collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

Morgan Sanson by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 02:54:45 PM]

Burnley vs Aston Villa pre match thread - Wednesday, Jan 27th - 6pm by Bobby Boy
[Today at 02:52:37 PM]

Best Finisher? by Dick Edwards
[Today at 02:45:36 PM]

Offside by Risso
[Today at 02:23:14 PM]

January Transfer Window by dave.woodhall
[Today at 02:22:50 PM]

Rank the players - season so far by ktvillan
[Today at 02:16:57 PM]

Ollie Watkins (Confirmed) by Drummond
[Today at 02:16:28 PM]

How "Green" are Aston Villa (Spoiler Alert - not very) by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:55:14 PM]

January 22, 2021, 05:36:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 525 | Comments: 12

"Bliss was it in that dawn ...
January 18, 2021, 09:08:53 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 732 | Comments: 5

The Villa have been playing ca...
January 17, 2021, 06:10:15 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1186 | Comments: 15

Jimmy Rimmer, Nigel Spink and ...
January 13, 2021, 02:59:00 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1011 | Comments: 9

There have been some fairly ug...
January 08, 2021, 02:00:55 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1081 | Comments: 0

As a one time moderately succe...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving  (Read 3817216 times)

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
Re: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving
« Reply #25125 on: January 25, 2021, 09:05:46 PM »
Birmingham City v Grimsby Town, 02 May 1987

Score   1-0 to Birmingham City
Competition   League Division Two
Venue   St Andrew's
Attendance   4,457
Oh

This must be a fake stat. It’s highly implausible that they’d beat Grimsby.

Highest ever league position:

Grimsby Town 5th
Birmingham City 6th

Online nigel

« Reply #25126 on: January 25, 2021, 09:32:53 PM »
I remember thousands  of Sunderland fans being locked out  of that game. It is the only time i have ever felt sorry for away fans  I was in the ground at 1 40 and it was pretty full then

I got there really early, before gates opened, with my sister. We were sat outside the Holte End when thousands of Sunderland fans came down Trinity Rd. It seemed an endless stream of them, so 10,000 seems a decent estimate.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #25127 on: January 25, 2021, 10:04:24 PM »

https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/950-the-five-minute/2210-birmingham-city

Whilst trying to search for season ticket sales I came across this, full of the usual drivel they spout off

There’s no way they all live within a narrow radius of the ground. And even if all our support was in the suburbs it’s still the suburbs of Birmingham. I used to get this magazine, the following month a Villa fan wrote in response to the article saying it was complete bollocks and  a relatively new myth about season ticket sales and attendances.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 17.01.2020
« Reply #25128 on: Today at 07:27:04 AM »
So the dirty bastard that goes by the name of Keiftenbeld has left Small Heath  for Millwall  I will always remember him for one thing ,every game  we played them he had one aim, try and cripple our Jack ,  He has gone from a club supported  byl thugs to a club famous for thugs, so he will feel at home

In the 2018-19 season, both times we played Blues he crunched into the back of Grealish in the opening minute. Dirty sod, but had clearly been told to try to cripple Grealish early on.

Online algy

« Reply #25129 on: Today at 08:19:24 AM »
“I agree that we all have great mates who are villa fans but I also let them know that I fecking hate their football team.
The other issue I have is that a big part of their fan base comes from outside the city mainly because of when they won the European Cup.
David Cameron, Prince William et al - sums them up“

The usual bollox. A big part of our fan base? We still have more in Brum by miles but being a more successful team we are bound to attract more more far and wide. We do have Brummie celebrity supporters other than those two mentioned but the Noses never seem to mention them. You only have to look at their thread about weather to see they have support from places way outside the city.

So a big part of our fan base comes from out of the city mainly because we won the European Cup. I don't recall the Holte End suddenly heaving with more fans and lots of strange faces after May 1982.

To be fair, I was born a few days before the European Cup final - that was the first game I saw (on telly).  And we lived in Chasetown at the time, so I'm definitely from the Shires n all.

Online The Edge

• GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #25130 on: Today at 08:22:28 AM »

Whilst trying to search for season ticket sales I came across this, full of the usual drivel they spout off

There’s no way they all live within a narrow radius of the ground. And even if all our support was in the suburbs it’s still the suburbs of Birmingham. I used to get this magazine, the following month a Villa fan wrote in response to the article saying it was complete bollocks and  a relatively new myth about season ticket sales and attendances.
Small Heath is a club with a rich history of peddling bullshit myths, fantasies and downright lies. I suppose when you follow a club lacking actual genuine history it makes sense to make some up. Bless.
Anyway that's enough time given to these no-marks. Back to the real deal now. Just how far can Birmingham's finest go under the current regime?
« Last Edit: Today at 08:37:59 AM by The Edge »

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25131 on: Today at 09:20:22 AM »
The class divide thing really makes me laugh as does the more fans from brum myth.  They have a higher % of their fans from Brum I accept but not more in terms of numbers.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #25132 on: Today at 11:02:39 AM »
Birmingham City v Grimsby Town, 02 May 1987

Score   1-0 to Birmingham City
Competition   League Division Two
Venue   St Andrew's
Attendance   4,457
Oh

This must be a fake stat. It’s highly implausible that they’d beat Grimsby.

Highest ever league position:

Grimsby Town 5th
Birmingham City 6th

Lol.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #25133 on: Today at 12:01:14 PM »

That made me laugh. The list of "Milestones and millstones". All that was listed between 1970 and 1979 was -
1970 Trevor Francis makes his debut, 1979 Trevor Francis is sold for £1,000,000.  ;D

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25134 on: Today at 12:20:28 PM »

That made me laugh. The list of "Milestones and millstones". All that was listed between 1970 and 1979 was -
1970 Trevor Francis makes his debut, 1979 Trevor Francis is sold for £1,000,000.  ;D

Fondly remembered - Paul Tait lol.  Surprised he didn't go for Christophe (30 games) Dugarry.  I suppose now it'll be Jude (41 games) Bellingham.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal