collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs AFC Bournemouth Pre-Match Thread by KevinGage
[Today at 04:11:37 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 04:11:29 PM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 04:08:42 PM]

Re: How does Emi Martinez rate alongside other Villa keepers? by BC Villain
[Today at 04:06:48 PM]

Re: Leon Bailey - signed by pablo_picasso
[Today at 04:04:48 PM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by AV84
[Today at 04:04:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 04:02:03 PM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 04:01:55 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Arsenal v Aston Villa F.A. Cup 4th Round Match Thread  (Read 90985 times)

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa F.A. Cup 4th Round Match Thread
« Reply #450 on: January 29, 2012, 06:01:51 PM »
In the 43 years of supporting Villa I have never witnessed such a pair of inadequate, inept, miserable excuses for full back. How many goals have these utter and complete clowns donated to the opposition this season?

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #451 on: January 29, 2012, 06:02:17 PM »
Oh well, its only a game. We just messed up, but its been happening all season, players playing well one minute, and appalling the next. Confusing, annoying but at half time everyone thought we were the greatest!
Up The Villa, always.
And I would rather have the passion Alex was showing than the so called schoolmasterly Wenger

Online john2710

« Reply #452 on: January 29, 2012, 06:02:35 PM »
Well done lads!!

There's not another team in the country that would capitulate like that.

You can always count on Villa finding a way to fuck things up and that's been the way long before Eck turned up.

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #453 on: January 29, 2012, 06:03:29 PM »
Agree about the full backs tho, awful, and the source of most of our problems

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #454 on: January 29, 2012, 06:09:13 PM »
Well done lads!!

There's not another team in the country that would capitulate like that.

You can always count on Villa finding a way to fuck things up and that's been the way long before Eck turned up.

Spot on.

It's been a problem for as long as I've supported this lot (15 years). We've always been hopeless at defending leads against good teams.

This sort of reminds me of Manure last season when we were battering them in the second half, 2-0 up and yet I had the naggin feeling we wouldn't win the game.

Same today at half time although I thought we'd hang on to get a replay.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #455 on: January 29, 2012, 06:34:46 PM »
Good night turn the lights off on the way out randy

Offline Archie

« Reply #456 on: January 29, 2012, 08:06:18 PM »
The game was exciting and we played with great desire, but if you have 2 clowns in the team you can't have any ambition. 
Arsenal had three goals gifted: one by Dunne, one by the referee and one by Hutton. But it was the Dunne's silly foul  that decided the game, as usual.
You dont need to be Leonardo da Vinci to realize that at the end of the 1st half they were overwhelmed by whistles of their own fans, and to comprehend that if we had resisted for 20 minutes they would give up. There was only one thing to avoid, to concede an easy gol, and Clownne did it, as usual. I only wonder if his huge wages are paid by AVFC or AFC. . .   

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #457 on: January 29, 2012, 09:24:04 PM »
The game was exciting and we played with great desire, but if you have 2 clowns in the team you can't have any ambition. 
Arsenal had three goals gifted: one by Dunne, one by the referee and one by Hutton. But it was the Dunne's silly foul  that decided the game, as usual.
You dont need to be Leonardo da Vinci to realize that at the end of the 1st half they
were overwhelmed by whistles of their own fans, and to comprehend that if we had resisted for 20 minutes they would give up. There was only one thing to avoid, to concede an easy gol, and Clownne did it, as usual. I only wonder if his huge wages are paid by AVFC or AFC. . .   

Did you enjoy the goal that Dunne scored Archie?

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #458 on: January 30, 2012, 12:51:19 AM »
As someone who posted a rant after we withdrew from the FA Cup last season it's only fair to come on and say at least we had a go this time.
The fact we weren't good enough to get any further, or hold onto a two goal lead, is another matter altogether – but at least I can't accuse our manager this year of showing disrespect to either the competition or those that travelled to Bristol and/or Arsenal.
This time last year despite having the services of Ashley Young, Downing and Kyle Walker at his disposal, the previous manager felt we couldn't let the cup get in the way of avoiding relegation.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #459 on: February 02, 2012, 09:29:03 AM »
Heard of an Arsenal fan who went for a pint before half time and came back late in teh second half. He managed to miss four goals.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal