collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by remy
[Today at 05:52:44 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by PaulWinch again
[Today at 04:56:02 AM]

Champions League Contention by Rory
[Today at 03:07:22 AM]

Diego Carlos by VillaTim
[Today at 03:06:47 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Big Screen  (Read 5910 times)

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

Big Screen
« on: August 17, 2011, 11:31:34 AM »
Does anyone know if the big screen between the North Stand and Witton Lane has been replaced?

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Re: Big Screen
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 11:33:04 AM »
Does anyone know if the big screen between the North Stand and Witton Lane has been replaced?

Back when he used to post on here, the General said it wouldn't be die to planned development works in that corner of the ground.  So I doubt it has been.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 11:43:01 AM »

Back when he used to post on here, the General said it wouldn't be die to planned development works in that corner of the ground.  So I doubt it has been.

Thanks.

Seems sensible to put one in though in my opinion.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 11:51:55 AM »

I'm sure that there's plenty of big screens for sale around London at the moment if you know the right people

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 12:44:55 PM »
No it has not been replaced and there is no current intention to do so

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 02:01:44 PM »
I'd like to see it returned.

Offline russon

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 02:35:29 PM »

returned or return? that is the question. i suppose both apply but I'd lean towards 'return' if given a choice, 'returned' makes it sound like the screen should be returned to where it was made while 'return' suggests it's return to the place where it established it's home, ie. Villa Park. I'm prepared to be contradicted but do feel, quite strongly, that 'return' should have been the word used in this context Legion. I hope you don't find an apology beneath you. You have until teatime (or should that be tea-time?), let's say until supper, which I usually take around 7pm but appreciating that some take supper significantly later than that, I'll accept 11pm, certainly no later than midnight which would clearly be out of order given we'd have tipped into the following day. Were I have been prepared to allow you until the following day I'd have said so, so supper it is.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 02:43:52 PM »
I can see why they took it down, but if further work isn't planned any time soon why not put it back now?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 02:47:58 PM »

returned or return? that is the question. i suppose both apply but I'd lean towards 'return' if given a choice, 'returned' makes it sound like the screen should be returned to where it was made while 'return' suggests it's return to the place where it established it's home, ie. Villa Park. I'm prepared to be contradicted but do feel, quite strongly, that 'return' should have been the word used in this context Legion. I hope you don't find an apology beneath you. You have until teatime (or should that be tea-time?), let's say until supper, which I usually take around 7pm but appreciating that some take supper significantly later than that, I'll accept 11pm, certainly no later than midnight which would clearly be out of order given we'd have tipped into the following day. Were I have been prepared to allow you until the following day I'd have said so, so supper it is.

I'm sorry, Alex. Return it is.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 03:03:32 PM »
I'd like to see it returned.Were I have been prepared to allow

Talking of grammatical correctness... ;)

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 05:02:27 PM »
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a large expanse of grass upon which the game of football is played at Villa Park?
If you want to watch football on TV either stay at home or go down the pub. ;D
Sorry guys that was my Victor Meldrew instinct coming out. :o

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 05:17:41 PM »

Wasn't it taken down before the start of last season? Presumably we're not making major modifications to the ground which will commence during the season, so are we to believe that they, for some reason, took it down at least 2 years in advance?

Piss poor planning, why am I not surprised.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 06:53:23 PM »
Technically, piss poor planning would be taking it down too late.

This seems like overzealous planning to me.

Offline myf

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 07:49:42 PM »
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a large expanse of grass upon which the game of football is played at Villa Park?
If you want to watch football on TV either stay at home or go down the pub. ;D
Sorry guys that was my Victor Meldrew instinct coming out. :o

Always nice to see the replays though

Offline fordbeck

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 07:58:30 PM »
Are we still filling the corners in

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal