collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ticket sales not going well?  (Read 26197 times)

Offline Iago

Re: Ticket sales not going well?
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2011, 01:51:43 PM »

You know things are bad when Stoke City have more season ticket holders than Aston Villa.
Stoke have had great success in the past ten years, so it is no surprise that they are attracting more supporters. They were also recently in the FA cup final and have European football on offer, I wish we could be boasting about that.

Stoke averaged 16,823 in their last season in the Championship. They got promoted to the Premier League and they averaged 27,020.

Fair weather support.
Correct. Does success and excitement brings more supporters?

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2011, 01:57:20 PM »
Stoke have been comparatively successful in the last few years hence why their attendances are high. They are a bit like us in 2008/09 and 2009/10. There was a feel good factor and we were doing well and attendances were better. Our support is probably just as fair weather as you alledge Stoke's is.

That said listening to their game on the blower today the commentators have mentioned how there is a few empty seats their.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2011, 08:37:47 PM »
It was a bit similar when SHA came up in 2002, think they had 23k season ticket holders and we had 21k.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2011, 08:42:37 PM »
Can we stop comparing ourselves to Stoke, it is getting a bit depressing.

I mean, in 12 months we could be looking at Port Vale and going 'if only'.

Offline lennythekad

• GM : 25.01.2023
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2011, 10:03:02 PM »
I was going to put this in at the end of the season (and probably will). Here's a list of the home games so far and what I think was/is the cheapest admission for an adult sitting anywhere in the ground where there's a cut price offer, who can buy tickets anytime and has ST holder friends who can get him tickets if needs be.

Blackburn £15
Wolves     £25
Newcastle £20
Wigan       £5
WBA         £25
Norwich    £10
Man U       £26
L'pool        £26
Arsenal      £20
Swansea    £14

That's £186 for 10 home games, against £480 for 19 games for my Lower Holte ST. Any Viagogo games include the compulsory charges.
 I realise people like to sit by their regular crowd, but if you're not bothered it's a massive saving buying individually. Personally, I kept my ST for access to away tickets, but that's not a problem now either if you haven't got one.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2011, 10:16:54 PM »
If the season tickets were dropped to say 250 to 300quid how many extra do you think we would sell and would the better atmosphere and additional pie sales compensate for the loss of revenue from the current season ticket sales?

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2011, 08:05:05 PM »
If the season tickets were dropped to say 250 to 300quid how many extra do you think we would sell and would the better atmosphere and additional pie sales compensate for the loss of revenue from the current season ticket sales?
How many pies do you eat in one sitting?

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2011, 08:59:57 PM »
Personally, I kept my ST for access to away tickets, but that's not a problem now either if you haven't got one.

Do away game tickets go onto general sale now?

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2011, 09:45:15 AM »
I was going to put this in at the end of the season (and probably will). Here's a list of the home games so far and what I think was/is the cheapest admission for an adult sitting anywhere in the ground where there's a cut price offer, who can buy tickets anytime and has ST holder friends who can get him tickets if needs be.

Blackburn £15
Wolves     £25
Newcastle £20
Wigan       £5
WBA         £25
Norwich    £10
Man U       £26
L'pool        £26
Arsenal      £20
Swansea    £14

That's £186 for 10 home games, against £480 for 19 games for my Lower Holte ST. Any Viagogo games include the compulsory charges.
 I realise people like to sit by their regular crowd, but if you're not bothered it's a massive saving buying individually. Personally, I kept my ST for access to away tickets, but that's not a problem now either if you haven't got one.

That's very interesting reading. A season ticket was always better value because of the up-front commitment to the club.
Allied to our reduced investment in players policy, I can see there being a big drop in sales next summer if this continues.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 09:52:42 AM by Big Dick Edwards »

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2011, 10:14:58 AM »
Personally, I kept my ST for access to away tickets, but that's not a problem now either if you haven't got one.

They go to away ST holders first, then ST holders with away games history this season, then to ST holders and if any left anyone with a previous booking history

Offline lennythekad

• GM : 25.01.2023
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2011, 04:33:27 PM »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all the aways so far have gone to anyone with an away history, not neccessarily from this season.
My mate bought two Swansea tickets on one ref number, something which was almost always a no-no previously, despite the Ticket Office stressing "one ticket per client reference" on the website.

Offline IronVilla

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2011, 04:04:35 AM »
I've been able to easily get away tickets this season (Apart from Fulham, but took them up on the neutral area), and i've not got a season ticket.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2011, 08:33:03 AM »

Blackburn £15
Wolves     £25
Newcastle £20
Wigan       £5
WBA         £25
Norwich    £10
Man U       £26
L'pool        £26
Arsenal      £20
Swansea    £14

That's very misleading.

Those prices are in very limited areas and are purely to try and fill the ground.

If every ST holder didn't buy one, most would be worse off by the end of the season.
Let's not look at what we haven't got, let's be privileged to say 'yes I'm a ST holder at Villa'.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2011, 08:37:08 AM »

Blackburn £15
Wolves     £25
Newcastle £20
Wigan       £5
WBA         £25
Norwich    £10
Man U       £26
L'pool        £26
Arsenal      £20
Swansea    £14

Let's not look at what we haven't got, let's be privileged to say 'yes I'm a ST holder at Villa'.

I would not call it a privilege to have a season ticket, it is a lifestyle choice. And one that I am finding it harder to justify

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2011, 08:42:34 AM »

Blackburn £15
Wolves     £25
Newcastle £20
Wigan       £5
WBA         £25
Norwich    £10
Man U       £26
L'pool        £26
Arsenal      £20
Swansea    £14

That's very misleading.

Those prices are in very limited areas and are purely to try and fill the ground.

If every ST holder didn't buy one, most would be worse off by the end of the season.

It isn't misleading at all - read the start of his post, he acknowledges it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal