collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Reasons to be cheerful?  (Read 11292 times)

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
Re: Reasons to be cheerful?
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2011, 06:03:09 PM »
I was tempted to start a new topic as SOMETHING has changed but here will do.

The players first instinct is to pass the ball.  They even over egg it sometimes as if to prove the point that they're passing the ball.  Watching a winning team is obviously easy but today (v Chelsea) even whilst loosing they played good, watchable football.

Any ideas on what the difference is?

1.  Clark in midfield both protecting the back four and being an out ball for Collins and Dunne
2.  Ireland's inventiveness
3.  Dropping Bent
4.  A change of coaching style
5.  More power to KMac, less to Grant

I haven't got a clue but I like it.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2011, 06:24:50 PM »
Clark has provided a very calming influence and has allowed Stan and now Ireland to push forward. It's a bit of a shame for Herd who was doing a similar job. Clark is more composed on the ball and reminds me of a young Gaz Baz in possession. These boys can play a bit and they just need to keep believing they can.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2011, 06:27:08 PM »
Someone else mentioned it on the post match thread but the word Hope springs to mind too.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2011, 10:28:44 PM »
I guess today that they pretty much all played to the potential, so it's easy to optimistic but you look at this squad (and formation) and everyone looks comfortable in their position.  It's not top 4 but it should play good football and definitely should not get relegated:

---------------------------------------Given(Guzan)-----------------------------------
Hutton(Cuellar)-----Collins(Cuellar)----Dunne(Cuellar)----Warnock(stephens)
-----------------------Petrov(gardner)------Clark(Herd)---------------------------- (also Delph)
-------Albrighton(Nzog)----------Ireland(Bannan)---------Gabby(Nzog)---------
--------------------------------------Bent(Gabby)------------------------------------- (also Fonz)

That's a squad of twenty players wherein all would be involved for pretty much every match.  Good stuff.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal