collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:02:31 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 06:02:17 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by David_Nab
[Today at 06:01:38 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 05:57:58 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:55:21 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Skerra
[Today at 05:54:21 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 05:52:52 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Martyn Smith
[Today at 05:52:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Culverhouse and Karsa to join the Coaching Staff  (Read 21596 times)

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Re: Culverhouse and Karsa to join the Coaching Staff
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2012, 12:42:11 PM »
Summer 2006, with Randy buying us and MON coming in, did also have a huge feel good factor about it.  However, that was largely down to the money we were expecting the new owner to spend.  This summer, it just feels more like a systematic plan is in place where we've identified the problem areas and are addressing them, starting with the manager. 

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2012, 12:44:47 PM »
Summer 2006, with Randy buying us and MON coming in, did also have a huge feel good factor about it.  However, that was largely down to the money we were expecting the new owner to spend.  This summer, it just feels more like a systematic plan is in place where we've identified the problem areas and are addressing them, starting with the manager. 
Can't really agree with that John, at the time I really think that MON was seen as a messiah who would lead us to the promised land (and I include myself in the group who saw him in those terms. How times have changed). Yes, having a billionaire owner helped the good feeling, but I don't think it's right to say he was the main reason for it.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2012, 12:49:10 PM »
I was also over the moon with MON coming in and after the last year of DOL we would have been hugely lifted anyway.  But with everthing else going on behind the scenes a change in ownership was much more important than a change in manager at that time.  MON on his own was improvement, MON with Randy was transformation.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2012, 01:31:26 PM »
I was also over the moon with MON coming in and after the last year of DOL we would have been hugely lifted anyway.  But with everthing else going on behind the scenes a change in ownership was much more important than a change in manager at that time.  MON on his own was improvement, MON with Randy was transformation.

TSM with Randy was also transformation.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2012, 01:41:27 PM »
Straight to work, first day of pre-season

http://t.co/3wfCurHd

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2012, 01:44:24 PM »

Back a bit early aren't we?

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2012, 02:00:17 PM »

Back a bit early aren't we?

Man Utd are back in today also.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2012, 02:02:45 PM »
Earlier the better as with a new manager he'll need as much time as possible to evaluate the players before finalising his transfer plans.

I'd imagine our players that were at the Euros (just Given and Dunne?) aren't back in today.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2012, 02:12:11 PM »
first pre-season game in 9 days so they need to get in there and meet the players and set the expectations. The players will be excited that TSM isn't greeting them and making them do 50 sit ups for crossing into the opposition half. There's a great picture on the OS of Lambert watching Benty run past. I'm sure he's thinking that if he can get the ball to Bent a few times a game that it will be many more games won than lost. Then again, he could be looking in another direction and see Hutton, Warnock and Collins and be thinking "fuck me, what am I going to do with those buffoons?"

Offline villastikz

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2012, 02:15:45 PM »
first pre-season game in 9 days so they need to get in there and meet the players and set the expectations. The players will be excited that TSM isn't greeting them and making them do 50 sit ups for crossing into the opposition half. There's a great picture on the OS of Lambert watching Benty run past. I'm sure he's thinking that if he can get the ball to Bent a few times a game that it will be many more games won than lost. Then again, he could be looking in another direction and see Hutton, Warnock and Collins and be thinking "fuck me, what am I going to do with those buffoons?"

Picture 7 looks like he is looking at the defense thinking "fuck your shit"

Offline Summers

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2012, 02:37:36 PM »
Shame that our training gear isn't Claret. All that blue trimming would be nicer claret.

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2012, 02:55:57 PM »
What are those strange harnesses some players are wearing?

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2012, 02:56:51 PM »
When you think about it, and look at how shit we were last season, Lambert has got a right job and a half on his hands.

So little time to get his ideas across to the players. I just hope they take on board what he's saying, and if they don't, then they're shipped out as soon as possible.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2012, 02:57:29 PM »
What are those strange harnesses some players are wearing?

Look like dogs harnesses.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2012, 03:38:03 PM »
For some reason I read this and had a flashback of a picture of Sir Brian Little standing together with Allan Evans and John Gregory. Everything about this off season has filled me with hope and optimism.
Or Sir Graham, Steve Harrison, and John Ward

Wasn't it Sir Graham, Steve Harrison and Dennis Booth originally, then John Ward replaced SH when he returned to Watford as manager? Obviously anyone who's party piece to relax the players is putting a paper cup on the floor and then curling one out into it whilst standing on a hotel bed is a big loss. Although the FA weren't impressed when he was SGT's England coach and sacked him for it. Nice trivia question, which England number two got sacked for publically doing one.

I was telling that tale in the pub a couple of weeks ago, much to the wide eyed amusement of two Albion pratts. Although my memory is none to clever. I thought it was from the top of a cupboard into pint glass, but it's just details isn't it?

I'm pretty sure it was from the bed, but on reflection (and admittedly it isn't a great mental picture to conjure up) a pint glass would seem to be the more logical receptacle for the purposes of successfully completing the manouvere.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal