collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: designing new lions club badge  (Read 19170 times)

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
Re: designing new lions club badge
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2012, 01:18:25 PM »
When you set up your K'FORD lions branch, can you please let me know details as I live close to K'ford

There is already an established Black Country Lions Club. There are discussions about finding us a new home, after the one that was in Old Hill, was not centred enough.

Hi Lee  (is that the Lee who ran the coaches?)

Having a Lions's club on the doorstep would be great. Used to be a member of the Stourbridge Lions in the late 70's when it met in the busman's social club behing the Employment Exchange.

Great days

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »
When you set up your K'FORD lions branch, can you please let me know details as I live close to K'ford

There is already an established Black Country Lions Club. There are discussions about finding us a new home, after the one that was in Old Hill, was not centred enough.

Hi Lee  (is that the Lee who ran the coaches?)

Having a Lions's club on the doorstep would be great. Used to be a member of the Stourbridge Lions in the late 70's when it met in the busman's social club behing the Employment Exchange.

Great days

Hi mate, no it's Nige that runs the Coaches, but I have helped him out in the past.

There are some discussions on re-booting the Club, as it seems to have lost it's way a bit after leaving the Spring Meadow in Old Hill. Once I know more mate, I'll let you know.

Offline rutski

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2012, 06:58:28 PM »
we are at the park tavern, cot lane kingswinford, tonight @ 8.30pm. anyone is welcome, discussing plans for club and ideas are welcome along with local villa fans!
i havent got all the answers, this will be just a vehicle for us all to get together locally!

as they say in royston vasey, a local club for local people!!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 07:55:52 PM by rutski »

Offline rutski

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2012, 07:02:59 PM »
http://www.facebook.com/KingswinfordLions?ref=hl. that is link for kingswinford lions on facebook

Offline rutski

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2012, 07:04:22 PM »
https://twitter.com/kfordlions this is for twitter

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2012, 07:53:27 PM »
All Black Country types keep me posted. I live there now so options re aways and meet ups are well received.

Offline rutski

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2012, 12:04:07 AM »
met some good chaps tonight, some i knew a little and a few i knew not at all, but we all had common bond!. UTV

Offline sid1964

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2012, 08:32:28 AM »
Yes, please keep me informed about the Kford lions.

Offline rutski

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2012, 08:38:26 AM »
Yes, please keep me informed about the Kford lions.
follow the links to twitter page and facebook pages. when something happening i will post on there.

Offline DBTW

• http://fansunite.17.forumer.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2012, 03:06:14 PM »
I am running a mini coach to Swindon through Sedgley Lions, have you got anyone who would want to come with us?

Offline rutski

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2012, 01:51:26 PM »
we are thinking of doing a player tribute flag, anyone with photoshop fancy a go at putting something together, maybe for Ron Vlaar - Villa's dutch master or KEA. Someone epitomising good spirit and worthy of recognition. Guzan perhaps or maybe christian benteke?  all ideas welcome as i know there are lots of you with good imagination and skills on the puter that i just cannot do!

Offline Simba

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2012, 08:31:03 AM »

Blimey the crest reprised on 179 (talking as a graphic designer, retired) is excellent and stronger than the Villa crest imho.

As a critique: I would also have the Lion extremities protruding even more onto the claret band in to give depth. "Lions" is in the name after all.

I see you have put a clever shadow around the Lion to overcome the stupid Villa decision to have a yellow lion on light blue. Dunno how you reproduce this in cloth. Like the Club crest it would be better with the old fragmented lion instead of our cartoon but thats not your choice.

Another option to bring it line with the club crest is to have the shield shape in the middle rather than another circle. The points would be proud on the claret with the Lion inside. Sorry to interfere but it looks great.

Offline rutski

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2013, 01:16:54 PM »

many thanks to all who have helped in the design and set up of the kingswinford lions. the badge looks smart doesnt it!

Offline Archie

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2013, 05:30:50 PM »
Good badge, and good luck for your new branch, mate!

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2013, 07:26:53 PM »
Having recently moved to Halesowen I'm in need of finding a pub that streams the Villa games if anyone can help me out. If not, I suppose a trip to the Park Tavern in Kingswinford wouldn't be too bad. ;-)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal