collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:28:03 AM]

Champions League Contention by paul_e
[Today at 10:26:30 AM]

Diego Carlos by tomd2103
[Today at 10:24:33 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[Today at 10:24:22 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by martin o`who??
[Today at 10:21:43 AM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Max Villan
[Today at 10:17:02 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by N'ZMAV
[Today at 10:14:46 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by eamonn
[Today at 09:58:22 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Gen Semi vs Sporting Lisbon is on Tv  (Read 7797 times)

Offline danlanza

Re: Next Gen Semi vs Sporting Lisbon is on Tv
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2013, 09:34:22 AM »
Half 4 or half 5 ffs.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2013, 09:46:59 AM »
I liked the look of Donacien at the back. He seemed to have a lot of maturity for his age. Maybe someone to include on the bench towards the end of the season if we're safe.

Offline eastie

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2013, 09:49:47 AM »
I liked the look of Donacien at the back. He seemed to have a lot of maturity for his age. Maybe someone to include on the bench towards the end of the season if we're safe.

Not this season but there are two or three who may be knocking on the door next season - the future looks good if this crop can continue to develop- of last nights team Carruthers is perhaps already knocking on the door but donacien, Robinson and grealish look great prospects .

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2013, 09:56:13 AM »
Burke and Drennan will be ahead of Robinson but no doubt Robinson is a real prospect. He's impressed me every time i've seen him.

Remember, these are the U19s and there's a few in the U21 group that are knocking on the first team door too. Like Johnson, Siegrist, Williams etc. And there's some that weren't playing last night like Jordan Graham, who are very promising.

Offline eastie

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2013, 09:59:45 AM »
Burke and Drennan will be ahead of Robinson but no doubt Robinson is a real prospect. He's impressed me every time i've seen him.

Remember, these are the U19s and there's a few in the U21 group that are knocking on the first team door too. Like Johnson, Siegrist, Williams etc. And there's some that weren't playing last night like Jordan Graham, who are very promising.

If given went would you have faith in siegrist as a number 2 maz or do you think he needs a bit longer?

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2013, 10:04:59 AM »
I'd rather we had one experienced keeper on the books as a safety valve if/when Given goes, then loan Siegrist out or have him compete directly with this experienced keeper.

Technically I have no doubts Siegrist could cope but its tough for young keepers to recover after making mistakes. And mistakes are inevitable.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2013, 10:09:53 AM »

Not this season but there are two or three who may be knocking on the door next season - the future looks good if this crop can continue to develop- of last nights team Carruthers is perhaps already knocking on the door but donacien, Robinson and grealish look great prospects .

I don't see any harm in including one or two in the matchday squad if and when we're safe. Carruthers and Burke have been on the bench a few times already, Burke has even got on the pitch. Besides, it'll give them the incentive to push on once they've tasted it.

Offline eastie

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2013, 10:13:01 AM »

I don't see any harm in including one or two in the matchday squad if and when we're safe. Carruthers and Burke have been on the bench a few times already, Burke has even got on the pitch. Besides, it'll give them the incentive to push on once they've tasted it.

Fair point clamps, I must admit i was impressed with the cameo from Carruthers last season and he looked confident and prepared to take players on - surprised he hasn't been given a chance so far, as he seems to provide width and pace too.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2013, 10:57:59 AM »
Half 4 or half 5 ffs.

Half past four.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal