collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:11:08 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:11:07 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 03:09:32 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 03:06:38 PM]

Robin Olsen by johnc
[Today at 03:05:35 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 02:34:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:11:08 PM]

Re: VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:11:07 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 03:09:32 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 03:06:38 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by johnc
[Today at 03:05:35 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 03:04:58 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 03:02:43 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 03:01:49 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Petrov banner banned from Villa park  (Read 26771 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Petrov banner banned from Villa park
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2012, 02:36:10 PM »
So, if at the Swansea game the giant Villa flag is surfed across the Lower Holte thus blocking my view as the players come out and myself and eight mates complain after the match we'll be able to get that banned?

I think the chance of you potentially missing a goal are fairly slim in that circumstance.

Stupid and irrelevant argument, and you know it.

it really isn't and it is a valid point
It's nowhere near as big an issue as missing some of the game itself, though.

maybe I got the wrong end of the stick here. I'm saying that the flag shouldn't impede people's view during the game.

Sorry, I'm confused

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2012, 02:38:22 PM »
maybe I got the wrong end of the stick here. I'm saying that the flag shouldn't impede people's view during the game.

Sorry, I'm confused
Ah right, yeah I think you might have! The flag that TLP mentioned goes around *before* the game starts, and is out of the way by kick off.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2012, 02:39:45 PM »
So, if at the Swansea game the giant Villa flag is surfed across the Lower Holte thus blocking my view as the players come out and myself and eight mates complain after the match we'll be able to get that banned?

I think the chance of you potentially missing a goal are fairly slim in that circumstance.

WOW.

You seriously think missing about ten seconds of the pre-match rituals is as serious as paying spectators missing a goal that could prove to be the decisive moment in the game?

Amazing.
Think what you like. I find it all a bit small minded and petty.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2012, 02:41:17 PM »
Maybe the club should've sold the tickets behind Brigada as restricted view tickets :)

Offline The Villa Werewolf

• GM : 13.07.2015
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2012, 02:44:01 PM »

WOW.

You seriously think missing about ten seconds of the pre-match rituals is as serious as paying spectators missing a goal that could prove to be the decisive moment in the game?

Amazing.
Think what you like. I find it all a bit small minded and petty.

I'm sure you'd change your mind if you missed the goal in a 1-0 win after paying 40-odd quid for your ticket.

Offline Rob92

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 02:47:23 PM »
Jesus, some people need to get a grip. It's one minute of the game and in support of our captain. The kid in front of me stands on his seat and blocks my view, can I get him banned too?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2012, 02:49:18 PM »
I'm sure you'd change your mind if you missed the goal in a 1-0 win after paying 40-odd quid for your ticket.

Mind you, on the evidence of recent seasons, the chances of that banner obscuring your view of a goal when hung out for one minute every match will be pretty tiny

I still understand the complainers, though.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »
Just a suggestion, but couldn't a flag for Stan just be hung from the bottom of the upper Holte next to the 12th man [nonsense] sign?  That way it wouldn't annoy anybody else, and would permanently be on show.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2012, 03:00:50 PM »
Don't even suggest stopping the 19th minute applause - it's the best thing about attending at the moment!

Offline Rob92

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2012, 03:05:14 PM »
Agreed. We should do it every single game until he's out of the woods.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2012, 03:05:15 PM »
Jesus, some people need to get a grip. It's one minute of the game and in support of our captain. The kid in front of me stands on his seat and blocks my view, can I get him banned too?

Well, no person has been banned. If you complained, I'm sure he will be told to sit, just as everyone else in the ground has to. Kids have an option of a booster seat if he is having trouble seeing the game.

And all most people are saying is show a banner that does not block other peoples view of the game. How hard would that be?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2012, 03:09:29 PM »
Don't even suggest stopping the 19th minute applause - it's the best thing about attending at the moment!

It's pretty much the only thing that can be relied on to get you on your feet at Villa these days.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2012, 03:11:59 PM »
Sitting behind it would just remind me of my next door neighbour's washing line. When she hangs out her knickers it's like an eclipse has taken place.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2012, 03:20:59 PM »
The 9 people whose view appears to be blocked by it perhaps? The only reason i can think of anyway.....

for one minute of a game, ffs the banner is showing support to our club captain!

The people behind it won't have seen it that way, though. Plus maybe they thought it'd be there the rest of the match or something?

It was only flown for one minute then put away, the complaints have been made since the game.
Surely it could have been designed not to interfere with the view of others, and from the sounds of things you were looking to display it at more games, which means it would be a continuing nuisance to them. I agree it may have been handled badly (and those who complained should probably have spoken to ye first, instead of going directly to the club), but it's a bit unfair to expect others to put up their view being completely blocked (as it appears from the photo) when there was no need for it to be, no matter how short a time it may be for.

there is a need for it, it's to show support for Stan. people need to remember it's a football ground not a cinema or library.

...we could have strung a great move together and scored...

That made me smile!!

Offline Chrisupnorth

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2012, 03:44:06 PM »
I'm probably going to be ripped to pieces for this but do we really need to do the 19th minute applause this season? I totally understood it last season and Petrov knows were all fully behind him, continuing to do it is all abit Liverpool.
I think you have a point
Couldn't agree more.  Falls into the same category as those floral tributes you see tied to lamp posts at the scene of an accident, which some people feel the urge to replenish months and even years after the incident.  Much as I sympathise, I wouldn't want it outside my front door.  You've paid your respects, now move on.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal