collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:32:19 PM]

FFP by pablo_picasso
[Today at 05:31:28 PM]

Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 05:29:05 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 05:28:11 PM]

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:27:35 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by astonvilla82
[Today at 05:25:54 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:25:04 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by ChicagoLion
[Today at 05:22:42 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Rambo on his time at Bayern Munich  (Read 2824 times)

Offline rutski

Rambo on his time at Bayern Munich
« on: October 31, 2012, 12:09:56 PM »

Offline Charlie8182

Re: Rambo on his time at Bayern Munich
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 12:33:06 PM »
I remember the last game of the season I knew they were coming over and we drew 0-0 with Coventry and I thought that's that done - they won't be wanting me after a 0-0 with Coventry! But it was a typical end of season game. I was playing against big Brian Kilcline, whose nickname was Killer at the time, and we'd both said to each other that this is the last game of the season so don't be doing anything silly. And I said, 'Well don't be kicking me because I've got somebody watching me'. And I couldn't even score!

That would be a 1-1 draw at home to Coventry on the last game of the 1988/89 he's talking about, and it wasn't a typical end of season game for us that we should have taken things easy in as we had to win to guarantee our place in the top flight; so that draw meant we had to rely on West Ham not taking maximum points from their last 2 games to save us.

Offline rutski

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 02:23:45 PM »
always remember his goal against millwall in the league cup. massive surge in the holte end. one of the best i have seen at vp

Offline andyaston

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 04:23:28 PM »
How could he not remember the importance of that last game of the season. We were in big trouble after that draw. Thankfully West Ham needed to beat Notts Forest who were third and Liverpool who were level on points at the top, both away.

West Ham did, for Forest which made it a horrible 5 day wait. Even if they gave Liverpool a fright, it was 1-1 after an hour eventually, the Red Scouse killed it and won 5-1, and I slept well once again.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 05:35:34 PM »
We battered cov in that last game of the season and I think it was 1-1 but liverpool did us a favour, then we paid them back for it the next season by giving them the championship.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 01:40:19 PM »
He definately remembers that 'typical end of season game' incorrectly. I remember we really needed to win and it was very nervy. I think Platt put us ahead before Bannister equalised. That left West Ham needing to win their last two at Forest and Liverpool. I think it was the last year before all final games had to be played at the same time. I was in a pub on a Thursday night when a bluenose gleefully told me they had won at Forest and the following week was listening at home on the radio when they went a goal up at Anfield before losing 5-1. I'm pretty sure Ray Houghton started the ball rolling with Liverpool's first.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 04:00:25 PM »
He definately remembers that 'typical end of season game' incorrectly. I remember we really needed to win and it was very nervy. I think Platt put us ahead before Bannister equalised. That left West Ham needing to win their last two at Forest and Liverpool. I think it was the last year before all final games had to be played at the same time. I was in a pub on a Thursday night when a bluenose gleefully told me they had won at Forest and the following week was listening at home on the radio when they went a goal up at Anfield before losing 5-1. I'm pretty sure Ray Houghton started the ball rolling with Liverpool's first.
Rosenoir equalised. Liverpool scored first, it was 1-1 at half time. Thankfully Liverpool went goal crazy in the second period.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal