collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: "You pick yourselves up and go again."  (Read 27186 times)

Offline MonsXI

Re: "You pick yourselves up and go again."
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2013, 10:58:04 PM »
and the band played on.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2013, 11:00:44 PM »
Did he really say "we just need a bit of luck"?

I support Lambert, but I can barely articulate how much that support is being stretched at the moment.

I don't think you do support him really, you've just backed yourself into a corner.  He's a dismal excuse for a manager, just about anybody with a Uefa coaching badge would do better.

With all due respect, why don't you just fuck off, I've argued my case with Lambert enough to have to put up with you and that "backed into a corner" bullshit.

The last thing I want to hear is you with your tedious fucking perma-rage.

Now now for the abuse please.

(Quality, quality rant that visibly made me smile for the first time today. 11 hours glued to 2 screens and excel at work followed by Villa losing has made me even more grumpy than when I started. A smile is an achievement I tell you!)

You're right.

Sorry, Risso, I got a bit more annoyed than I should have done.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2013, 11:01:06 PM »
He knows he's botched it big style. He must know.

Dropping Bent could yet haunt him....I think it was too big a decision to make so soon. It put a lot of pressure on him and the younger players.

massive bollock
To be fair though, Weimann and Benteke have been the two brightest spots for us this season.

true , but If I remmeber at the time we couldnt score for love or money

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2013, 11:01:22 PM »

I support Lambert, but I can barely articulate how much that support is being stretched at the moment.

I don't think you do support him really, you've just backed yourself into a corner.  He's a dismal excuse for a manager, just about anybody with a Uefa coaching badge would do better.

With all due respect, why don't you just fuck off, I've argued my case with Lambert enough to have to put up with you and that "backed into a corner" bullshit.

Lol as the kids say . Point well and truly proven.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2013, 11:03:43 PM »
Emma Willis . Thats one Villa fan  Id love to s****   sorry off topic

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2013, 11:04:05 PM »

Lol as the kids say . Point well and truly proven.

You see now you are being a smug git though, and asking for a cyber punch!! We should have methods of punching people through their computer.

Offline bob rowe

• Benito's Headband
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2013, 11:13:02 PM »
The way things are with Villa, this is how I feel right now...

Offline Fernando Partridge

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2013, 11:19:19 PM »
What Lambert says is right. We do keep going pick our selves up for the next game. That's the same for the fans we dont give up the passion. The next game is always the most important game, i mean thats the one you can do something about. It is that cliche one game at a time. The cup games are over now lets move on. What good is it that we make our selves suffer those disgraceful losses but hey so what! We keep going. We re a massive club so lets keep it that way UTV

Offline villan1975

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2013, 11:24:50 PM »

Now now for the abuse please.

(Quality, quality rant that visibly made me smile for the first time today. 11 hours glued to 2 screens and excel at work followed by Villa losing has made me even more grumpy than when I started. A smile is an achievement I tell you!)

You're right.

Sorry, Risso, I got a bit more annoyed than I should have done.

Perma-rage is certainly not the type of word you wanna get banned for, for starters I don't know what it means.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2013, 11:28:36 PM »
My lad is priming himself to give the biggest rant of his Villa-supporting career on Tuesday.
I shall support him fully as we are dragged frothing from the ground as we concede another goal from a corner.

My last uber-rant was the Leicester City defeat in the League Cup when I watched the hapless, and rather marvellous, Olof Mellberg play as an attacking RB.

As we sit in an increasing empty Trinity stand I now punctuate my foetal crouched position by lurching to my feet and yawping incomprehensibly as we administer another dose of individual and collective ineptitude on the pitch.

On Tuesday my mate Dave was reduced to roaring gutturally periodically in disbelief.

The fans pick themselves up and go again you gormless twat - and we will be going when you and you shower of malifluous pestilence have upped sticks and fucked off.

Thank you and ggod night brothers and sisters

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2013, 11:29:58 PM »
What Lambert says is right. We do keep going pick our selves up for the next game. That's the same for the fans we dont give up the passion. The next game is always the most important game, i mean thats the one you can do something about. It is that cliche one game at a time. The cup games are over now lets move on. What good is it that we make our selves suffer those disgraceful losses but hey so what! We keep going. We re a massive club so lets keep it that way UTV

I agree.  Lambert keeps saying what he says, he shows no panic, he gives the media nothing to feed off, he just repeats his, "We keep going..." mantra.  I genuinely have no problem at all with that.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2013, 11:30:12 PM »
Malifluous pestilance. Love it.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2013, 11:30:34 PM »
Sorry Pauli, I'm just too pissed off for words,and there's no dog to kick!

Online danno

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2013, 11:31:13 PM »
Fernando, I admire your optimism I really do.

We'll all be there Tuesday no doubt.
I just don't think many people, feel like picking themselves up right now.

Also its just a lazy throw away line. Lambert should talk about the game, talk about a new approach,
 for pity's sake he should lie if that's what it takes.
Talk up the returning Dunne as if he's the second coming of Mcgrath.

But honestly how, is "we go again" going to raise the masses, rally troops, put fire in bellies?

It isn't.

It will just grate as much as that "honest bunch of lads" claptrap O'leary used to spout.

Offline Nigel Macdougall

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2013, 11:38:47 PM »
Fernando, I admire your optimism I really do.

We'll all be there Tuesday no doubt.

I bet I could name one person who will NOT be there ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal