collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 10:04:08 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:55:30 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:53:19 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 09:47:38 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 09:46:25 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 09:45:15 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chelsea v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 74758 times)

Offline Matt Collins

Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #435 on: December 24, 2012, 12:01:26 PM »
I don't agree that either Bennett or Ireland were a disgrace. They were clearly playing to (rather cavalier) instruction. We were playing a sort of 3-1-4-2 by the end, with Weimann and Ireland behind two forwards and Bannan holding. We were so open it was ridiculous.

Offline eastie

« Reply #436 on: December 24, 2012, 12:03:56 PM »
Record defeat: 0–8 (v. Chelsea, Premier League, 23 December 2012).
Record FA Cup defeat: 1–8 (v. Blackburn Rovers, 3rd round, 16 February 1889).[10]
Record League Cup defeat: 1–6 (v. West Bromwich Albion, 2nd round, 14 September 1966).[6]
Record European defeat: 4–1 (v. Royal Antwerp, 1st round UEFA Cup, 17 September 1975).[39]

Another been there, done that, to add to the record.

Bloody hell dc5 , your wearing well , didn't realise you were at the Blackburn debacle in 1889!

Offline eastie

« Reply #437 on: December 24, 2012, 12:07:17 PM »
I don't agree that either Bennett or Ireland were a disgrace. They were clearly playing to (rather cavalier) instruction. We were playing a sort of 3-1-4-2 by the end, with Weimann and Ireland behind two forwards and Bannan holding. We were so open it was ridiculous.

I think we need to see Bennett at left back against spurs , he is a natural left footer and lichaj looked poor , Bennett needs to deliver when given his chance though as Stevens looked a capable deputy last month.

If going 3 at the back I'd be inclined to use Lowton there rather than herd and switch lichaj to right back maybe, hoping Vlaar will be back soon.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #438 on: December 24, 2012, 12:12:23 PM »
Record defeat: 0–8 (v. Chelsea, Premier League, 23 December 2012).
Record FA Cup defeat: 1–8 (v. Blackburn Rovers, 3rd round, 16 February 1889).[10]
Record League Cup defeat: 1–6 (v. West Bromwich Albion, 2nd round, 14 September 1966).[6]
Record European defeat: 4–1 (v. Royal Antwerp, 1st round UEFA Cup, 17 September 1975).[39]

Another been there, done that, to add to the record.

Bloody hell dc5 , your wearing well , didn't realise you were at the Blackburn debacle in 1889!
Well spotted Eastie. Just a copy and paste from Wiki. Wasn't at the Albion game either but did go to Antwerp.

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #439 on: December 24, 2012, 12:34:30 PM »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #440 on: December 24, 2012, 12:41:26 PM »
http://youtu.be/jOnJ2LmdH64

I know how to cheers us up after yesterday. Toga. Toga. Toga. Toga. Toga.

Offline Karlos96

« Reply #441 on: December 24, 2012, 12:44:07 PM »
Sky were just willing Chelsea to score and the Torres and luiz love fest was sickening.
They talk utter shite and just made the 8-0 worse in my opinion. At one point they actually made reference to Steven Gerard playing with frank lampard, like Stevie g was actually out on the pitch against us.
Ps Phil dowd is a useless fat troll too and I still have not forgiven him for wembley

I watched it on mute - it didn't make it much better.

Full marks for watching it, I couldn't go anywhere near it to be honest. I would have smashed the television such is my loathing for those tossers. I think the only saving grace is that this result will very quickly be forgotten in the maelstrom of Christmas games and will soon hopefully feel like it was a long time ago. The worst thing in our house is the silence, everyone knows they cannot even begin to discuss it with me - it's almost as if someone has died

I know the feeling I was about ready to explode yesterday watching it my wife who supports Chelsea came home from work with her folks just as the 6th went in, then I had comments like "it's only a game".  None of them could understand why I was pissed off.  I shouldn't have come on here yesterday though when it finished I posted some rubbish should know better really. 

One thing that did make me smile yesterday I had to go up town after the game was walking through the city centre and saw two guys walking towards us, they were nicely drunk and singing Villa songs as loud as they could they stopped to sing outside the Villa shop as well, makes you proud to be a Villa fan and why we have the best fans in the world.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #442 on: December 24, 2012, 12:55:42 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, the club owe me money.

An utter disgrace. £55 please.

Apologies for being a drunken cock last night. Way too many beers when I got back to my mate's place, coupled with some Chelsea fans lying in wait for me led to this :(

I'm still pissed off, mind.

Anyway, merry Christmas all and up the Villa :D

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #443 on: December 24, 2012, 01:00:12 PM »
It feels worse today. Been trying it avoid SSN head bloodlines!! And this thread to 30 pages is not doing me any good either so I will wish you all a very merry Christmas and see you on Boxing Day when e have a game of football to win.

Offline eastie

« Reply #444 on: December 24, 2012, 01:03:35 PM »
Must admit its out of my system, I expected to lose but not that badly, the real winnable games are in the next fortnight and a won over spurs would lift our spirits greatly- another day another dollar!

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #445 on: December 24, 2012, 01:04:16 PM »
Just bumped into my neighbour who is a Chelsea fan. He knocked on my door yesterday morning to offer me a free ticket but I was still in bed.

A narrow escape.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #446 on: December 24, 2012, 02:34:19 PM »
I thought we were unlucky, it could have gone either way.

Offline cdward

« Reply #447 on: December 24, 2012, 06:20:09 PM »
Did anyone else see the Villa fan giving torres the middle finger Peter kay style when he was subbed, would love to see it again, don't think it will make the 3rd eye on soccer a.m

Offline He wears a magic hat

« Reply #448 on: December 28, 2012, 03:33:49 PM »
Has there been any public apology to the travelling fans for this debacle.

I'm not one for demanding a refund but usually when a team is humped in this fashion the club usually comes out with so form of apology. I certainly remember Wigan coming out and apologising to the fans after there humping at Spurs a couple of seasons back but so far I've heard very little from AVFC or have I missed it during the Xmas excesses

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal