collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 11:45:03 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?  (Read 256621 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?
« Reply #600 on: March 08, 2021, 07:15:50 AM »
Unless you want to consider the Age of the Empire, and all that it was in that period, I don’t know that overt racism had to be an issue to be discussed amongst the royals until now. They’ve never had someone of mixed race; that is someone who is in part African American. It’s well documented The Duke Of Edinburgh faced prejudice for his Greek heritage when joined the family but he is at least white. So I think the racism was always there; just under the surface. Whenever there is a threat to the status quo and a certain way of life it will always bring the worst out in some.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 07:17:53 AM by Toronto Villa »

Offline sid1964

« Reply #601 on: March 08, 2021, 07:36:50 AM »
I know someone who works at Buckingham Palace - Megan was not a popular person, and not very nice to the people who worked their

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #602 on: March 08, 2021, 07:46:55 AM »
I don't think anyone was in doubt that she was unpopular there. The question is why?

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #603 on: March 08, 2021, 08:09:05 AM »
This morning I've had to ban any visits to the BBC/MSM sporting pages for the foreseeable future to avoid this dullard crap. Approaching Trump levels of hysteria from what I can tell.  Personally I hope both sides of the argument get sucked into a black hole

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #604 on: March 08, 2021, 08:49:34 AM »
Unless you want to consider the Age of the Empire, and all that it was in that period, I don’t know that overt racism had to be an issue to be discussed amongst the royals until now. They’ve never had someone of mixed race; that is someone who is in part African American. It’s well documented The Duke Of Edinburgh faced prejudice for his Greek heritage when joined the family but he is at least white. So I think the racism was always there; just under the surface. Whenever there is a threat to the status quo and a certain way of life it will always bring the worst out in some.
I’m as Greek as Phil and I’m Irish.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #605 on: March 08, 2021, 09:27:24 AM »
Celebrity Fans. What's The Point? The Royal Family. What's The Fcuking Point?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #606 on: March 08, 2021, 09:46:53 AM »
I don't think anyone was in doubt that she was unpopular there. The question is why?
Treating staff like shit?

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #607 on: March 08, 2021, 12:02:49 PM »
I'm not sure about all of this.

Whatever your views of the monarchy overall, Harry didn't have much choice in being part of it. He's been privileged in many, many ways, but also has served in the military, has done some brilliant charity work, and also been heavily involved in the Invictus Games. He's fallen in love with a non-royal, who also happens to be famous person in her own right.

The way his mum died and how he was subsequently treated (being made to walk along the road in front of everyone behind her coffin) suggests to me that he's had a pretty raw deal, and one that no amount of money could compensate for. He then sees an extremely similar scenario playing out with his wife and decides to get out.

He's signed a deal with Netflix etc, because he needs a home and an income, he also needs security, as do his wife and child(ren). Her reputation has been tarnished after being attacked by the press, who have, as usual, stayed in the gutter with their reporting about her. They will want to continue to tarnish her reputation as much as they feasibly can too.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #608 on: March 08, 2021, 12:20:37 PM »
I get all that Drummond and agree with a lot of what you say and like many I’ve a soft spot for Harry.

But the key here is not only doing the Oprah interview but what they said and how they said it. We watched it earlier and it’s absolutely devastating stuff. So many seemingly throw away lines aimed at causing maximum damage, to achieve what?

Fine leave the institution and protect your family if you’ve had enough but don’t blow the joint up while you walk out the door for money. I think they’ll live to regret this I’m afraid.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #609 on: March 08, 2021, 12:24:11 PM »
Anyone who upsets the royals and royalists is fine by me.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #610 on: March 08, 2021, 12:27:06 PM »
I really couldn’t give a shit, can’t we shift this to Off Topic?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #611 on: March 08, 2021, 12:29:32 PM »
I really couldn’t give a shit, can’t we shift this to Off Topic?
That is where it should be

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #612 on: March 08, 2021, 02:05:24 PM »
All this talk of race issues and problems within the family - when will someone repost the picture of old "Haz" wearing his Nazi costume and having a great laugh whilst doing it.

Glass houses and stones young man - you did not care whom you upset then did you?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #613 on: March 08, 2021, 02:38:51 PM »

Because she seems like a thoroughly nasty piece of work.  Fell out with her own family, fell out with her husband's family, fell out with people who worked for her, fell out with her own husband and then apparently let him know that she was leaving him by sending her wedding and engagement rings to him in an envelope.

She's played an absolute blinder though.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #614 on: March 08, 2021, 02:44:54 PM »
I don't pay attention because I really don't care about them, but all I can see is some thoroughly unpleasant Tim Henman fans having been racist to a woman of mixed heritage.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal