collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How depressing has it all become?  (Read 28922 times)

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
Re: How depressing has it all become?
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2012, 01:51:12 PM »
He was finally properly turned on in the 35th game of the season. Funny how that's rarely mentioned when they go on about him given no time.

It was quite something to behold.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2012, 01:52:29 PM »
The second half of the Bolton home game?

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2012, 01:57:26 PM »

That was the only home game I was able to get to last season. It wasn't just the Holte singing it either, it was from all round the ground. It was awful.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2012, 02:44:41 PM »

That was the only home game I was able to get to last season. It wasn't just the Holte singing it either, it was from all round the ground. It was awful.

For less than sixty seconds, the whole of Villa Park was happy. I've never been anywhere where the atmosphere has turned so nasty so fast.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2012, 03:18:06 PM »
It only truly turned with 5 minutes left when it was quite obvious no equaliser was coming as well.

I have never seen Villa Park turn like that before. A few moaners, some kids playing look at me being controversial in the Holte, I have seen aplenty but when the crowd cracked that night it was every part of the ground and in every tier that went for him.

An extraordinary sight.

Offline eastie

« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2012, 03:32:13 PM »
It only truly turned with 5 minutes left when it was quite obvious no equaliser was coming as well.

I have never seen Villa Park turn like that before. A few moaners, some kids playing look at me being controversial in the Holte, I have seen aplenty but when the crowd cracked that night it was every part of the ground and in every tier that went for him.

An extraordinary sight.

I wonder if he still thinks back to that night while counting his money from his pay off.

As for us, we need to pick up points  and try to pull away a bit from the bottom 3 , confidence will soon grow with a couple of wins and a few goals , too early yet to worry and it takes time for things to click, I think we will be ok.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2012, 04:22:15 PM »

For less than sixty seconds, the whole of Villa Park was happy. I've never been anywhere where the atmosphere has turned so nasty so fast.

It did feel like something of a release because you can't say it hadn't been bubbling under for a while.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2012, 04:29:53 PM »
I sensed the turn against him when he brought on Heskey up at Wigan - certainly made my piss boil!

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2012, 04:37:05 PM »
I sensed the turn against him when he brought on Heskey up at Wigan - certainly made my piss boil!

I've said this a few times on here but that Wigan game totally convinced me that he was a goner. I've never heard a Villa away crowd so quiet and a team so devoid of attacking ideas.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2012, 04:45:57 PM »
This was definitely the first time when us long-suffering fans turned: and it was pretty vitriolic when it was clear the Hesk was coming on. If ever a draw was clutched from the jaws of victory that was it.
The home Bolton game was the ramped-up version of we saw at Wigan.

Offline eastie

« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2012, 04:59:39 PM »

I've said this a few times on here but that Wigan game totally convinced me that he was a goner. I've never heard a Villa away crowd so quiet and a team so devoid of attacking ideas.

Spurs away showed me he was out of his depth at a club like villa - it was as though we never turned up.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2012, 09:30:19 PM »
Yep Wigan away was when I finally wanted him out. I believe that was the first time the "fcuk off McLeish, the Villa is ours" chant popped up that was then heard in the Bolton game.

To a smaller degree, losing dismally at home to Swansea just after beating Chelsea convinced me we weren't going to progress under him but Wigan was the proper tipping point.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »
It started at Wigan with groans of discontent. It still wansnt close to the Bolton night though.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2012, 11:16:12 PM »
It started at Wigan with groans of discontent. It still wansnt close to the Bolton night though.

It was a bit more than groans.  I think it was the first time that the "Fuck off McLeish, the Villa is ours" chants started. 

Offline 1874

« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2012, 11:35:04 PM »
It was a bit sad that TSM's family were there when he was properly turned on. On the flip-side, it was a good job Randy was there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal