collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Everton  (Read 7340 times)

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
Re: Everton
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 01:23:32 AM »
The game sold out very quickly after it went on general sale which was a week ago. Most were already sent out to away scheme members, so the 'occasional fan' really didn't stand much of a chance unless they camped out at Villa Park waiting for away scheme members to return tickets.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 09:31:00 PM »
Last minute plea for any spares if anyone can help.

Offline Tony Boucher

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 10:36:40 AM »
Home end I reckon Pete

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 02:55:33 PM »
Taking smaller allocations in recent years has made away games a right pain in the arse now though & I think the message is getting through to the occasional/non-regular away supporter that there's probably not much chance of getting a ticket unless you get in early, or if it's against Wigan/Blackburn.  A lot of people don't know if they can make it until a week or so before kick-off & there's almost no chance by that stage.

I do blame the home clubs for the most part - for example, Everton still have around 10,000 tickets available for the game against us.  To pass-up the sale of possibly another 1,000 away tickets beggars belief.  No wonder they're in the crap financially if that's an example of how they run the club.

Anyway, got any spares Dave?

You're missing the point Tony. It's taken over 4 weeks to sell 1,800 tickets. The chance for the occasional away fan to buy a ticket have been there for a while. It's no good leaving it until the week leading up to the game because there's a good chance a game will sell out, which it as.

By saying its sold out do you mean the Villa end only, not the whole ground? I think Tony's point (which I agree with) is Everton's stupidity in saying Villa have to pay for any unsold seats, meaning we take the reduced allocation. The end result is thousands of empty seats in the ground, and a few more Villa fans that would have liked to attend but can't.

Online Clampy

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 05:37:01 PM »
Taking smaller allocations in recent years has made away games a right pain in the arse now though & I think the message is getting through to the occasional/non-regular away supporter that there's probably not much chance of getting a ticket unless you get in early, or if it's against Wigan/Blackburn.  A lot of people don't know if they can make it until a week or so before kick-off & there's almost no chance by that stage.

I do blame the home clubs for the most part - for example, Everton still have around 10,000 tickets available for the game against us.  To pass-up the sale of possibly another 1,000 away tickets beggars belief.  No wonder they're in the crap financially if that's an example of how they run the club.

You're missing the point Tony. It's taken over 4 weeks to sell 1,800 tickets. The chance for the occasional away fan to buy a ticket have been there for a while. It's no good leaving it until the week leading up to the game because there's a good chance a game will sell out, which it as.

I think Tony's point (which I agree with) is Everton's stupidity in saying Villa have to pay for any unsold seats, meaning we take the reduced allocation.

It would'nt surprise me if this is common practice now.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 05:39:05 PM »
Clubs tend to get a two-tier allocation. There's the first chunk, of which they can return any number, and then there's a second, optional, allocation which all have to be paid for, sold or unsold.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 10:33:47 PM »

I think Tony's point (which I agree with) is Everton's stupidity in saying Villa have to pay for any unsold seats, meaning we take the reduced allocation.

It would'nt surprise me if this is common practice now.

For goodness sake, N'Clampy, please get your apostrophes in the right place, it's really starting to annoy me now; it wouldn't take much effort.  ;)

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 03:09:41 AM »
Looked like the Upper Tier (which we didn't take) was empty.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal