collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:42:02 PM]

FFP by Nev
[Today at 05:39:45 PM]

Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 05:29:05 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 05:28:11 PM]

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:27:35 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by astonvilla82
[Today at 05:25:54 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:25:04 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by ChicagoLion
[Today at 05:22:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steven Davis to return  (Read 22542 times)

Offline villanic

Re: Steven Davis to return
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2012, 05:38:01 PM »
I read today that Steven Davis is thought to be on 28k a week at Rangers.

That is surely a gigantic salary for Scotland, and explains a lot about how they've ended up in this mess?

When Lee McCulloch is on 20k a week at Rangers, Davis being on 28k doesn't look as bad.

I do agree with you though that these wages seem a lot for SPL, No wonder they are in serious trouble.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2012, 12:44:13 PM »
Looks like he will have to take the 75% pay cut, initially the squad decided to act together but overnight certain players have decided to take the cut, obviously this leaves Davis and a few others in a situation where if the act in their own interests they'll get lambasted from all quarters.

Am trying to find out what changed the minds of Mcgregor and Naismith which basically forced the other players hands.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2012, 12:59:10 PM »
be alright for west brom I reckon

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2012, 01:22:14 PM »
McLeish says he wouldn't feel comfortable going back to Rangers for players, and that Wylde's people gave been in touch but we haven't taken it any further.

If there was someone he wanted, and could afford, but he opted not to get them out of kindness to Rangers, that's worrying.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2012, 02:19:37 PM »
Friday is the day that an announcement will be made at Rangers, my source is adamant the Davis wont be at Ibrox next week. Mcleish is said to be interested and Davis would jump at the chance.

Also told that If Rangers don't find a buyer in next 6 to 8 weeks they wont be able to fulfil rest of seasons fixtures.

When is he signing then mate.............

Offline luke25

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2012, 02:25:40 PM »
I read today that Steven Davis is thought to be on 28k a week at Rangers.

That is surely a gigantic salary for Scotland, and explains a lot about how they've ended up in this mess?

Ridiculous.

I'm not keen anyway, but I wouldn't give him that wage here.

28k per week in the premiership is peanuts - he's worth that when others are on twice that amount at Villa Park
No chance, 28k for a squad player is daft money, I'd rather stick one of the kids on the bench instead.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2012, 07:50:29 PM »
McLeish says he wouldn't feel comfortable going back to Rangers for players, and that Wylde's people gave been in touch but we haven't taken it any further.

If there was someone he wanted, and could afford, but he opted not to get them out of kindness to Rangers, that's worrying.

Don't forget we are a nice club as we won't have nasty managers anymore or force managers to do the dirty on their old clubs after what MON did to us. ( Don't mention trying to get AMc to hand in his notice and then happen to join us coincidentally after the chairman happened to be holidaying on the same island as him).

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2012, 08:04:33 PM »
It's the Villa way.  Barf.

Offline Shoody

« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2012, 09:09:11 PM »
Davis wouldnt be a squad player though.. thats the problem

Offline littlevillain

« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2012, 10:12:42 PM »
When he left us he hardly got in the fulham team then became a "God" in the pub league. So for me we need players who can hack it in the premier league or forget it, mediocre at best i'm afraid.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2012, 11:42:47 PM »
When he left us he hardly got in the fulham team then became a "God" in the pub league. So for me we need players who can hack it in the premier league or forget it, mediocre at best i'm afraid.

He hacked it in the premier league or was voted that way by our own fans. I'm not saying he's the greatest midfielder since Milner but if he came on a free he's got to be at least useful FFS. Have you seen our midfield? and lets be honest pre-extreme age petrov spent his career before joining us in "a pub league"

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2012, 11:58:44 PM »
I don't know what people expect the club to do. A player's available, proven Premier League quality, stacks of first team experience and available for no fee, right now, to add to a squad that's crying out for fresh blood.

On second thoughts, it's a crap idea to do something positive. Let's not bother, eh?

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2012, 03:05:37 AM »
It's debatable that he is ''proven'' in the Premier League. He left us when we were a mid-table side cos he couldn't get games and he left Fulham, a mid-table side when he couldn't get games.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2012, 11:14:07 AM »
The only thing he is proven to be is very average. Even in this struggling side, I don't see how he fits in.
Especially as there are youngsters with far more potential after the place he would have.

And 28k a week may be low by PL standards but its still a lot of money.
After a year of Steven Davis it's over a million pounds for instance. A ridiculous waste of resources and the kind of shit business that has put us in this mess.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2012, 11:34:02 AM »
It's debatable that he is ''proven'' in the Premier League. He left us when we were a mid-table side cos he couldn't get games and he left Fulham, a mid-table side when he couldn't get games.

I think now that he's had time getting regular first team football, while captaining a side to trophies and the like should have molded him into a good player by now. I'd have no problem with him joining us, to give us a bit more of a creative outlet when Ireland decides not to show up, as he so frequently does.

This is what I remember him for.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal