collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan Hutton the Scottish Cafu Retires  (Read 62215 times)

Offline Rotterdam

• Location: I used to play golf or be on the sofa in Dorridge. Now I've got kids...
Re: Alan Hutton the Scottish Cafu Retires
« Reply #435 on: February 20, 2020, 09:26:31 AM »
I love this fella. We can wax about whether he was a great footballer or not, and yes he had limitations, but how rare is it in the modern age for a footballer who wasn't even treated that well here by a number of managers to still come out the other side showing gratitude and love to the club and the fans? You rarely get it even from the players who owe a great deal to Aston Villa for where they are now / where they finished their careers.

Clearly a man with a lot of heart and a great attitude, and if we had more like him we'd be much more stable.

Anyway - thank you Alan. May you have a long and happy retirement. Hope we bump into each other around VP some time so I can thank you in person.

UTV

I echo the above.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2020
« Reply #436 on: February 20, 2020, 09:38:33 AM »
I love this fella. We can wax about whether he was a great footballer or not, and yes he had limitations, but how rare is it in the modern age for a footballer who wasn't even treated that well here by a number of managers to still come out the other side showing gratitude and love to the club and the fans? You rarely get it even from the players who owe a great deal to Aston Villa for where they are now / where they finished their careers.

Clearly a man with a lot of heart and a great attitude, and if we had more like him we'd be much more stable.

Anyway - thank you Alan. May you have a long and happy retirement. Hope we bump into each other around VP some time so I can thank you in person.

UTV
Good stuff.  The way he fought back from the bomb squad and consistently forced his way back into the team under a number of managers is what I admire most.  100% every single game.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2020
« Reply #437 on: February 20, 2020, 09:55:42 AM »
A Villa legend, always gave 100%, his goal against Blues is something I'll never forget.

Thanks Alan and happy retirement

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #438 on: February 20, 2020, 11:05:31 AM »
Happy retirement AH

Just watching him on the debate ..They was all asked who would go down . Stuart Pearce said Villa , Lescott said villa and Alan replied No way will Villa go down .

Love the guy :)

Offline kieron

« Reply #439 on: February 21, 2020, 12:32:29 PM »
If anyone wants to hear Alan's contribution, download the TalkSport app, press Schedules, scroll back to Feb 19th and play the 10am-1pm slot.

Alan's sections are:

02:07:00-02:17:00

02:21:45-02:31:00

02:36:00-02:46:25

02:53:00-02:58:00