collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kick it Out Campaign  (Read 32331 times)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
Re: Kick it Out Campaign
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 08:33:53 PM »
Sky are making the most of this to deflect attention away from The Sun and Leveson etc.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 08:36:43 PM »
It seems to me that the Kick it Out campaign has been making progress amongst fans. Hopefully in changing attitudes but certainly in making those who hold such odious views think twice before voicing them amongst other fans.
But it also seems to have had virtually no effect amongst those that play the game.

Seems like our overpaid footballers cossetted away from the real world have a bit of catching up to do with those of us who watch them.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2012, 08:38:11 PM »
It seems to me that the Kick it Out campaign has been making progress amongst fans. Hopefully in changing attitudes but certainly in making those who hold such odious views think twice before voicing them amongst other fans.
But it also seems to have had virtually no effect amongst those that play the game.

One theory I've heard today is that the Ferdinand/Terry thing has exposed the cliqueyness of Premiership football, rather than an undercurrent of racism.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2012, 08:42:45 PM »
What is Ferdinands problem with the t-shirt?

Apparently he decided to protest against racism by not participating in the anti racism campaign.

He bizzare logic is that not enough has been done (true) so he should opt out of Kick it Out. What is bizzare is Kick it Out has no powers beyond awareness. So he is picking on the wrong group.

What he should have done if he had the balls is to do an interview criticising the FA, he would have got the press and been able to make his points.

Passively aggressively not wearing a TShirt makes him look pretty silly on the matter imho.

Couldn't agree more.  I really can't see the reasoning behind criticising Kick it Out, for as you rightly point that they have no powers.  The FA dealt with the Terry matter awfully and are now hiding behind Kick it Out and letting them take the brunt of the criticism.  Also, the FA don't seem to have put anything in place to deal with an incident like this should it happen again. 

ps.   I really don't think it is wise to have live interview with some footballers when it comes to sensitive issues like this.  I was listening  to Radio 5 last night and Jason Brown (Aberdeen keeper) was tying himself in knots talking about the issue.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2012, 08:55:17 PM »
Ferguson was fuming about it, one paper said it'll be the end of him at old Trafford

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2012, 08:55:41 PM »
It's a worry that there are actually people in this country who buy and read the Mail.
Some of them possibly even fall for the tripe they're reading.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2012, 08:56:28 PM »
Ferguson was fuming about it, one paper said it'll be the end of him at old Trafford

Ferdinand is on thin ice. Ferguson has got rid of better players for less.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2012, 09:09:27 PM »

Ferguson was around in the 70s and 80s and saw how badly black players were treated back then. He will hopefully point out to Ferdinand that it is in no small part due to the worthy efforts of the Kick it Out campaign that things have improved as much as they have. Ferdinand's action was downright disrespectful to all those who have worked so hard for that campaign over the years.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2012, 09:15:05 PM »
Was at Elland Rd when they threw bananas onto the pitch at Bruno. People barely batted an eyelid back then. Absolutely disgusting.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2012, 09:40:26 PM »
#I wouldn't wipe my fucking arse with the Daily Heil or the Heil (light) on Sunday. I'd rather the shit stick to my bottom as I'd still be much cleaner. And the same goes for the ****** at Murdoch's empire who advocated the tapping of the Murdered Girl's Phone and Dead Soldier's phones.

Scum. Sub human Scum - all of them!

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2012, 10:04:04 PM »
Was at Elland Rd when they threw bananas onto the pitch at Bruno. People barely batted an eyelid back then. Absolutely disgusting.
Our fans did that at The Hawthorns for at least two seasons on the trot. The green grocers along the Soho Rd must have done a roaring trade.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2012, 10:07:54 PM »
Can we email this journalist to note our displeasure?

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
There was an article in yesterday's Independent that mentioned  Savo Milosevic apologising on behalf of the Serbian FA.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2012, 12:31:49 AM »
If the Ferdinands - and others - feel that Kick It Out is a worthless idea then there is nothing to stop them putting time and money into starting an initiative of their own. It's not like they work 24/7 or are a little short of cash come the end of the month.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2012, 01:13:34 AM »

Ferdinand is on thin ice. Ferguson has got rid of better players for less.
Ferdinand is a big headed twat who was a decent defender 5 years ago.This all goes back to the Chelsea racist getting the England captaincy.It just so happened that the Chelsea racist was being that to his brother.Rio is nothing more than a bandwagon jumper.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal