collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Backroom staff  (Read 14687 times)

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
Re: Backroom staff
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 11:57:05 AM »
Sure i  read somewhere that Andy Watson wanted to stay at Small Heath and would not be following McLeish as he did'nt think it would be the right move to make. Will look a idiot if he ends up at Villa now.

Offline GJH

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 10:04:22 AM »
Got to keep Kevin Mcdonald and Mcandrew on as the reserve coaches, probably the most succesful reserve coaches in the country.

I listened to talk sport after the scum were relegated and the chief scout was called Mckenzie i think, he said he was responsible for nearly all of Mcleish's signings and has followed mcleish around since before his Rangers days.

He was made scapegoat by the blues and was protesting his innocence thats why Mcleish was annoyed with the board. He'll definately come here.

As the previous poster said, car crash waiting to happen anyway.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2011, 10:12:28 AM »
Got to keep Kevin Mcdonald and Mcandrew on as the reserve coaches, probably the most succesful reserve coaches in the country.

I listened to talk sport after the scum were relegated and the chief scout was called Mckenzie i think, he said he was responsible for nearly all of Mcleish's signings and has followed mcleish around since before his Rangers days.

He was made scapegoat by the blues and was protesting his innocence thats why Mcleish was annoyed with the board. He'll definately come here.

As the previous poster said, car crash waiting to happen anyway.
Paul Montgomery.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2011, 10:10:21 PM »
I reckon Montgomery has one of the most important roles within the club, as finding a cheap star is what Villa desperately need to do (repeatedly).

Anyone know anything about him? There is no Wiki page for him, although on the Mcleish page it states that he recommended Drogba to west ham.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2011, 10:29:41 PM »
Montgomery is certainly an original, a nightclub worker who became a top footballing talent spotter, credited with spotting millions of pounds worth of talent, his knack culminating in an amazing approach from one of Europe's mightiest clubs, Barcelona.

"Yeah, Barcelona's interest puts everything into perspective I guess," smiled Monty. "Representatives of the Barcelona president approached me during last season before West Ham went down.

"They were sick of having to spend £20 million on a player to match Real Madrid and wanted me to head their drive to unearth those players when they are still priced at £2 million to £3 million. They wanted me to concentrate on players up to the age of 23 in England and in Europe.

"I turned them down because of my loyalty to Glenn. I felt I hadn't yet done the job he wanted doing. So I wasn't going to leave a pal."

Ironically, as it turned out Roeder was struck down by a serious illness and, when he recovered, was sacked. Football is a tough, exciting, shocking, alluring companion and Paul Montgomery loves it.

Sounds like he could be very important in the next few weeks ..........

Offline Dante Lavelli

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »
Thanks again WW. I have pasted what you put on the transfer thread below as it is relevant here too:

Quote from: Dante Lavelli on Today at 10:01:18 PM
According to Wiki Montgomery recommended Drogba to West Ham. That's all it says. Anyone know more about him?

Chelsea are considering a move for Birmingham's highly-rated head of recruitment Paul Montgomery. Montgomery is one the most respected recruiters in the English game and was seen as a key appointment by manager Alex McLeish in 2008. He is understood to have good contacts in England and abroad, which were utilised by the Blues in their successful summer moves for Alex Hleb from Barcelona and Nikola Zigic from Valencia. Joining forces: Paul Montgomery could join Carlo Ancelotti at Chelsea And Montgomery's knowledge of the English market is also top notch, which was demonstrated last year when the Blues plucked successful central-defensive duo Roger Johnson and Scott Dann from the Championship. The Blues are looking for a replacement for sporting director Frank Arnesen, who will quit Stamford Bridge at the end of the season - news exclusively revealed by Sportsmail. Well conntected: Montgomery helped bring Alexander Hleb to Birmingham Former Barcelona technical secretary Txiki Beguiristain is thought to be in the running to replace the Dane, along with Montgomery. And even if Chelsea opted for Beguiristain, the Double winners could still swoop for Montgomery as they look to bolster their scouting resources. A former European scout with West Ham and Rangers, Montgomery was previously offered a position with Barcelona.  Thiago Silva the trump card as AC Milan try to talk David Luiz into snubbing Manchester City and Chelsea for ItalyMission accomplished! Departing Arnesen predicts bright Blues future Alexander Hleb had to hang his head after Birmingham snub for Chelsea game  Explore more:People: Frank Arnesen, Scott Dann, Alex McLeish, Alex Hleb, Roger Johnson Places: Birmingham, United Kingdom

Offline Dante Lavelli

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2011, 11:30:42 PM »

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2011, 12:34:36 AM »
so how many weeks is that now?

Manager comes in....backroom staff follows

HOW LONG HAS OUR MANAGER BEEN AT THE VILLA?

JESUS FUCKING WEPT

we are expecting a few signings as well aren't we ? (hope the ' was in the right place)

FUCKING JOKE OF A CLUB

anyway Given will be a great signing

if we ever rise above the 3.0 million we are offering

West Brom are sitting with a 3.5 million offer  BEING REJECTED - but we are are hoping to get him for 3 million?

anyway

i read it all in the papers

i know i shoudnt

because, they told us Eck was our next manager

that never happened

even though we were told not to believe everything we read, the papers had it in against us etc etc

going well so far

clean slate

Ireland, wants a chance

and delph "must step up to the mark"

what next?

Warnock "GH hated me at Liverpool, thats why im shite here?"

remember last year?

when the few that said we would mess about in getting a manager in before the transfer deadline, just in case we had to spend money?

its now half way through July - you think Randy might be fucking about again?

im just waiting for how Beye might be the answer to our right back spot

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2011, 12:36:30 AM »

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2011, 12:59:29 AM »

there must be a 5 fingered shuffle for Mazrim's post

or maybe a money shot for mazrim's face?

well done ::)

Randy will be pleased

Wonder how the season tickets are going

thats

Delph - like a new signing

Ireland - thats like a new signing as well

Warnock - wants to give it another go

Dunne and Collins - are going to get their fingers out and maybe give a shit about us next year?

WHAT A FUCKING CLUB ::)

anyway

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 01:45:24 AM »
Madirishvillain, why do you put yourself through what must be absolute agony following Villa given the way you feel? Genuine question, because you've been nothing but incredibly critical of everything associated with Villa since you've started to post on here. If, in your eyes, it is a "FUCKING JOKE OF A CLUB" enough so that you put it in capitals to make your feelings really stand out, there has to be a better club out there for you to follow or something else that you'd rather be doing.

Since you've come on this site you have been intent on polluting every single thread with your negativity. Maybe, just maybe, not everyone feels the same way as you. Maybe, others on here can be critical of certain elements but recognise that while it might not be perfect there is reason to have optimism or at least an open mind.

I'm only going to speak for myself here, but honestly, I don't want you on this site. I don't want you here during the season, on match days, post match threads, or anywhere else to be honest. There are a number of other Villa fan sites that might share your views, but you're outlook is so extreme that it makes you wonder which side you're actually on. I have no issue with anyone having different views to me, but in the end almost every one of those people still want Villa to do well. I don't get that from you at all, and you actually want us to fail because it then justifies your miserable existence on here.

I know none of this will matter to you, but I really find every one your posts sad and pathetic.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:57:54 AM by toronto villa »

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2011, 01:57:07 AM »
Madirish

You were the first person I met on here back 6 months ago.  I thought then that you were a bit lairy.  You wanted to sell everybody, as I recall!  Hey, no problem with vision but, whoa - total annihilation?  (as I asked you at the time!)

You're better than that. And your subsequent posts at the time proved that. 
I wanna hear what you really, really want (as the spice girls said)...right now.  With McL. and the guys we've got. Because that's who we're working with and we both know that. 

Offline luke25

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2011, 02:01:54 AM »
so how many weeks is that now?

Manager comes in....backroom staff follows

HOW LONG HAS OUR MANAGER BEEN AT THE VILLA?

JESUS FUCKING WEPT

we are expecting a few signings as well aren't we ? (hope the ' was in the right place)

FUCKING JOKE OF A CLUB

anyway Given will be a great signing

if we ever rise above the 3.0 million we are offering

West Brom are sitting with a 3.5 million offer  BEING REJECTED - but we are are hoping to get him for 3 million?

anyway

i read it all in the papers

i know i shoudnt

because, they told us Eck was our next manager

that never happened

even though we were told not to believe everything we read, the papers had it in against us etc etc

going well so far

clean slate

Ireland, wants a chance

and delph "must step up to the mark"

what next?

Warnock "GH hated me at Liverpool, thats why im shite here?"

remember last year?

when the few that said we would mess about in getting a manager in before the transfer deadline, just in case we had to spend money?

its now half way through July - you think Randy might be fucking about again?

im just waiting for how Beye might be the answer to our right back spot
You write in riddles and add nothing but negativity to this forum, as its against site rules to insult other users im instead just going to wish death upon your computer, phone and any other device which allows you to access this site and polute it with your pathetic, childish ramblings.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2011, 02:37:17 AM »
Looking on the bright side, McLeish can't help but improve on a few things after the previous manager. Discipline, motivation, defensive organisation and not alienating half the squad to name but four. Amazingly, considering he's an ex-B-lose man, he'll also probably improve on GH's public relations. My journo mate has told me not to under-estimate the massive feel-good factor that Houllier's dismissal would engender among the players. As for the backroom staff, he's only got to find better than GMac and the scout that GH employed for a few months.

Houllier must be the easiest act in the world to follow.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 02:42:24 AM by Percy »

Offline KRS

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2011, 04:25:29 AM »
Who is this "madirishvillain" nutter and why cant he type using constructive sentences?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal