collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[Today at 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lambert given touchline ban  (Read 9674 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Lambert given touchline ban
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2012, 10:26:26 PM »
My problem with this is that Lambert being banned and why he's been banned (not specifics mind) is public knowledge but the linesman, whilst not involved in games this weekend, appears to be serving an undefined demotion/suspension.  There is nothing to suggest why (or even confirm that is the case, he could be missing for another reason), acknowledge the error, or suggest that it's something that shouldn't have happened.

The lack of clarity in officiating in football is one of the key reasons for the contempt they're held in, I mentioned it on the Dowd thread and Ozz mentions it here, being able to hear the comms between the officials (they're already using the equipment, it's just not made public) would serve 2 purposes.

1. there'd be an instant recognition of reasons for the decision.
2. the players could be picked up on it, hopefully stopping them surrounding the ref, etc.

Offline devilla

• GM : Nov, 2012
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2012, 11:12:33 PM »
My problem with this is that Lambert being banned and why he's been banned (not specifics mind) is public knowledge but the linesman, whilst not involved in games this weekend, appears to be serving an undefined demotion/suspension.  There is nothing to suggest why (or even confirm that is the case, he could be missing for another reason), acknowledge the error, or suggest that it's something that shouldn't have happened.

The lack of clarity in officiating in football is one of the key reasons for the contempt they're held in, I mentioned it on the Dowd thread and Ozz mentions it here, being able to hear the comms between the officials (they're already using the equipment, it's just not made public) would serve 2 purposes.

1. there'd be an instant recognition of reasons for the decision.
2. the players could be picked up on it, hopefully stopping them surrounding the ref, etc.

I also can't for the life of me understand why football hasn't learned from rugby and let the comms between the ref, linesmen and players public. As you say Paul, the technology is there but I don't think the FA would want to upset the sky 4.

And another thing that really winds me up about punishments for surrounding the referee and mass confrontation - behaviour which Man U players seem to be prone to. A £20k fine to a big club is a piss in the ocean. What about deducting a point or points from clubs whose players do this? That would stop it.

I think in the circumstances of the decision against us our players behaved very well.

I think at the same time as charging Lambert, the FA should also say whether any sanction has been applied to the linesman involved and the referee as he could and should have over-ruled the linesman. But then again, that would be admitting that they both made bad mistakes and that wouldn't do, would it?

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2012, 08:55:16 AM »
Frankly, I'm struggling to believe anybody in that tunnel could understand a word Lambert said. One of them must have been Scotch.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal