collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:19:08 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:17:29 PM]

Diego Carlos by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:14:13 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Risso
[Today at 12:11:10 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:11:02 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 11:49:23 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:19:21 AM]

Champions League Contention by Sdwbvf
[Today at 11:06:33 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:19:08 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:17:29 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:14:54 PM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:14:13 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Risso
[Today at 12:11:10 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:11:02 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 12:09:54 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by London Villan
[Today at 12:07:17 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Code of conduct?  (Read 15573 times)

Offline MarkM

Re: Code of conduct?
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2012, 09:01:34 AM »
Didn't see any trouble of any sorts after the game, but it doesn't surprise me that much; the atmosphere was quite hostile at times. I'd also like to add that I thoroughly enjoyed going berserk in the Holte when Bent scored, one of the better moments this season.

We went a bit mad in the upper Witton.

I am right by the away fans and it was fantastic to celebrate right next to them.

They were a bunch of inbreds though, and the Police were really having a go at anyone who was giving it 'large'

One of there muppets was really going for it, shouting and foaming at the mouth acting like he was some big time holligan, right up intil the Police man shouted at him to shut it, at which point self styled big man turned into a mouse and simply went back to his seat and said "ok, sorry officer" in a rather quite mouse like voice

Made me smile

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2012, 09:12:02 AM »
Some of the holier than thou comments make me laugh. It's a fuckin local derby for christs sake. All week everyone has been writing how much the Baggies hate us. Thank fuck we fans made it fairly hostile.. A guy at work last night hadn't been down for over 4 years and was amazed at the passion in the ground. In all 'incidents' mentioned no one was actually injured.

Offline midnite

• GM : 30.03.2016
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2012, 09:18:47 AM »
Two WBA fans in the holte yesterday. One looked completely hammered, watching the game on tv's by the food kiosks. Started celebrating when they scored. Stewards had to hold back our fans as police got rid of the two baggies fans.

I don't understand it. If you're going to be in the away area, is it really that hard to keep your mouth shut and just have a little grin on your face instead of having to go crazy when you score??

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2012, 11:16:44 AM »
Some of the holier than thou comments make me laugh. It's a fuckin local derby for christs sake. All week everyone has been writing how much the Baggies hate us. Thank fuck we fans made it fairly hostile.. A guy at work last night hadn't been down for over 4 years and was amazed at the passion in the ground. In all 'incidents' mentioned no one was actually injured.

This is fine, but I've never understood why people feel the need to 'celebrate' a Villa goal by turning to the opposition fans and calling them all sorts of ******! Why?
When Villa score just about the last people I care about are the opposition fans.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2012, 11:34:54 AM »
I heard a few mentions of there being some trouble as I was walking past the Witton after the game but I didn't see anything.

On a slightly different note, if whinging was an offense punishable by ejection the bloke sitting next to me would have been thrown out in the first 10 minutes.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2012, 12:06:29 PM »
I heard a few mentions of there being some trouble as I was walking past the Witton after the game but I didn't see anything.

Seemed to me like a flare or firework was thrown into the Boggy fans (but I can't be sure who actually threw it) then it was just handbags between two sets of twats.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2012, 12:33:33 PM »
I've always thought that H&V could be improved with a "Dear Deidre" section.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2012, 12:46:49 PM »
I dont want to sound all sanctimonious but the biggest problem with ejections from the ground is that the majority of fans dont know what the rules are and as such feel very pissed off when it happens to them and they think they have done nothing wrong.

It only takes an instant to stick your fingers up, make insulting comments, threatening gestures that by the individual are forgotten almost as quick as they happen yet are picked up by cameras that are everywhere and are being watched constantly by a battalion of trained police / stewards / fire officers etc.

I am sure that there are some in nocent parties wrongly accused / ejected from the stadium but in the vast majority of cases the "victims" are not as innocent as they think they are.

There are signs all around the stadium identifying what is Civil law / rules and what are FA / Football stadia rules - take a minute and read them it would make a few take notice of their behaviour inside the ground

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2012, 03:03:15 PM »
who insisted on singing all through the game

Is that a bad thing aftab?
[/quote]
No it's not but when you are in a "family" area and its ad nauseam splurt of "shit on the baggies" it's bad! Supporting songs of encouragement are most welcomed.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2012, 05:04:36 AM »

This is fine, but I've never understood why people feel the need to 'celebrate' a Villa goal by turning to the opposition fans and calling them all sorts of c***s! Why?
When Villa score just about the last people I care about are the opposition fans.

Spot on Dave. I don't even notice what our own players are doing when we score, never mind away fans. For a few brief seconds, nothing else in the world can touch me.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2012, 05:05:39 AM »
who insisted on singing all through the game

Is that a bad thing aftab?

No it's not but when you are in a "family" area and its ad nauseam splurt of "shit on the baggies" it's bad! Supporting songs of encouragement are most welcomed.

[/quote]
Aha, I am with you

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2012, 08:32:29 AM »
the fella that sat next to me on sunday was particuly agressive, shouting swearing and generaly foaming at the mouth in a very ugly fashion as the game went on, it was embarrasing to be honest,

there were young kids around to, who could have easily heard what was going on, and when we scored he acted like a complete nutter,
 if i'm honest and i'm a bit ashamed to say this, but i was hoping someone was going to come along and throw him out. but it never happened

by the way i watched the match on the telly at home with my eldest lad

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2012, 08:54:09 AM »
Very good, John.

Offline Brummie Bob

« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2012, 09:24:04 AM »
Yes, it was great in P8 when we scored. Thankfully that seat surfer from the Swansea game wasn't flying about.

He was there and very subdued person was he. I think his mates words have got to him. well done to them and well done to him for taking the advice on board.

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2012, 04:19:24 PM »
the fella that sat next to me on sunday was particuly agressive, shouting swearing and generaly foaming at the mouth in a very ugly fashion as the game went on, it was embarrasing to be honest,

there were young kids around to, who could have easily heard what was going on, and when we scored he acted like a complete nutter,
 if i'm honest and i'm a bit ashamed to say this, but i was hoping someone was going to come along and throw him out. but it never happened

by the way i watched the match on the telly at home with my eldest lad

Very good:-)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal