collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Where will we finish?  (Read 19636 times)

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
Re: Where will we finish?
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »
Will QPR buy though? Massive wage bill as is let alone adding to it and could all be in vain if they go down. They could be in trouble in the C-ship. They have to offer the wages to attract them.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2013, 08:50:44 PM »
I am going now, seriously, for between 10th and 13th. Only reason for that prediction is i think we will get some decent players in January and they will fit straight in. Said it before and again now, Robbie Keane on loan please. UTV.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2013, 08:59:09 PM »
As I keep on saying QPR don't matter. They need to win 8 games to get to 34 points, it's beyond them. They've got Chelsea, Spurs and the two Manchester clubs in the next 7 games.

Southampton are playing very well and are scoring goals. Big concern.

Didn't realise Wigan only had 18 points even after beating us. I would say they'd go down but we all know come March/April they'll start winning impossible looking games.

I have a feeling the 3rd relegated team will go down on 35 points so we need 5 wins and a couple of draws. If we're not capable of even that we deserve to go to tbh.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2013, 09:14:35 PM »
So for the secret hoops amongst us, these are QPR's remaining fixtures. Here's my predictions:

Chelsea A- L
Spurs H- D
West Ham A- D
Man City H- L
Norwich H- W
Swansea A- D
Man. United H- L
Southampton A- D
Sunderland H- W
Us A- L
Fulham A- D
Wigan H- W
Everton A- L
Stoke H- D
Reading A- W
Arsenal H- D
Newcastle H- W
Liverpool A- L

So there you have it. I feel I've been quite generous in some of my predictions as I've predicted them to win most of their winnable home games and given them a few draws away from home. Only really prediction where I've possibly let heart rule head is when they play us but again tbh if we can't even beat QPR at home who'll probably still be bottom when we play them we don't deserve to stay up.

And their final points total from above? 32 points. Not enough to stay up. We'll get more than that for a start.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2013, 12:25:42 PM »
It's going to be QPR, Reading and one of us, Wigan, Southampton.  It's going to be a horrible 5 months no matter how you look at it.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2013, 12:33:43 PM »
I still think one (or both) of the North East teams will be bumping around the bottom lower half for some time, and dont write off a drop for Norwich or Wet Spam into our clutches.

Offline MONCABA

« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2013, 02:16:42 PM »
[Try the predictor[/url]
[/quote]
Just done the BBC predictor and had us finishing 17th on 35 points.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2013, 08:13:42 PM »
It's going to be QPR, Reading and one of us, Wigan, Southampton.  It's going to be a horrible 5 months no matter how you look at it.

I pretty much agree, though in effect it may be us, Southampton and Wigan for one place. You'd have to think Newcastle and Sunderland have enough quality to pull away. I was expecting at least one side to bomb in the second half of the season, but not sure who. I thought norwich and Swansea were likely to earlier in the season, but there doesn't seem too much chance of that - though I wouldn't rule it out with norwich quite yet. There's some chance that a lack of goals might hurt the NE clubs still, especially with Ba leaving newcastle. I think Fulham have too much quality to be sucked in

Definitely squeaky bum time. I think it's gonna be pretty tight. Here's hoping southampton are currently in their purple patch and will fall away form wise

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2013, 08:16:49 PM »
If we get our act together, get some freah bodies in, two or three key players back, then a good win against Southampton could put us well clear of them given the fixtures they have coiming up.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2013, 08:19:04 PM »
I think it's going to be Sunderland, Reading, and QPR. We may have just had the 'best' Premier League ever in terms of excitement, but there are some absolutely god awful teams in it this year.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2013, 08:24:19 PM »
Yeah, saints' fixtures look tough after us: Man U, Everton and man city with Wigan in the middle

Really hope Vlaar, baker, and Westwood are back for that game. Ideally gabby and nzogbia too

Will be a nervy affair. Hopefully we can stop conceding goals in the first ten minutes of games

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2013, 08:53:47 PM »
With a couple of  decent senior prayers coming in (fuck knows who) to provide experience and support for the younger players 14th is possible but if just further lower league so called young hungry players come onboard then 17th/18th.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2013, 08:55:43 PM »
Yeah, saints' fixtures look tough after us: Man U, Everton and man city with Wigan in the middle

Really hope Vlaar, baker, and Westwood are back for that game. Ideally gabby and nzogbia too

Will be a nervy affair. Hopefully we can stop conceding goals in the first ten minutes of games

Hopefully some new signings to! Still got almost two weeks.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2013, 09:26:52 PM »
Has the Lambert in or out punch up moved over here yet?

Offline peter w

« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2013, 09:30:48 PM »
16-20

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal