collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread: Speculation, Lies, Absolute Cr*p and Bosman Rumours  (Read 2450941 times)

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
Re: Summer Transfer Thread: Speculation, Lies, Absolute Cr*p and Bosman Rumours
« Reply #11520 on: September 03, 2012, 10:29:17 PM »
"Incidentally, I know that Scott Sinclair was absolutely over the moon when Chelsea offered him a contract work £6k per week. From what I gather he's not particularly obsessed about money."

If someone wanted to offer me £6k a week to play football I'd be fairly happy too!

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #11521 on: September 03, 2012, 10:39:04 PM »
True, but my (admittedly anecdotal) evidence would suggest that he's not really someone who is knowingly setting his career back just to earn a few extra pounds.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #11522 on: September 03, 2012, 10:45:41 PM »
It's true. A step up in a career like that is almost always worth the risk.

Offline peter w

« Reply #11523 on: September 03, 2012, 10:48:33 PM »
EDIT

found a more relevant thread...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:50:33 PM by peter w »

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #11524 on: September 03, 2012, 11:07:42 PM »
Sven's just signed up to manage in Thailand. Heskey and Owen, get your passports ready.

And Vassell

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #11525 on: September 03, 2012, 11:09:40 PM »
They probably have recall clause in the contract but I cant see how Carroll would be any better in Rodgers team than he was last season, he suits much better in the style of Big Sam.

Apparently a January recall clause.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #11526 on: September 04, 2012, 02:56:37 PM »
Well this is the summary of Villa's transfer window according to Sky -

- 'Villa seemed to start off well with Karim El Ahmadi, Brett Holman and Ron Vlaar all arriving from the Dutch top-flight - but they failed to back that up, instead recruiting in the bargain basement in transfer terms of shopping in the Football League for players they hope, rather than know, will be good enough for the top-flight.' The verdict is we're 'losers'.

I love the idea that if you don't buy your players from the Premier League that is a failure and a lack of ambition, rather than a sensible long term vision. It might be a gamble, but I'd rather have that than buying guaranteed overpriced mediocrity from the Premier League. Piss off Sky.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #11527 on: September 04, 2012, 02:58:49 PM »
Hahaha, idiots. I take no judgement from people who think Jamie Redknapp is a serious football analyst.

Offline Jarpie

« Reply #11528 on: September 04, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »

- 'Villa seemed to start off well with Karim El Ahmadi, Brett Holman and Ron Vlaar all arriving from the Dutch top-flight - but they failed to back that up, instead recruiting in the bargain basement in transfer terms of shopping in the Football League for players they hope, rather than know, will be good enough for the top-flight.' The verdict is we're 'losers'.

I love the idea that if you don't buy your players from the Premier League that is a failure and a lack of ambition, rather than a sensible long term vision. It might be a gamble, but I'd rather have that than buying guaranteed overpriced mediocrity from the Premier League. Piss off Sky.

Lot of other media seems to have left commenting Villa's transfer dealings completely, instead they just list who we've bought.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #11529 on: September 04, 2012, 03:19:11 PM »
Well let's hope we make them eat their words. Merson (who I like watching) and that twat Charlie Nicholas predict we'll struggle too.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #11530 on: September 04, 2012, 03:33:54 PM »
I would like to think the days of the overpriced and overpayed mediocre players in the prem is over. About time younger, fitter and hungrier players were given the chance, so yes, PISS OF SKY. Nothing wrong with building for the future and just because we cannot buy young players to deliberately keep them away from other clubs and we will have to play them in our team shows you exactly what has gone wrong with football in my view over the last decade or so. About time that the game got itself back on some sort of even keel in this country and all the greedy arses were shown the door, most of them are not good enough for the Championship never mind the Prem and their attitudes towards their employers is disgraceful in a lot of instances.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #11531 on: September 04, 2012, 04:05:25 PM »
There is little or no imagination in pundit country anymore. I dont watch any.
Half time I switch over to something else and I'd rather boil my own face in a vat of piping hot rat's piss than listen to utter morons like Oliver Holt talk bollocks around a faux breakfast table.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #11532 on: September 04, 2012, 04:35:21 PM »
Anyone think that the Yanks at Liverpool and Randy have been having a chat and come up with the same realisation?

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #11533 on: September 04, 2012, 04:38:56 PM »

Exactly.  Isn't this kind of similar to what spurs and to a greater extent Arsenal have been doing?

Online mrastonvilla

« Reply #11534 on: September 04, 2012, 04:44:38 PM »
Anyone think that the Yanks at Liverpool and Randy have been having a chat and come up with the same realisation?

I think alot of clubs have got a similar idea to us. The exceptions seem to be those that dont have to worry to much about the pounds and pence along with QPR and Stoke who have gone out of their way to buy as many average prem type players on long contracts as they can.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal