collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by The Edge
[Today at 03:56:04 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 03:56:00 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Gareth
[Today at 03:55:31 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Richard E
[Today at 03:55:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:53:43 PM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by Nunkin1965
[Today at 03:51:41 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:47:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:46:49 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Any spare Arsenal tickets?  (Read 7550 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Any spare Arsenal tickets?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 11:09:18 AM »
I'm with you Carl, I've always been a viewer rather than a poster.  If you ask for tickets you always get this kind of thing with a "you're not a proper fan" tone.  I had season tickets back in the mid 90's but then moved down sarf, started a family etc etc and have gradually reduced my attendance year on year.  I still love the Villa and you would like to think you can go on a forum of what should be your mates as we all love the Villa but you just get crap back.  If the issue is donating to keep the site going then fair enough but thats not why the "I'm a better fan than you" brigade jump on.  If fans want to sell to any other fan then let them. 

Nobody has said anything about being a better/proper fan so spare us the faux indignation. The objection is to those who only come on here looking for tickets.

Offline dn1982

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 12:52:16 PM »
I didn't realise that to ask for tickets would offend so many people. Maybe you should say on registration that you must post 1000 times before you can ask of any spares. i have read these boards for years i am not tied to my computer so never registered but liked to read other villa fans views. I need two tickets so thought this might be a place to get some i didn't realise you where all so sensitive. if i don't post every day like some it seems you're not viewed as worthy of this hallowed site. thanks anyway. back to just reading for me.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 01:21:41 PM »

If your first post is something like I want tickets it also gives the impression you could be a tout that could sell the ticket on. I'm sure you're not but it just helps if you introduce yourself first. Shame you've been put off, if you've been reading for years you'd have noticed that if you start off asking for tickets without as much as an Hello! they'll be a bit of a piss take.   

Offline AlwaysAVFC

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 06:20:25 PM »
Although I can see it from both sides It shouldn't really be a problem a new poster asking for a ticket. I can see why big posters and those that contribute have a problem but in reality if it was one of them putting a ticket for sale they would always sort out someone they know then a regular on here. If no one is going to buy it are they going to sell it to a first time poster or cut their losses? Easy answer isn't. Do people really get offended? why not just ignore the post? OK people are not wanting to sell to a possible tout, in most cases any tout trying to get a ticket will be for games where tickets are in demand and its quite likely that you'll know someone that needs one anyway.
I'm not a regular on here, I make a few posts, I've sold spares, bought spares(including off Carl), and both arranged and offered lifts. I use the site for Information, help myself out and occasional mild amusement.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 06:27:25 PM »
i'm glad Carl offers his tickets on here when he has spares, as i have taken him up on them recently

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal