collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by johnc
[Today at 10:22:47 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by johnc
[Today at 10:19:28 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:13:48 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 10:04:08 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:55:30 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:53:19 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 09:47:38 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are we the most disliked premier league club this season?  (Read 15836 times)

Offline arnie66

Re: Are we the most disliked premier league club this season?
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2012, 10:10:12 AM »
Everyone I know, everyone I work with and all my family are desperate for us to survive....as they are all completely pissed off with my depression, constant mood swings and general apathy......seems to have started around August !!

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2012, 10:20:54 AM »
My friends don't want us to go down because they have seen what we've been subjected to this season and know we're better than that as a club. They also know it'll put me in a bad mood and they can't bear the thoughts of me moaning and whining any more than I already do.

I have been in a really foul mood for the whole of the last seven days thanks to the Villa. It's very difficult to snap out of it and my family can't understand why I have been so grizzly and snappy all week. I went to a management meeting on Wednesday after the Bolton result and barely said a word..

I definitely understand that though I haven't let it show at work. My boss is an Arsenal fan and in fairness to him he has become as concerned about villa's plight as he has with his own team. He's definitely willing us to stay up (though it's only because of me). He really dislikes our manager, mostly because of the way they beat them in the League Cup, but also because of what he turned us into.  Went for drinks with a really knowledgeable United fan last night and we spent an hour talking about villa. He thought the kids look impressive but feels Villa have lost their identity over the past two years and have the look of a club that's just 'too nice and inoffensive'. He said we're above having to be celebrating  PL survival two seasons in a row. His gut tells him we'll stay up and that City will win the League.  I told him my head and heart say one thing about villa going down but that my gut is giving me a different answer.

Online Steve kirk

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2012, 10:24:00 AM »
I keep getting sympathy off Wolves fans at work, its fucking odd.
Ive been getting sympathy from a Wolves work mate, he says this shouldent happen to a club like Villa, he also wants us to stay up for a different reason, he wants the championship as weak as possible and thinks if we went down we would pull ourselves together and come straight back therefore making it more difficult for Wolves to return.   

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2012, 10:34:17 AM »
Since when have we given a shit about what supporters of other clubs think?

Maybe not directly but it does has some connotations. A few years ago we were the darlings of football because we seemed to be doing everything right and wow how things have changed!

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2012, 10:54:37 AM »
No. Liverpool are.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2012, 10:57:45 AM »
It's at times like this I remember the words of the late, lamented Acker. "There's 92 league clubs. An' I 'ate 91 of 'em."
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 11:25:05 AM by dave.woodhall »

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2012, 11:00:40 AM »
From a playing point of view i'd say we are,but overall with their managers carry on,wearing those fucking t shirts,and the buck tooth rodent racist,its got to be Liverpool.

Offline Gaztonniller

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2012, 11:24:09 AM »
Not long got back from a work related course in Manchester which was boring as feck but woke me up to something.

Most supporters of other clubs (Premier League & lower) would love to see us get relegated this season. We have become that team that other supporters hate to watch live or on TV because we are so boring and the team they would all love to see drop out of the prem.

There was about 30 of us on this course, 2 of us were Villa and the rest supported teams ranging from ManUre and Arsenal to the likes of Stockport and there was even a lad who supported Weymouth.

The guy who supported Stockport said that we where by far the worst team he had seen this season and that he had watched teams play better football in the conference, he was actually a decent bloke and knew what he was on about. 

The general feeling was that teams like Wigan, Blackburn and even Bolton deserve to stay up ahead of us because they play better football and have a go even against the big teams, apart from Bolton who I think have been poor this season, I found it hard to argue against what they where saying

Its just sad to see that this season we have joined the likes of the blues, west ham and Newcastle as that team people love to hate.

Cant agree with that. Most fans would be neutral as there isnt that arrogance associated with clubs being situated in the capital, or the arrogance that comes from having being at the top and successful like clubs such as Lpool, Man U.  If there was a sustained history of success, with arrogant fans, then i could see other fans loving to see the club relegated .

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2012, 11:45:41 AM »

yeah I do too.  ' why did Aston Villa have him as  manager , I feel for you brother '

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2012, 05:12:34 PM »
Wednesday morning I had heart-felt condolences from a Wolves fan and a very gentle piss-take from another. An Olbiun fan smirked and then backed off rapidly when they realised I had actually been to a match (unlike them). A Manure fan (ex-ST at OT) from Chasetown mailed me to ask if I was OK as most of the Villa fans by him were suicidal.

A few fans are delighting in the downfall of the biggest club in the Midlands but most say they are terrified it could happen to them!

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2012, 05:15:03 PM »
It's at times like this I remember the words of the late, lamented Acker. "There's 92 league clubs. An' I 'ate 91 of 'em."

Love it.

When asked who my second team is I say Villa Reserves followed by Villa Ladies.
I'm a Villa fan and I don't watch anyone else.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2012, 05:59:47 PM »
I think Villa have become one of those clubs that people truly don't give a toss about although I know from various Newcastle supporting friends that they would take great delight in seeing Villa drop after the delight we took in sending them down.

Can't really blame them, to be honest. What goes around comes around.

The time to worry is when you go down and nobody pays any attention.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2012, 07:08:46 PM »
Ive been getting sympathy from a Wolves work mate, he says this shouldent happen to a club like Villa, he also wants us to stay up for a different reason, he wants the championship as weak as possible and thinks if we went down we would pull ourselves together and come straight back therefore making it more difficult for Wolves to return.   

My Wolves supporting colleague wants us to stay up. If we are relegated he is worried we'd sack McDuff and he'd end up at their place

Offline villanois

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2012, 07:57:24 PM »
As a 12 yr old visited Ackers house for the first time, sat on the couch while his son got ready. In walked Acker with words I'll never forget "you ay a f#%$^&g Blues fan are ya ? cos there ay no f#$%^^g blue scum allowed inside. Told him I was Villa and he replied welcome and smiled

Offline Fernando Partridge

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2012, 10:13:32 PM »
Don't let these people discourage you amigo!
Hated for being 1 of 7 premier league founder members. And founder membere of football league maybe??
Nahh I'd say we re no way hated fans save that for teams of success or buy success or stoke and liverpool hah:
Man U Liverpool Cheslea Stoke City and Man city are the main offenders of hate for other premier teams.
Liverpool this season have been particularly despised when u hear opposing fans talk about them.
Similarly chelsea - way both clubs are run and their fans  make them hated.
Man city if they start winning everythings and believing they shud win things will be hated as much as man u/liverpool. That poznan celebration already been mocked.
I would think other fans dont give much of a thought to villa these days -which is a shame.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal