collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The next 4 games....  (Read 25541 times)

Offline Aston Villa

Re: The next 4 games....
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2012, 09:37:55 PM »
If we lose the next league game we still have 30 more to get ourselves up the league.
If we lose against Swindon we are out of the League Cup, no coming back from that.
But we will still have another chance in the league cup next year regardless. If we are relegated in the league then we are not in it next year.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2012, 09:39:14 PM »
Here's some revolutionary thinking. We could have a cup run and stay up.

Offline Richard Richard

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2012, 09:43:32 PM »
If we lose the next league game we still have 30 more to get ourselves up the league.
If we lose against Swindon we are out of the League Cup, no coming back from that.
But we will still have another chance in the league cup next year regardless. If we are relegated in the league then we are not in it next year.
This premier league or nothing attitude is depressing. Fuck you Sky!

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
Which of you is failing to understand that the best we are funded for is mid table mediocrity and maybe an odd cup run that never ends in a trophy? Bless your youthful naivety. Staying in the PL is all that sub squillionaire owners care about. Realistically, sadly.

Offline Aston Villa

« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2012, 10:21:51 PM »
Indeed. This whole debate arose from which of the next 4 games are most important. I maintain that it is the Norwich game some others seem to think it is the Swindon game. Obviously I'd like nothing more then to win both. I am not one of those that agrees with the view that the cups are a distraction but at the same time, I will always place more importance on the league.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2012, 10:23:19 PM »
5 points would be good for me, but if we can stay undefeated even better and a cup win.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2012, 10:29:09 PM »
Indeed. This whole debate arose from which of the next 4 games are most important. I maintain that it is the Norwich game some others seem to think it is the Swindon game. Obviously I'd like nothing more then to win both. I am not one of those that agrees with the view that the cups are a distraction but at the same time, I will always place more importance on the league.

You have the most imaginative username ;)

In all seriousness, you're right and I agree with you. Cups should be second place to survival.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2012, 10:41:19 PM »

We will still be in another league. There really is life below the...err...EPL...you know.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:42:55 PM by Plumbutt Cooper »

Offline Aston Villa

« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2012, 10:43:06 PM »
Creativity was never my strong point.

Offline Aston Villa

« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2012, 10:51:39 PM »

We will still be in another league. There really is life below the...err...EPL...you know.
I'm 22 and therefore of the Sky generation. :) Non-PL football is unimaginable to me!!! Seriously though, with the money involved in the TV deals it is pretty vital to stay in the division.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:54:04 PM by Aston Villa »

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2012, 10:53:58 PM »

I like it I wish I had thought of it

Offline peter w

« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2012, 11:02:15 PM »
The Premiership is the priority. as the league always has been and always should be. So, winning those games is far more important than the Swindon game. However, I still want to win the Cup, any Cup, but not as a trade off for being relegated. Not that I'm suggesting that we will be.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2012, 11:03:13 PM »
I'm 22 and therefore of the Sky generation. :) Non-PL football is unimaginable to me!!! Seriously though, with the money involved in the TV deals it is pretty vital to stay in the division.

Is it?
Can you not see yourself being able to support your club in another division?
They are your club, you will follow them wherever and whatever surely?

Offline peter w

« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2012, 11:07:19 PM »

Is it?
Can you not see yourself being able to support your club in another division?
They are your club, you will follow them wherever and whatever surely?

That's not the point though. Most of us have seen Villa in a lower division and had great times taking over smaller grounds and seeing us winning. But, do you really think I'd trade a Cup win for a spell in The Championship? No ta.

Offline Aston Villa

« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2012, 11:19:38 PM »

I like it I wish I had thought of it
Well it was only the second choice. My original choice was 'The Left Side' but it seems somebody else got there first. Grrr...;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal