collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:34:14 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:26:17 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:22:21 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 03:20:13 PM]

Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 03:10:44 PM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 03:07:15 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Drummond
[Today at 02:58:40 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by jon collett
[Today at 02:13:38 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:34:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by maidstonevillain
[Today at 03:33:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 03:30:25 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:26:17 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Ducksworthy
[Today at 03:24:46 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:24:01 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 03:23:25 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by usav
[Today at 03:23:10 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Team GB want Villa stars - McLeish  (Read 37717 times)

Offline Simba

Re: Team GB want Villa stars - McLeish
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2012, 11:19:46 AM »
Bit of a mouthful though innit.

As the vicar said etc

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2012, 11:22:00 AM »
Any one who can't string nine words together must be a nose. ;)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2012, 11:24:09 AM »
Have to agree with Paulie, it's an utter joke! Never wanted the fucking olympics that will make a few cockernees rich and screw the rest of the country over! Team GB? There's nothing great about Britain and there's sod all united about the UK. Farcical. Next!

(cynical? me? you better believe it!)

That's not cynicism it's just Victor Meldrew level miserable whinging.

I'm not overly excited by the Olympics but millions of people are so good luck to them.

Think what he's saying is the UK is farcically down the pan, can't afford the Ollyimpics and neither should we, I agree with him, friggin jobs being lost everywhere and we are then going to put this United front on, how deluded is that, and the even bigger problem is the country could be way further down the toilet by then.

The building works have created thousands of jobs have they not? Regeneration of that part of London will boost the economy of a deprived area. How are these bad things?

You seem to be suggesting that due to the financial situation we should all be donning sack cloth and ashes and muttering "woe is me". 

Offline James

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2012, 11:29:07 AM »
Have to agree with Paulie, it's an utter joke! Never wanted the fucking olympics that will make a few cockernees rich and screw the rest of the country over! Team GB? There's nothing great about Britain and there's sod all united about the UK. Farcical. Next!

I'm pretty sure that paulie meant that he finds the Olympics boring anyway, but he's actually bored of them now, 5-6 months before they start. Not to mention the waste of money at a time of austerity.

Fuck all to do with how he thinks the UK is shit. I don't know how you made that leap.

Stu, I agreed with his thoughts and then expressed my own opinion. I made no 'leap' at all!

Offline James

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2012, 11:36:26 AM »

I'm not overly excited by the Olympics but millions of people are so good luck to them.

Well of course, I don't agree with you therefore you state that I am a whinger! You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine, but I'll express mine without resorting to petty, schoolboy speak. If the millions who are interested in them were paying for them then fine, but I resent having to pay for something that I'm not the least bit interested in. Also, the economy is fucked and that cash could be far better used. Just my opinion!

Offline James

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2012, 11:44:37 AM »

Think what he's saying is the UK is farcically down the pan, can't afford the Ollyimpics and neither should we, I agree with him, friggin jobs being lost everywhere and we are then going to put this United front on, how deluded is that, and the even bigger problem is the country could be way further down the toilet by then.

The building works have created thousands of jobs have they not? Regeneration of that part of London will boost the economy of a deprived area. How are these bad things?

You seem to be suggesting that due to the financial situation we should all be donning sack cloth and ashes and muttering "woe is me". 

How many millions have had to be borrowed for these temporary jobs to be created and how long will it take for taxpayers all over the country to repay those millions to benefit a few people in the area?

It's not 'woe is me' and there's no need to be so patronising. People have different opinions to you, and that doesn't make them wrong, just different!

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2012, 11:52:41 AM »

Well of course, I don't agree with you therefore you state that I am a whinger! You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine, but I'll express mine without resorting to petty, schoolboy speak. If the millions who are interested in them were paying for them then fine, but I resent having to pay for something that I'm not the least bit interested in. Also, the economy is fucked and that cash could be far better used. Just my opinion!

But your post was entirely petty schoolboy speak, "fuckin' Olympics", "cockernees", "nothing great about Britain" etc.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2012, 11:54:46 AM »
but I resent having to pay for something that I'm not the least bit interested in

Know hiow you feel. I hate having to bail the Welsh out with my taxes but I grudgingly do it because that's how society works.

Seriously though, be grateful you're not living in London and paying an extra levy on your council tax ( until 2017, In think it is) to help fund the Olympics

Offline James

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2012, 11:57:24 AM »

But your post was entirely petty schoolboy speak, "fuckin' Olympics", "cockernees", "nothing great about Britain" etc.

If you say so, but not directed at anyone personally but rather just stating my opinion, which was my point! Let's just agree to differ shall we?

Offline James

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2012, 12:03:14 PM »
but I resent having to pay for something that I'm not the least bit interested in

Seriously though, be grateful you're not living in London and paying an extra levy on your council tax ( until 2017, In think it is) to help fund the Olympics

That's outrageous, and is entirely the point I was making!

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2012, 12:19:42 PM »
If we could swap the 2012 Olympics for the 2018 World Cup, I imagine 99% would be in favour of doing it.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2012, 12:21:52 PM »
If we could swap the 2012 Olympics for the 2018 World Cup, I imagine 99% would be in favour of doing it.

Not if we had to field a British team

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2012, 12:37:51 PM »
Why would non-football fans prefer to see the World Cup being held in England rather than the Olympics?

Offline glasses

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2012, 12:40:04 PM »
I know a good few people who I work with who would gladly tell you bollocks

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2012, 12:53:22 PM »

EDIT: in answer to your question on the Marseille thread which I now can't find... myself and Adbad will be in the Aston Social from about 6 tomorrow if you haven't had a better offer yet!

Might see you in there, but it's 50-50 whether I'm going at all now due to having to be a taxi service for my son's social life.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal