collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Official Website by martin o`who??
[Today at 01:00:39 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:00:37 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by SoccerHQ
[Today at 12:58:34 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:53:01 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 12:48:28 PM]

Re: VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:48:11 PM]

Re: Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 12:45:14 PM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:43:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa fans' group in call to join protest against Alex Mcleish  (Read 38864 times)

Offline 5ft811st2 Durham

• Durham
Re: Aston Villa fans' group in call to join protest against Alex Mcleish
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2012, 04:54:11 PM »
Completely pointless. The protests need to be aimed directly at Lerner, a man who for reasons only known to himself has decided to inflict on us supporters 2 seasons of abject mediocrity and given no reason for us to believe that the future under him will see any improvement.

This club represents England's second city and as such deserves better.

???

Aston Villa represents Aston Villa.

What I mean is that we are the biggest club in the second city and as such our inability to compete with the biggest clubs in London, Manchester and Liverpool  is pathetic.

Football has done a huge amount for the prestige and profile of Liverpool and Manchester due to the success of their clubs.

We should be doing the same for Birmingham, but it's certainly not going to happen under Lerner's ownership. 

Offline russon

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2012, 05:43:29 PM »
Tony Cascarino has warned Aston Villa they are facing a fans’ revolt.

They’re waiting for something to happen but the club is in limbo at the moment— Tony Cascarino

Bit rich coming from Cantscorino. He had his chance to make something happen at the club but couldn't hit a barn door from four foot the usless oaf.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2012, 05:55:28 PM »
I don't think there's a great deal wrong with what Cascarino has said, even if he can't say Birmingham properly.

Here's another point of view.

http://www.teamtalk.com/blog/16129/7633213/Vulnerable-Villa-paying-an-Eck-of-a-lot

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2012, 06:07:38 PM »
Tony Cascarino has warned Aston Villa they are facing a fans’ revolt.

They’re waiting for something to happen but the club is in limbo at the moment— Tony Cascarino

Bit rich coming from Cantscorino. He had his chance to make something happen at the club but couldn't hit a barn door from four foot the usless oaf.

From his own mouth he admits that most of his time with us was spent in late night card games and getting pissed.

Utterly shit footballer.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2012, 06:16:13 PM »
 Slaven Bilic 400,000 a year as Croatia manager..    quarter of the price of McLeish

Online caster troy

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2012, 06:25:53 PM »
I'll be protesting on Saturday because I want to voice my discontent. Then yes, I'll go into the match, because I renewed my season ticket in the summer before we appointed McLeish and the nightmare began. I've paid my money so I may as well sit through it. Then if he isn't sacked in May I will stop going and that will be my new form of protest.

It's not just because we are bad, I've renewed in years gone by when things haven't been great at Villa Park. It's now a matter of principle because the owner is stubbornly ploughing on despite it being abundantly clear (to me anyway) that McLeish was a catastrophic appointment. If they think this season is acceptable I have to opt out until they see sense.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2012, 07:04:20 PM »
Slaven Bilic 400,000 a year as Croatia manager..    quarter of the price of McLeish
I think we all know that McLeish is being paid far more than his talents deserve, but has Bilic done anything that warrants us being particularly impressed by him?

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2012, 07:08:34 PM »
I think we all know that McLeish is being paid far more than his talents deserve, but has Bilic done anything that warrants us being particularly impressed by him?

i know you cant judge him on a bit of punditry, but he always came over poorly whenever he was on TV,
 he found it difficult to comunicate his thoughts, which i would imagine is quite important as a prem league manager

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2012, 07:08:52 PM »

He looks pretty cool, and very, very hard. He would do better than Eck I am pretty sure.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2012, 07:10:33 PM »

Well he's obviously got no league record, but qualifying for two out of three major international tournaments with Croatia isn't a bad achievement.  Not that I'm arguing that he's "all that", but I'd still rather see him as manager than McLeish, who is just woeful.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2012, 07:15:02 PM »

Well he's obviously got no league record, but qualifying for two out of three major international tournaments with Croatia isn't a bad achievement.  Not that I'm arguing that he's "all that", but I'd still rather see him as manager than McLeish, who is just woeful.

i dont think we can start using the 'he'd do better than Mcliesh' as the standard or we really would be widening the net pretty wide

Offline JUAN PABLO

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2012, 07:45:47 PM »

cant be any worse

Offline JUAN PABLO

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2012, 07:46:56 PM »

i know you cant judge him on a bit of punditry, but he always came over poorly whenever he was on TV,
 he found it difficult to comunicate his thoughts, which i would imagine is quite important as a prem league manager

are you talking about McLeish John ;)

Offline VillaBobby

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2012, 07:49:16 PM »
When a couple of thousand turned up in the preseason before the manager was appointed the club didn't listen.

About 50 turning up outside a turnstile at peak time for entry and meeting back their after at peak exit time will certainly stir the club into action.

I think the protest fella has gone like that Fear fella who an a site.

Media whores now who give their opinions and talk as though they talk for us all and if you say other wise they try to criticise.

Offline JUAN PABLO

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2012, 07:50:18 PM »
Im just saying people on here are always saying  , who would replace him .  Im not saying Bilic but there are a lot of good managers out there who would have cost half .quarter or fifth of the money . I cant believe we are paying £2 million .

anyone AVB would get my vote

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal