collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What are the biggest reasons for the 180 difference since the first two weeks?  (Read 16123 times)

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
One thing that puzzles me is that whenever they mention us on MOTD they always go on about how terrible we were against West Ham. We lost, sure, but we dominated them first half and had we put away one or two chances to capitalise on that dominance it would have been seen as a professional if unremarkable win.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
One thing that puzzles me is that whenever they mention us on MOTD they always go on about how terrible we were against West Ham. We lost, sure, but we dominated them first half and had we put away one or two chances to capitalise on that dominance it would have been seen as a professional if unremarkable win.

absolutly agree with this,
 i have been banging on about the first 30 mins against West Ham where we passed the ball as good as i've seen in years, the result went against us because we couldnt on the day create many actual chances, but the signs of good football for the coming season were there straight away,
i was a Lambert convert from that game on, as i was one of the people who were unsure of him to begin with

but like you say we lost so we must have been shit, funnily enough there were plenty on here who thought the same not just MOTD

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
The thing about West Ham was that it was pretty poor as a game in and of itself, so it's easy to tag the losing side in a poor game as being poor.  We probably deserved a draw and if we had got it they'd be saying we 'did OK' at West Ham, which is probably a better reflection of our overall play that day.

Offline The Man With A Stick

Calm down everyone, the Guardian still think we're shit:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/sep/21/premier-league-weekend-demba-ba

There are some things no football manager should tolerate: personal abuse, tantrums from subs, and losing to the current Aston Villa team.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
West Ham- 9 times out of 10 is a nil nil, that goal shouldn't have been allowed.

Why?

Clark headed it on, the player was clearly not offside.

I agree unless there was some other unreported infringement which we have collectively missed.

There wasn't, much as we wanted it to be offside, the referee got it right, unfortunately.

Yes it was a legitimate goal, but usually when the linesman flags for offside, it's given offside, not overturned by the referee.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
For me it's the fact we no longer seem to be consistently hoofing the ball from the backline, only for it to be sent back against us as it failed to stick with an attacker

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: What are the biggest reasons for the 180 difference since last week?
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2012, 06:41:46 PM »
What are the biggest reasons for the 180 difference since the first two weeks? last week ?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
What are the biggest reasons for the 180 difference since the first two weeks? last week ?

Amongst some fans or the team?

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.

I just reckon after next week we will be challenging for Europe and then the following week getting relegated again.

Offline nornironvillain

last week and today sum up what its going to be like for the forseeable being a Villa fan

we have to face facts - we are on a par with Norwich city

like it or loathe it, thats where we are

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024

I just reckon after next week we will be challenging for Europe and then the following week getting relegated again.

It will be important, as much as it will be difficult at times to try to keep an even keel. By our very nature as football fans, and especially fans of a club like ours where we haven't seen much actual success in a good while not too get too excited or too down. That said, it's a project down there and Lambert knows it more than anyone. He won't let this get to him and his job now is to ensure his players move on quickly and are focused for the week ahead.

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
Can we change the title of this thread?!

The fans are looking up, then they're feeling really down, theyre feeling really down, they're feeling really down.

Looking up, then feeling down, looking up, then feeling down.

Offline danlanza

No worries
Would not like to be on the training pitch with Lambert next week.
He will be kicking arse and having serious words with certain players.

Offline eastie

Will be a season of highs and lows rather than last seasons mainly lows, a learning curve and valuable experience- I'm surprised the gnasher hasn't reappeared this weekend.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal