collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Chap
[Today at 09:29:17 AM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by darren woolley
[Today at 09:28:50 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Baldy
[Today at 09:26:37 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Clampy
[Today at 09:21:40 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Baldy
[Today at 09:19:49 AM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Max Villan
[Today at 09:17:32 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by nigel
[Today at 08:39:02 AM]

NSWE Investment by IFWaters
[Today at 08:36:11 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matchday Experience  (Read 9556 times)

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
Re: Matchday Experience Saturday
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 09:07:15 PM »
The beer at £3.90 now is a joke really. All the tills were broken before the game in the lower part of the Holte Upper too.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 09:29:03 PM »

I gave up expecting decent food at football matches years ago and as for knowing the teams before the game... that was half the fun last year, walking in, turning to a mate and saying "Heskey and Hutton in midfield, what the feck is all that about"   

Offline djbone

• GM : 16.03.2025
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 10:41:57 PM »
We came up for our once-or-twice a year game (turned out to be a great match to choose!), lured partly by the Family Fun Day and corresponding cheap ticket deal in the Family Enclosure.

Not been in the Trinity Lower before - not much atmosphere (though ideal being with a seven and a three year old) but a good view and the seven-year-old was thrilled to see the players so close up as they came in and out the tunnel, despite the result.  Those fire jet things were ridiculous - we were in row 11 and flinched at the heat.

The Family Fun Day element in the Indoor Academy was OK I guess for a freebie, but the queues were so big the kids could only have a go at a couple of things in the hour or so we were there (not including to my regret getting a pic with Ian Taylor!).

All in all left with the usual mild annoyance at how footie fans are treated compared to other sports , particularly as regards food and drink.  The overcharging for the most simple (or downright nasty) fare, and the one that always boils my piss - the petty alcohol restrictions. 

On the positive side, fair play to the club for keeping our admission prices accessible for the less well off, and that giant flag in the Holte looked ace. And as ever you can't beat the real thing over the TV version we're forced to endure most of the time living where we do. Will hopefully at least get to the likes of Soton and Reading this year tho, by which point I'm sure PL will have sorted the team ;0)

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 10:56:44 PM »
My mate was most upset as there was no draught beer in the Trinity. Apparently they hadn't had time to put it on. Wot, since May?
(Don't buy it myself as it's very shit and very expensive - now if they had Oakham Citra at £3.90 I'd consider it!).

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 11:17:45 PM »
Unimpressed Everton fan:

http://www.royalbluemersey.com/2012/8/28/3273848/Rant-Everton-Aston-Villa-Villa-Park

The guy says that he's traveled "the length and breadth of the country", however, I wonder if he's ever been in the away section at Goodison. That's not exactly a fun experience.

"When we picked up our ticket from the players entrance,"

As ordinary fans do.

I did that a couple of times at Anfield years ago.  My ex-girlfriend's dad were friendly with Steve Harkness's family (they were all truck drivers from Carlisle), and he used to sort us out for Liverpool v Villa tickets.  We were invited into the Liverpool players' lounge after they beat us 3-1, when Whittingham played out wide.

Blimey that's a name from the past Risso.

Only thing I remember about that bloke was Stan claiming he was a racial towards him and then trying to do him at VP the following season.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Matchday Experience
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 11:23:09 PM »
What is the point of those giant screens showing the match pretty much all the time?

We can see the match, it is in front of us. Surely line ups, scorers and time would be more useful?

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2012, 11:23:57 PM »
What is the point of those giant screens showing the match pretty much all the time?

We can see the match, it is in front of us. Surely line ups, scorers and time would be more useful?

They'd be useful if they showed replays.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2012, 12:46:13 AM »
I'd like to hear NO MUSIC once the teams are out of the tunnel. Whenever the crowd do try and get vocal they get drowned out by the PA system and Chaka Demus and Pliers or whatever the shit is they play these days

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2012, 02:47:38 AM »
They have to play the "shaking hands music.
It's a premier league rule.Shit innit.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal