collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Clampy
[Today at 07:39:53 AM]

NSWE Investment by Clampy
[Today at 07:36:01 AM]

Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Code of conduct?  (Read 15568 times)

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Re: Code of conduct?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 09:53:07 PM »
As an aside, I witnessed some twattish behaviour in the ground today that just left me feeling embarrassed.

This is the first time in a good few years that this fixture hasn't been a lunchtime kick off.  Maybe some of the reports of fan trouble will mean it's back to a lunchtime kickoff next season.

It's usually 3pm it was for both games last year

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 09:53:37 PM »
There was some trouble outside the Witton Lane stand after the game.

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 10:00:54 PM »
Apparently a few coins were thrown and a firework

Offline andyaston

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 10:05:38 PM »
Yes, it was great in P8 when we scored. Thankfully that seat surfer from the Swansea game wasn't flying about.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 10:06:28 PM »
Like what Lizz?

I'm trying to erase it from my memory, but basically, along the lines of 'I'm a real hard man me' [as long as my victim is smaller, on their own and I have an appreciate audience]. Not the first time I've witnessed that kind of behaviour though, and not just at football matches either. C'est la vie.

Offline peter w

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 10:07:52 PM »
There are 2 sides to a story. I'd like to hear the Stewards version as if it were for singing & celebrating after a goal then most of the crowd would be vunerable for ejection??

Exactly. I now sit in P8 and we all went berzerk.

No more half-time pints when I'm back? Where's P8?

Witton Lane. Let me know when you're back and I'll relocate for those matches.

i'll be at fulham (missus and babby due on the 14th permitting) and Norwich on the 27th. Haven't checked fixtures after that.

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 10:11:36 PM »
Like what Lizz?

I'm trying to erase it from my memory, but basically, along the lines of 'I'm a real hard man me' [as long as my victim is smaller, on their own and I have an appreciate audience]. Not the first time I've witnessed that kind of behaviour though, and not just at football matches either. C'est la vie.

There are always idiots Lizz, shame

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 11:39:23 PM »
I sit in upper Witton End about half way up right in the centre. I noticed today that there were a couple of people about 10 rows above us to the right who insisted on singing all through the game and mostly did this whilst standing up. They appeared to have spent sometime preparing for the game in a local brewery. I wonder not having seen the ejection event if these were the people who me and few others also found annoying. They were singing the classic S oTA!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2012, 11:41:42 PM »
Hard to say anything without properly hearing even one side of the story, never mind both sides.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2012, 11:42:41 PM »
Violence erupted as rival fans squared up after the drawn local derby between Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion.

West Midlands Police tweeted from Villa Park that fireworks were hurled at spectators after the 1-1 stalemate this afternoon.

Officers posted on @WMPVillaFC: "A minority of fans came together and flares were thrown into the crowd. Two have been arrested on sus (suspicion) of violent disorder."

Police also tweeted that a Villa fan was arrested for throwing coins at visiting supporters.

Meanwhile, one Villa supporter Mat posted on Twitter that trouble had also started outside the Doug Ellis Stand after the game, claiming that police had used batons to quell the disturbance.

Officers would continue to monitor pubs near the stadium for several hours, West Midlands Police added.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 11:47:16 PM »
Didn't see any trouble of any sorts after the game, but it doesn't surprise me that much; the atmosphere was quite hostile at times. I'd also like to add that I thoroughly enjoyed going berserk in the Holte when Bent scored, one of the better moments this season.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2012, 12:08:26 AM »
Like what Lizz?

Unfortunately there are.  Was sitting in the lower North Stand today and heard some pretty bad stuff shouted at the disabled Albion fans sat in the Trinity Road.   Two lads at the front of the section I was sitting in were threatened with ejection for the gesticulations they were making, so maybe the stewards had been instructed to clamp down on that kind of behaviour.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2012, 01:27:48 AM »
Like what Lizz?

Unfortunately there are.  Was sitting in the lower North Stand today and heard some pretty bad stuff shouted at the disabled Albion fans sat in the Trinity Road.   Two lads at the front of the section I was sitting in were threatened with ejection for the gesticulations they were making, so maybe the stewards had been instructed to clamp down on that kind of behaviour.

I saw those morons shouting abuse in direction of the disabled fans as I was sat in the family enclosure down by the corner flag. What didn't help the situation either was the disabled persons helper was stood up 'giving it the big un' making hand gestures to the Villa fans. Of course that doesn't mean our morons should react the way they did, but their moron should have considered the fact he was in the family area with young kids about.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2012, 01:42:13 AM »
Like what Lizz?

I saw those morons shouting abuse in direction of the disabled fans as I was sat in the family enclosure down by the corner flag. What didn't help the situation either was the disabled persons helper was stood up 'giving it the big un' making hand gestures to the Villa fans. Of course that doesn't mean our morons should react the way they did, but their moron should have considered the fact he was in the family area with young kids about.

Didn't see the helper doing that and agree that he shouldn't be doing that, but some of the shouts that were directed specifically at the disabed fans were way out of order.   

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2012, 06:30:50 AM »
who insisted on singing all through the game
[/quote]

Is that a bad thing aftab?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal