collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

VAR by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:55:32 PM]

Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 02:52:02 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 02:51:28 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:45:11 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 02:34:47 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:32:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: VAR by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:55:32 PM]

[Today at 02:52:54 PM]

[Today at 02:52:34 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 02:52:02 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 02:51:28 PM]

Re: Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Re: VAR by Nev
[Today at 02:49:24 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:45:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Questions to Season Ticket Holders.  (Read 24823 times)

Offline Rick_avfc

Re: Questions to Season Ticket Holders.
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2012, 03:13:18 PM »
I havent received any call (yet) but I will be telling them that I will not be renewing next season for a variety of reasons but mainly because of Mcleish appointment and they way a majoirty of fans had been disrespected by Faulkner and Lerner for appointing this dimwit despite fans voicing their concerns about him via the protest outside the club, forum discussions and radio phone in's.  They were fully aware that fans didn't really want him but chose to give him the job regardless and now its coming back to haunt them.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2012, 05:33:01 PM »
I too have not had a phone call but, heyho I've only been a season ticket holder for 25 years and supported Villa by attending every home game since 1970.
If they ring me I will tell them that no, I will not be renewing my season ticket because since 1970 I have seen some shit Villa teams, some average Villa teams and some great Villa teams, but there is one thing I have always had and that is hope.
But not any more.
We're fucked, the owner and the club don't give a shit so why should I, and that's me done with Villa.
It has cost me a small fortune but it will not any more.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2012, 05:42:23 PM »
The window cleaner came round last night and wanted his money. I told him there was no way he would be cleaning my windows again while that bluenose clown McLeish was in charge.

Slammed the door in his face.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2012, 05:45:37 PM »
What is all this "they wouldn't listen to the fans nonsense"? Why would they? Its not a democracy any more. We are no longer shareholders.

I said in the summer that the appointment used up the last of the goodwill Randy had bought but, if they think he is the best man for the job, why would they listen to some carping fans?

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2012, 05:47:37 PM »
That's why I've started to think that the story about not interviewing McClaren on account of carping fans is a bit fishy.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2012, 05:48:04 PM »
They really are in for a shock come the summer regarding season ticket sales. The problem is, it will probably be the end of the summer before the penny drops.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2012, 06:03:09 PM »
If they don't listen to carping fans, they've had their chips.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2012, 08:36:29 PM »

I said in the summer that the appointment used up the last of the goodwill Randy had bought but, if they think he is the best man for the job, why would they listen to some carping fans?

Say what you mean, don't be koi.

Online Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2012, 08:56:52 PM »
I had a call in January.  Can't be bothered to type it all again but this is what I posted then:

I had a call from the Villa yesterday asking me various questions, mainly about my season ticket: was I happy with my seat; had I used any of the vouchers that came with the pack; what was the main reason for  having a season ticket; would I be renewing; and finally, had I missed any home games this season.  As it turns out, I wasn't there on Saturday.  I've since found out that they also telephoned a friend of mine (a fellow a season ticket holder) who didn't attend on Saturday so I suspect they're looking into attendances quite closely at the moment.

It was quite good to be able to put my point across to someone at the club.  I said that I was happy with my seat, I hadn't used any of the vouchers (and instead of such gimics would prefer just a cheaper ticket).  I hadn't yet decided whether to renew next season as it very much depends on performances on the pitch and also I didn't feel a season ticket represented such good value for money as it used to because of the constant discounts on individual match ticket prices.  I don't think there's been one game this season that hasn't had some sort of deal.  I also said because of this I would expect season ticket prices to be reduced for next season as they've obviously got ticket prices wrong for this season.  From a personal point of view I pointed out that ticket prices in the Lower Trinity are in my opinion wrongly priced for cup games as we're lumped in with the "posh" seats in the Middle/Upper Trinity. 

Anyway I'm not holding my breath that anything will come of it but at least they're paying attention to the gates, even if it is only from a point of that they're losing too much money from a lack of bums on seats!

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2012, 09:00:16 PM »
Stick the gimmicks. Just offer value for money.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2012, 02:39:17 PM »
We've agreed already not to renew if McLeish stays. Even if we go down I'll be back next year to support the club as long as Mcleish is gone.

This year for the first time they have to earn my loyalty by changing the manager. If I get a call about renewals that's what I'll be telling them.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2012, 04:03:10 PM »
What do you think the reaction from the media and fans would be if Villa released a statement along these lines in the summer:

"Based on our forecast season ticket sales it with regret that we have to dismiss Alex Mc from his position as manager.  Extensive surveys of ST holders revealed that sales would drop to an unsustainable level if AMc was retained as manager.  We thank him blah blah blah..."

Would the media laugh at us?
Would more fans be "guilt tripped" into buying season tickets?
Would it reflect well on the club? 

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2012, 04:11:20 PM »
What do you think the reaction from the media and fans would be if Villa released a statement along these lines in the summer:

"Based on our forecast season ticket sales it with regret that we have to dismiss Alex Mc from his position as manager.  Extensive surveys of ST holders revealed that sales would drop to an unsustainable level if AMc was retained as manager.  We thank him blah blah blah..."

Would the media laugh at us?
Would more fans be "guilt tripped" into buying season tickets?
Would it reflect well on the club? 

I couldnt give a monkeys what the media say. Its the clubs mess, they brought all this on themselves by being clueless and rudderless.  I will not be attending till he has gone and the same applies to most supporters I know. Why would they go from Houllier to Martinez to McCleish?  Just doesnt make any bloody sense and shows lack of direction and vision by the board. They can stick season tickets up their arse, as I have much more exciting things to do on my weekends that cost a fraction of the price.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2012, 04:20:14 PM »
If they stick their head in the sand and retain his services next season they will have to spend, and spend early, otherwise they will lose a lot of season ticket holders.

That's not to say that those supporters won't still attend some games but, with the lack of light at the end of the tunnel at the moment, it will hit season ticket sales hard if the supporters are not given at least some hope of jam tomorrow.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »
Manager/football/general state of the game aside, the thing that has miffed me this season is the amount of deals the club offers on tickets meaning for a ST holder like myself who is liable to miss a couple of games a season, I'd have been better off just picking and choosing my games which is what I would elect to do next season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal