collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: William McGregor's grave  (Read 39066 times)

Offline Woody

Re: William McGregor's grave
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2011, 10:24:17 PM »
Someone mentioned earlier in thread on how to join Trust -> see http://www.villatrust.org.uk/?page_id=396

Online BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2011, 10:20:03 PM »
Update: The service will be at 2.00 p.m. on the afternoon of Tuesday 20th December; it is expected to last until circa 3.30 p.m. and at the end there will be a parade to William McGregor's grave.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2011, 09:42:04 PM »
My tenner's worth has been submitted. How far are we towards the overall total?

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2011, 09:59:43 PM »
The idea of a Blue Plaque on 9 Witton Road is excellent. I wonder if the people that live there now realise the significance of that address?
I often bump into Mike Whitby in my local and next time I see him I'll bring the subject up.
I had a chat with Mike Whitby at lunchtime about this subject and he seemed to be genuinely interested. Although he did say that Blue Plaques were down to The Birmingham Civic Society.
However he took notes and he said he would email me after he had contacted them. Just to add that he said that if it came down to cost, even in these hard times a few spare quid could be squeezed out of the councils coffers to help with the cost of the plaque.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2011, 09:04:40 AM »
The idea of a Blue Plaque on 9 Witton Road is excellent. I wonder if the people that live there now realise the significance of that address?
I often bump into Mike Whitby in my local and next time I see him I'll bring the subject up.
I had a chat with Mike Whitby at lunchtime about this subject and he seemed to be genuinely interested. Although he did say that Blue Plaques were down to The Birmingham Civic Society.
However he took notes and he said he would email me after he had contacted them. Just to add that he said that if it came down to cost, even in these hard times a few spare quid could be squeezed out of the councils coffers to help with the cost of the plaque.

As already pointed out a couple of times on this thread, the current residents of McGregor's old house don't want the plaque so it's a non-starter.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2011, 03:40:04 PM »
For legal reasons we need to make attempts to contact any possible descendants. If you know of any, PM me.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2011, 09:44:00 AM »
Is there a chance there might be something about his descendants in the club archives?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2011, 10:45:35 AM »
Is there a chance there might be something about his descendants in the club archives?

There isn't.

Offline Towser

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2011, 07:21:14 AM »
And for those that don't know also buried in the same church grounds is George Ramsay, whose headstone reads ‘Founder of Aston Villa’.

Offline Captain Trips

« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2011, 09:43:49 AM »

Mike has his own budget for which he can use for almost any good cause he sees fit. If you are short of money for the grave, ask him for a donation. Anything that boosts his image is always good for a few quid :-))

Offline villa exile

« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2011, 09:45:03 AM »
Great idea, will be donating later today..

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2011, 08:14:25 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal