collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Arsenal v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 53259 times)

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 04:59:33 PM »
One-off performances aren't unforgiveable  but looking beaten before you kick-off is.

McLeish is going nowhere so a case, I'm afraid, of muddling through until the summer and replacing some of the senior players who look far too comfortable just to pick up a salary with hungry players who want to play for Aston Villa.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 05:00:08 PM »
Did he not learn from the home game? We tried to win that game and, even though we lost, the fans can accept that. This was pathetic.

Online dean saunders left boot

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 05:00:29 PM »
Just fed up now, fed up of the club becoming a laughing stock, fed up of knowing the result before it happens, fed up of not being excited about watching the club I love play, I want my Aston Villa back, the team I loved going to Villa Park to watch, the team I knew were going to go out and give there all, because like me they lived for the club.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 05:00:36 PM »
Others are getting some momentum. We could end up in the shit yet.

Robbie Savage made a good case a while back in his prediction that Villa will be the surprise relegation, I thought at the time he made a good point, regardless of who he's played for, and I still think the same, Villa are playing the worst football in the division, we are truly playing like a relegation side.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 05:00:59 PM »
Others are getting some momentum. We could end up in the shit yet.

Correct - it ain't over yet.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 05:01:35 PM »
At least the bloke reading the scores on Final Score gave the result as 3-1. He must have felt sorry for us. But why does he read them like it's a reality show. Sounds like he's straining for a dump everytime he says the score. 

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 05:01:44 PM »
well might as well make a poignant statement being as this is my 1000 post....Fuck off McLeish

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 05:01:54 PM »
Calm down. What we're we realistically expecting. Win the targeted games. That is our lot now.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 05:02:13 PM »
  Much as i'm not a McL fan, you can't blame him for Gabby being shite, Petrov trult woeful, and Albrighton frightened.

Gabby needs to go for me.I can't remember the last time he played well tbh, and he certainly does'nt put a shift in.

Only positives for me were Ireland, Collins, Carlos apart from the goal was ok.Gardener and Weimann put some effort in when they came on, but we don't keep the ball well enough, and have too many lazy players.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 05:02:22 PM »
Did he not learn from the home game? We tried to win that game and, even though we lost, the fans can accept that. This was pathetic.

Every time this season he has had something, no matter how tenuous, but something to build on, he has fucked it up.

That comment about picking Heskey every time we play someone in the top ten is absolutely spot on, too.

The guy is a coward, and totally not up to the job, I'm afraid. Sadly, the same goes for the chairman, so we are stuck with it.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 05:02:32 PM »
I understand Heskey started today.

How well did he play? He is ace.

Offline Summers

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 05:03:09 PM »
  Much as i'm not a McL fan, you can't blame him for Gabby being shite, Petrov trult woeful, and Albrighton frightened.

Gabby needs to go for me.I can't remember the last time he played well tbh, and he certainly does'nt put a shift in.

Only positives for me were Ireland, Collins, Carlos apart from the goal was ok.Gardener and Weimann put some effort in when they came on, but we don't keep the ball well enough, and have too many lazy players.

I blame McLeish for the tactics and the football.

Both are fucking abysmal.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 05:03:27 PM »
At least the bloke reading the scores on Final Score gave the result as 3-1. He must have felt sorry for us. But why does he read them like it's a reality show. Sounds like he's straining for a dump everytime he says the score.

His misses told me he's suffering from piles.

Offline tarzansbrother

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 05:04:03 PM »
If relegation gets rid of this ginger vermin then so be it. The club is a laughing stock top to bottom.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 05:04:05 PM »

Every time this season he has had something, no matter how tenuous, but something to build on, he has fucked it up.

That comment about picking Heskey every time we play someone in the top ten is absolutely spot on, too.

The guy is a coward, and totally not up to the job, I'm afraid. Sadly, the same goes for the chairman, so we are stuck with it.

Yep he shoots himself in the face all the time. Heskey, fucking Heskey. Our board and manager are about as incompetent as it gets.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal