redsox »

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2013, 08:10:26 AM »
Lower Holte due to family having STs there. Would prob be my choice anyway although cheaper prices Lower North may tempt me. Sat in Trinity when I first went as a 7 yr old, stood on Holte a couple of seasons before demolition, then back to Trinity Lower (old stand) as it was only place my brother could get a student discount, Upper Holte for several years after that then Lower Holte for last 6 or 7. I have sat everywhere at least once. Except away end!

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2013, 08:16:46 AM »
I had a perfect seat, halfway line Upper Trinity.
Gave it up as we were supposed to be moving to Cornwall, when we didn't I could have still got it back but got persuaded by a mate to sit in the Upper North Stand, after two seasons I knocked it on the head and now just get tickets ad hoc for the Middle or Upper Trinity.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2013, 08:55:33 AM »
Upper Holte in K3, towards the front.

The people around me have been season ticket holders for years and its a good craic.

There is one new addition, a few rows behind who has the most drony and irritating Brummie drawl going and cannot stop moaning at the top of his voice every 30 seconds. He may find himself in the lower Holte before too long.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2013, 09:01:27 AM »
Used to sit in the Upper Holte which has the best volume of noise, but also found quite a few knobs sit there, so moved to the Lower Holte. Have been in the same seat for several seasons now and we get on well with everyone around us.

Offline tom jennings III

• GM : 30.04.2015
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2013, 09:06:37 AM »
I almost always sit in K4 now, pretty close to the middle of the upper Holte so I don't feel bad for standing up and shouting but not quite in the mix with the teenage contingent of noise a few rows back. I have sat in the other three stands and I still can't see my self moving permanently for a long time, I genuinely wouldn't enjoy football if it felt awkward for standing and shouting/singing and definitely don't want to annoy people who prefer to watch rather than get too involved. There is something very special for me about being in the Holte and the feeling it generates form the very core of my being, I've never felt it elsewhere in Villa Park.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2013, 09:23:19 AM »
Upper Holte in K3, towards the front.

The people around me have been season ticket holders for years and its a good craic.

There is one new addition, a few rows behind who has the most drony and irritating Brummie drawl going and cannot stop moaning at the top of his voice every 30 seconds. He may find himself in the lower Holte before too long.
Throw him over the next home game, the miserable git.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2013, 09:46:03 AM »
I used to be a left side - half way up - Holte ender when it was standing, great view great atmosphere and good people. I then sat in a similar place for a couple of seasons, it was ok, but not the same. I then moved to sit with a pal on the front row of the Doug Ellis in P1. Great view, and you get the atmospher from the Holte end as well, as well as seeing it in all of it's glory when it gets going.  I gave up my season ticket when we had TSM, as I hated modern foo£ba££.

I've been back a few times with the nipper, and sat in the family enclosure, but the view in the corner, close to the pitch is shocking for a 6 year old, especially when the ball is up the other end.

I bought me and the lad half season tickets the day before the Chelsea humiliation, back up in P1 - It's better as he can see and the reduced price made it affordable. I doubt I could afford a full ticket price season ticket in that area next season.

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2013, 09:47:23 AM »
I get over for four or five games a season, so I'm especially pleased to have seen two home wins so far, this time round! I like to sit in the upper North, specifically an aisle seat with leg room and my own railing. There's too much standing up then sitting down in the Holte - I'm a creature of comfort!

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2013, 09:50:34 AM »
Used to stand left of the Holte when it was still terracing. Above midway, but not right at the back. About two thirds of the way up.

Now, when I get to go, I tend to head for the upper Trinity, as near the halfway line as possible.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2013, 10:37:04 AM »
Upper holte is my prefered (see name) I like it behind the goal and not be too close to the pitch, I also like to sit behind the goal, My mate does not like the upper holte so we seem to sit in the upper north when I go with him, It's behind the goal so im ok with it, I just worry that I'm going to go on a swear outburst and there are kids about

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2013, 10:40:39 AM »
Almost always in the North Stand upper these days due to the family ticket deals they due. Decent view but you are a little cramped for leg room!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal