collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 59169 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Fulham vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #210 on: August 14, 2011, 05:44:09 PM »

Sorry TV, I'm afraid I can't agree that N'Zogbia has already shown he is a step up on A Young. He'll have to do considerably better than that for a sustained period of time.

That's not what I said though is it? My comment was specifically about the crosses he put in today. One thing we were all frustrated about with Ash was his crosses, be they open play or set pieces. I think N'Zogbia will prove to be a better crosser than Ash and better in dead ball situations. He'll have to do much, much more than that to be a better all around player than him, and I'd be mental to suggest that his is.

You said;
" N'Zogbia is going to be a big asset for us this season. His crossing is already a step up from Ash."

It was 30 minutes into the first game of the season and it was a silly thing to say. He had an indifferent performance with a couple of half-decent crosses, none of it was "a step up from Ash". Hopefully he will get better, I think he will.

It's not a silly statement as I said it also considering his play at Wigan. Look at some of his crosses and free kick goals at Wigan as an example. Ash, given the opportunities he got with us didn't deliver the same quality. He put in some very good crosses to Heskey and Collins, both of which we should have done better on.

*rolls eyes* again.

you keep rolling your eyes again. Next time the Spurs financial statement comes out and you get on your soapbox, we'll collectively roll our eyes.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #211 on: August 14, 2011, 06:01:43 PM »

Sorry TV, I'm afraid I can't agree that N'Zogbia has already shown he is a step up on A Young. He'll have to do considerably better than that for a sustained period of time.

That's not what I said though is it? My comment was specifically about the crosses he put in today. One thing we were all frustrated about with Ash was his crosses, be they open play or set pieces. I think N'Zogbia will prove to be a better crosser than Ash and better in dead ball situations. He'll have to do much, much more than that to be a better all around player than him, and I'd be mental to suggest that his is.

You said;
" N'Zogbia is going to be a big asset for us this season. His crossing is already a step up from Ash."

It was 30 minutes into the first game of the season and it was a silly thing to say. He had an indifferent performance with a couple of half-decent crosses, none of it was "a step up from Ash". Hopefully he will get better, I think he will.

It's not a silly statement as I said it also considering his play at Wigan. Look at some of his crosses and free kick goals at Wigan as an example. Ash, given the opportunities he got with us didn't deliver the same quality. He put in some very good crosses to Heskey and Collins, both of which we should have done better on.

*rolls eyes* again.

you keep rolling your eyes again. Next time the Spurs financial statement comes out and you get on your soapbox, we'll collectively roll our eyes.

I think Ashley Young just showed what a silly little statement yours was.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #212 on: August 14, 2011, 06:10:43 PM »

You said;

*rolls eyes* again.

did I ever say that Ash never put in a good cross? I think you're getting a little bit carried away here by harping on about a minor statement I made based an an opinion. Isn't there something more mundane like bashing Faulkner or Randy you could be doing to death?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #213 on: August 14, 2011, 06:23:06 PM »
V Blackburn

given - young, Collins, dunne, warnock - Ireland, makoun, delph - n'zogbia, bent, gabby

Then v Hereford

Given - young, Collins, Clark, warnock - albrighton, Gardner, makoun, bannan -  delfouneso, heskey

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #214 on: August 14, 2011, 06:40:13 PM »

Was it me or did I hear some booing towards the end of the game?
I didn't hear any booing. There was some  irritation in the last 15 mins or so as fans felt that we could have won the game  with a bit more aggression but overall  upon leaving the ground everyone  appeared happy with the point.

I thought we never looked  like losing the game or winning it. There was nothing to inspire but let's see  how the next few games go.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #215 on: August 14, 2011, 06:42:59 PM »

and another mate getting £2 change of out £10 for 2 pints of Fosters in The Bricklayers. Good old London.

I bought 3 pints of Peroni for  my  mates who drink that brand  in a trendy cafe on Fulham Palace Road and cost was £15!

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #216 on: August 14, 2011, 07:00:31 PM »

You said;

*rolls eyes* again.

did I ever say that Ash never put in a good cross? I think you're getting a little bit carried away here by harping on about a minor statement I made based an an opinion. Isn't there something more mundane like bashing Faulkner or Randy you could be doing to death?

I'm not harping on about it, I just don't see why I should let you have the last word on it. It was a silly statement and nothing you say about Spurs or faulkner or Lerner will change that. Why don't you just drop it?

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #217 on: August 14, 2011, 07:11:50 PM »
Drop what? And what the hell has having the last word got anything to do with anything? I made a comment based on MY opinion in a match thread. You decided to jump all over it with mindless sarcasm. You didn't post a counter opinion, instead you put "rolls eyes" because you thought it was clever and because YOU thought it was silly. How about every time you mention Randy's net spending or that of Spurs' spending everyone else puts rolls eyes next it, because it's mind numbingly boring. Because it's what we're all thinking. You're onto this like a pain in the arse fly that won't let something go. If you disagree with my opinion, feel free to say so. If it's only so important for you to put "rolls eyes" then find another topic that that's more important to you.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #218 on: August 14, 2011, 07:15:13 PM »
rolls eyes

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #219 on: August 14, 2011, 07:18:50 PM »
Rolls onto side and looks for remote

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #220 on: August 14, 2011, 07:26:09 PM »
Rolls, baps or cobs?

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #221 on: August 14, 2011, 07:26:49 PM »
rolls over dead with boredom

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #222 on: August 14, 2011, 07:27:20 PM »
This is a general point re AY, and not aimed at you, Toronto, but I heard a statistic yesterday regarding how many of our goals last season were either scored by, or involved Ashley Young.

I can't remember the figure, but it made me think "fucking hell" - ie it was very high.

I never for the life of me understood why some of our fans moaned and whinged about him all the time. No, his last couple of seasons weren't as good as the first two, but he was very, very important for us nonetheless.

I entirely understand why he went, we were never going to hold on to him when Man United came in (although gratifyingly, we never had to flog him to the like of Spurs or a club on a similar level to us), but we are going to find it very difficult to replace him. Incidentally, for all the brickbats we're (rightly) throwing at him, the same goes for Downing.

N'Zogbia might turn out to be a fine replacement for one of those two, and I really, really hope he is, but we had a hint yesterday of how important it is that we supply Darren Bent with ammo, and with Young and Downing both gone, it's going to take something pretty extraordinary to keep up the same level of supply.

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #223 on: August 14, 2011, 07:32:14 PM »
Rolls, baps or cobs?
Rolls are long, cobs are round and baps are flat and floury.

I used to have a Saturday job in a bread shop.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #224 on: August 14, 2011, 07:33:06 PM »
I liked Young and Downing, but I hope the panel on Sky Soccer Saturday are proved right. Le Tiss said Downing was the worst deal of the summer and Merse, to the mumbled agreement of the others, said N'Zogbia was the best.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal