collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 11:28:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: About to lose our Sponsorship deal...  (Read 11458 times)

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
Re: About to lose our Sponsorship deal...
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 11:02:34 AM »
back to Acorns please , looks best on the shirt  :D

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2013, 11:03:31 AM »
I think people are getting caught between what the company represents (and by extension, what they're prepared to advertise) and the worth of it to the club. Say, for example, a huge company such as Aldi or Lidl offered us a £20 million deal for a couple of seasons. It's money to the club, but how many would be happy to walk around with what we would always see as a budget supermarket on their Villa shirt?

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 11:05:53 AM »
I think people are getting caught between what the company represents (and by extension, what they're prepared to advertise) and the worth of it to the club. Say, for example, a huge company such as Aldi or Lidl offered us a £20 million deal for a couple of seasons. It's money to the club, but how many would be happy to walk around with what we would always see as a budget supermarket on their Villa shirt?

Aldi do great sausages I would be happy to have them

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 11:08:23 AM »
I think a lot of fans wouldn't share that view. I recall when the Stripeyfilth had that home safety thing on their shirt, with the massive red house. There were a lot of piss takers showed up on here.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2013, 11:11:59 AM »
Good to see the Mirror speak of us in a postive light.......

What's to be positive about though?

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 11:12:44 AM »
Another vote for Acorns from me.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 11:21:23 AM »
Good to see the Mirror speak of us in a postive light.......

What's to be positive about though?

In your world, nothing.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 11:22:47 AM »
I know we've been crap for three seasons now, but in the context of British football we're still a big deal. We're in danger of thinking we've got to take what we can get, which isn't true. Possibly if we ended up like Forest or Preston (e.g. clubs that used to mean a lot but slid horribly down the divisions) I'd admit nostalgia isn't going to get you megabucks, but we're not at that stage yet and hopefully never will be.

Offline El Hurricane

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 01:13:20 PM »
We don't exactly attract big sponsors anyway which is one of the reasons we were able to do the Acorns thing for a few seasons.

IF we get relegated all commercial income will fall. No point in reading too much into a deal that is about to expire anyway and a lazy piece of journalism.

Agree with this, who reads the Mirror anyway, got to be the worst paper going and the transfer lies they make up are always swallowed up, still don't know why people fall for it !!!!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 01:18:42 PM by El Hurricane »

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2013, 02:55:33 PM »
I know we've been crap for three seasons now, but in the context of British football we're still a big deal. We're in danger of thinking we've got to take what we can get, which isn't true. Possibly if we ended up like Forest or Preston (e.g. clubs that used to mean a lot but slid horribly down the divisions) I'd admit nostalgia isn't going to get you megabucks, but we're not at that stage yet and hopefully never will be.

At the very least (regardless of where we are in the league at the moment) we should be aiming for what the likes of Spurs get.  I appreciate Spurs are currently a top four chasing team but, even so, we've won more than them and have a far greater history.  One of the things I hoped Randy Lerner would get right when he took over Villa was the branding of the club (the McGregor/League creators angle  in particular). Marketed the right way, Villa being the home of every league football competition in the world must have a significant value?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2013, 02:58:15 PM »
If someone from the Mirror told me it was snowing I wouldn't believe them even if I was stood in a blizzard.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2013, 03:04:38 PM »

At the very least (regardless of where we are in the league at the moment) we should be aiming for what the likes of Spurs get.  I appreciate Spurs are currently a top four chasing team but, even so, we've won more than them and have a far greater history.  One of the things I hoped Randy Lerner would get right when he took over Villa was the branding of the club (the McGregor/League creators angle  in particular). Marketed the right way, Villa being the home of every league football competition in the world must have a significant value?

None whatsoever. This is modern football - it doesn't give a toss about what happened last week never mind the century before last.

Offline spaf

Re: About to loose our Sponsorship deal...
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2013, 03:04:54 PM »
Couldn't careless. F in Genting a shit gambling house they can piss right out of Villa Park.
Agree - any sponsor that can't be on a kids shirt has no place in football.

This

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2013, 03:05:25 PM »
Aldi was the only place in Swindon which served the Villa fans a drink.   Besides they are wiping the floor with the so called up market supermarket chains, especially Morrisons.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2013, 03:08:56 PM »
By the time Randy runs out of money and patience, we may be pleased to get Aston Manor lager as sponsor.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal