collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What's the point of Collins?  (Read 17501 times)

Offline TimTheVillain

Re: What's the point of Collins?
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2011, 09:11:43 AM »
A very unintelligent player; passing ability appalling - defending ability very questionable, positional sense to suit the Rose & Crown 2nd eleven.

Drop him for Clark.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2011, 09:17:55 AM »
Collins was at fault for both goals.  He needs to be dropped fo sure.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2011, 09:34:04 AM »
Something Ive been saying for some time. While everyone has been slating Hutton Im willing to give him a bit of time but Collins annoys me so much, yes is heart is in it but you need more than that.

He cant pass to save his life but thinks he can drill these long balls up field and his positional sense is way off. I'm fed up of the amount of times he spends appealing for offside instead of being in the right place

I like Dunne not the quickest but reads it really well so an obvious choice is a pacy young defender with him, not a similar but below par version of himself

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2011, 09:36:32 AM »
I like Collins, but we do need to do something at the back to shake things up a bit.  I can see him starting Carlos at CB against Swansea with Hutton reverting to RB.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2011, 10:29:12 AM »
He is a poor defender. Makes elementary mistakes and than puts in great last minute tackles to block and that impresses  people. However if he defended better in the first place  there would be no need for spectacular stuff.
His distribution is a bit like Eddie Stobart's. Long distance any where all the time.
The man is a liability and should be farmed off to Bolton or Blackburn or Small Heath.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2011, 11:17:59 AM »
I like Collins, but we do need to do something at the back to shake things up a bit.  I can see him starting Carlos at CB against Swansea with Hutton reverting to RB.

I think Collins has been piss poor, so would look at dropping him, too, but I've barely more confidence in either of the full backs.

Hutton is shockingly poor. I can't believe we wasted 4 million on him. The notion that Spurs spunked 9 on him just beggars belief.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2011, 11:45:03 AM »
Collins is mid table fodder so still right for our level.

He should be cover on our bench and play the odd game against the likes of Stoke and Bolton, not start every fecking week.

In the summer if Blackburn go down, I'd get in Samba, get Clark learning alongside him, let Dunney go and firmly nail Collins down to our bench.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2011, 11:50:47 AM »
As for Clark, doesn't he prefer to play on the left, so it would be Dunne not Collins he's in line to replace.

That's why you'd play Cuellar and Clark as a partnership ...

I worry about a lack of leadership/organisation in that combo though.

I'd certainly bring in Carlos full time at RB as Hutton is dreadful and I think Warnock...Clark...Dunne...Carlos would give us a more solid look especially with the teams we've got coming up.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2011, 12:00:29 PM »

I think Collins has been piss poor, so would look at dropping him, too, but I've barely more confidence in either of the full backs.

Hutton is shockingly poor. I can't believe we wasted 4 million on him. The notion that Spurs spunked 9 on him just beggars belief.

He's unbelievably bad, easily the worst right back we've had in twenty years.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2011, 12:24:18 PM »
I really would like it if Collins was dropped and replaced by Clark that would be better for us if that happens he is not playing that well at the moment we need to change something around.

Offline midnite

• GM : 30.03.2016
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2011, 12:31:59 PM »
His distribution is a bit like Eddie Stobart's. Long distance any where all the time.

The funniest thing I've read all morning!

Online cheadlevilla

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2011, 12:37:06 PM »
He'd play better if he got rid of those spats he wears instead of proper boots!!

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2011, 12:37:36 PM »
In the summer if Blackburn go down, I'd get in Samba, get Clark learning alongside him, let Dunney go and firmly nail Collins down to our bench.

I could live with that!

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2011, 12:40:55 PM »
I really would like it if Collins was dropped and replaced by Clark that would be better for us if that happens he is not playing that well at the moment we need to change something around.

He needs to be given his chance now,his distribution alone would be a massive improvement on last nights cack.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2011, 12:46:03 PM »
I don't think it that helpful to blame all our woes on one individual. The team is not playing well, just like last season.

There are two reasons for this 1. Either virtually all the players are not good enough, or 2. The players are better than the performances suggest, and there is something wrong with the tactics and approach to games.

After the Swansea game, Villa are entering a winter of pain with the games coming up. If nothing changes in regards to any of the above reasons, we are going to have severe problems.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal