collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

January 22, 2021, 05:36:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 525 | Comments: 12

"Bliss was it in that dawn ...
January 18, 2021, 09:08:53 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 732 | Comments: 5

The Villa have been playing ca...
January 17, 2021, 06:10:15 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1186 | Comments: 15

Jimmy Rimmer, Nigel Spink and ...
January 13, 2021, 02:59:00 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1011 | Comments: 9

There have been some fairly ug...
January 08, 2021, 02:00:55 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1081 | Comments: 0

As a one time moderately succe...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: (We're lucky to be allowed in the same division as) Wolves  (Read 115512 times)

Offline Deano's Mullet

Re: (We're lucky to be allowed in the same division as) Wolves
« Reply #1065 on: January 24, 2021, 02:45:12 PM »
I love the “our best season ever “ remark. I mean that’s just pig ignorance.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1066 on: January 24, 2021, 06:28:42 PM »
They actually do believe this stuff they’re writing. 

We have superior players to Villa but do not get the most out of them due to the style, system.
Today at 8:48 AM
#10,810
W
WS10Wolf
MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
We’re not a poor team, we’re having a poor season.

By the same token, Villa are not a very good team, they’re just having a very good season.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1067 on: January 24, 2021, 06:50:18 PM »
It's always odd how some semi-literate from Bilston (or Smethwick, or Bordesley) can see what every referee in the league can't.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #1068 on: January 24, 2021, 07:50:59 PM »
Them dogheads must be getting really worried, that gap is getting bigger by the week

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1069 on: January 24, 2021, 07:55:05 PM »
It's always odd how some semi-literate from Bilston (or Smethwick, or Bordesley) can see what every referee in the league can't.

Because it's a conspiracy and the refs favor the big clubs, but were not a big club, but they favor us anyway.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 17.02.2021
« Reply #1070 on: January 24, 2021, 07:56:33 PM »
I've travelled down from the NW on the train reasonably frequently over the past 10 years and its quite funny when my Crewe to Brum train stops at Stafford and Penkridge as 10 years ago you could count the fuckers on one hand whereas the last 3 or 4 seasons its rammed. As someone else said they'll soon go back to watching Liverpool and United/City on the box.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #1071 on: January 24, 2021, 09:47:16 PM »
The best thing about that site is that it illustrates exactly why Villa will always be ahead of all of our local ‘rivals’. Rather than objectively looking at our respective teams and admitting that they have fallen behind us, it’s all Villa am shit, we’m had an injury crisis, Grealish is a diver bollocks. One of them honestly thinks Konsa is a Championship level player and man for man every single one of their players is better.

The injury crisis is a brilliant one, plenty of them think they are only below us because they’ve had 5 first choice players out all season. The players are Jimenez who played their first 14 games, Traore has only really missed games when dropped, Neto who has played most of their games this season and two others I haven’t heard of and are barely squad players. They also think we would be stuffed without Watkins, which may be true, but also conveniently ignores the fact we have had a £25 million striker injured for the last 12 months, as well as Barkley missing 8 weeks.

Coming back to the original point though, what their paranoid bollocks shows me is that they will never rival us in the long-term. There is lots wrong at Wolves this year, and although they are not one of the worst teams in the league, neither are they half as good as a lot of them think they are.

What’s happening at the moment isn’t a temporary blip, it’s illustrative of what they are - a lower mid-table Premier League team who have a couple of better class players. As happened with Jota though, those players will get moved on when it suits Uncle Jorge who has way too much say over recruitment. But instead of asking questions of how and why Villa have overtaken them so quickly, all you get is insults, denial and delusion.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1072 on: January 24, 2021, 11:15:33 PM »
One person I do genuinely have sympathy for is Nuno.  Apparently he hasn’t seen his family in person for 18 months.  Which might explain his general apathy and tiredness this season.  That and having to live in New Invention constantly and without a family.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1073 on: January 25, 2021, 04:28:16 AM »
I can't remember whether I've posted this already, so apologies if I have. Their hatred for us isn't new. In the towns of Staffordshire and Shropshire where they live, there are just as many Villa supporters. I'm from (near) Telford, which was possibly more Villa than Wolves when I was a lad (though probably isn't now, as they were in the 4th division at the time). They've always been bitter, it's just that they now think that they're "back".

Online LukeJames

« Reply #1074 on: January 25, 2021, 08:54:38 AM »
They need to start showing some respect, we were there biggest pay day and the only time they saw a proper crowd all season when we used to rock up for the annual friendly.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1075 on: January 25, 2021, 03:18:50 PM »
Continual cheating, says a supporter of the only team to have received multiple yellow cards this season for blatant diving.

Conor Coady blatantly cheating against his boyhood club Liverpool was just embarrassing.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #1076 on: January 25, 2021, 03:31:07 PM »
I can't remember whether I've posted this already, so apologies if I have. Their hatred for us isn't new. In the towns of Staffordshire and Shropshire where they live, there are just as many Villa supporters. I'm from (near) Telford, which was possibly more Villa than Wolves when I was a lad (though probably isn't now, as they were in the 4th division at the time). They've always been bitter, it's just that they now think that they're "back".
still loads of Villa in Telford but obviously the number of dog heads that suddenly remembered they are lifelong wolves fans has shot up in the past 3 years. They will disappear just as quickly and it will soon be 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' and urinal shirts everywhere again. Villas support remains strong in these parts though and I have converted many who knew nothing of football to follow the cause. My missionary work is nearly completed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal