collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 12:10:34 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by LeeB
[Today at 12:07:50 PM]

Diego Carlos by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:07:28 PM]

Champions League Contention by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 12:04:52 PM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 12:03:25 PM]

Robin Olsen by Neil Hawkes
[Today at 11:57:36 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:43:43 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Mister E
[Today at 11:34:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Rangers cast off?  (Read 15073 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Rangers cast off?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 02:25:25 PM »
I can't think of any who will be made available who I'd want. I wouldn't even want Davis if he was free and he won't be.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 02:25:53 PM »
So how exactly did Fulham sign Diarra last week if out of contract players can only sign during a window?

When a player has been released from their contract, can they immediately move to another club?
It's not as straightforward as finding another club and simply signing for them.
Fifa has the final say on the matter and has made dispensation in the past for players who have been made redundant through no fault of their own.
Players who have been made redundant are usually treated as having been unemployed during the previous transfer window.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 02:28:49 PM »
Davis is no better than (and in my opinion, not as good as) any of our better midfield kids (Johnson, Carruthers, Gardner, Herd, Clark etc..) so I don't see the point in having him back.

We should have got Diarra though. That wasn't very clever.
He's exactly what we need at the moment.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 02:30:18 PM »
Davis is no better than (and in my opinion, not as good as) any of our better midfield kids (Johnson, Carruthers, Gardner, Herd, Clark etc..) so I don't see the point in having him back.

We should have got Diarra though. That wasn't very clever.
He's exactly what we need at the moment.

I suspect he must be on @ least £40,000 pw which is out of our league I reckon

Offline achilles

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 02:31:28 PM »

Rangers won't send Davis out on a free. He is their one saleable asset and has something like a five year contract.

Rangers won't have any say in the matter, the administrators will make the decisions, although on the face of it, it would seem silly!

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 02:39:21 PM »
Isn’t  Gregg Wylde supposed to be a decent young player? I’ve not seen to much of Rangers this season but have heard his name mentioned.
Just been announced that Wylde and one other have taken voluntary redundancy.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 02:43:09 PM »
Me neither. I used to sit next to DW and point out the flaws in his game, count the number of times he gave the ball away etc. He was well over-rated.

And he looks like Chesney from Coronation Street (Davis, not Dave W, he looks more like Schmeichel from Coronation Street).

Dave W looks like Alex Salmond, the SNP oil chaser.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 02:45:59 PM »
beggars can't be choosers. If we could get Davis on a free it would at least offer us another option in midfield which is a major problem currently.

That sort of deal makes sense if they given 6 month contract (with maybe an option for the club) but most players will demand a 3-year deal, which represents a lot of money over the entire contract.  I'd prefer to save the wages for the type of player we need rather than filling the squad with "options" but could ultimately restrict our transfer targets later on.

In this particular instance I'd prefer Bannan to get the chances to shine rather than Davis, as I think they're similar types of players.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:48:08 PM by Dante Lavelli »

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 02:47:27 PM »
I can see no point in having Davis back, as said above, highly over rated.

I can't see that he would have improved in his time in that tinpot Scottish league.

Offline nigel

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »
I think many are missing the point.
If we're going to get rid of 6 or 7 players in the summer we have to replace them, and build up the squad, so we should be looking to be bringing in around 10 players if we lose 6 or 7.
We already know we can't compete for the big names, so, we have to look at the rest and hope we unearth a diamond or two.
Davis would be a good addition to the squad, as would Wylde.
I actually thought Davis was pretty good. He was young and, yes, he made mistakes, by all accounts his overall game has improved.

Offline wills1108

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 03:27:26 PM »
doesn't matter if they are ' saleable assets '  the administrators need to save a million notes a week NOW, the high earners are at risk

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 03:40:40 PM »
No thanks to Davis, he was one of the best of a bad bunch in the dolly side but not now

Online SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 04:07:43 PM »
Only seen him on TV but I thought Wyled looked pretty useful, quick left sided player.

He's still young, might be worthwhile getting him in before we lose those we expect to lose in the summer. Young and I wouldn't have thought he will make a massive dent on the pay roll.

Offline wookster

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 04:13:08 PM »
According to some reports, Rangers could be forced to ditch most of the team by the administrators and be left with a squad of youths, reserves and only 8 of the current seniors.  If AM is looking at Bosman type signings then as an exRangers man he would be interested in the goings on there.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 04:17:09 PM »
Only seen him on TV but I thought Wyled looked pretty useful, quick left sided player.

He's still young, might be worthwhile getting him in before we lose those we expect to lose in the summer. Young and I wouldn't have thought he will make a massive dent on the pay roll.

Really know nothing about the player, but this seems like a decent move.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal