collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by David_Nab
[Today at 11:12:11 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[Today at 11:12:03 AM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 11:08:13 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 11:00:38 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Risso
[Today at 10:53:07 AM]

Ollie Watkins by andyh
[Today at 10:53:07 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Ads
[Today at 10:04:48 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Would you have MON back!!  (Read 60306 times)

Offline DrGonzo

Re: Would you have MON back!!
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 12:35:49 AM »
NO.  Frankly if his idea of professionalism is walking out at a moment which allows his employers no opportunity to replace him...sulky teenager...twat...sorry just got back from the pub sentences not forming proper...

Offline Gaztonniller

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 12:45:45 AM »
Ok...Yes, I would.

But then I don't go to VP on a regular basis and, despite the prevailing mood here, I DO believe that I'm less of a fan as a result of that. Genuinely.

A fine example of a brave lion willing to forgive and forget when the obvious solution to the current woes are staring him in the face and showing he aint just getting swept away along with the tide of popular opinon. 

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2011, 12:50:12 AM »
Ok...Yes, I would.

But then I don't go to VP on a regular basis and, despite the prevailing mood here, I DO believe that I'm less of a fan as a result of that. Genuinely.

A fine example of a brave lion willing to forgive and forget when the obvious solution to the current woes are staring him in the face and showing he aint just getting swept away along with the tide of popular opinon. 

Coming in here with his bloody rational thinking!!  It'll never catch on.

Offline Gaztonniller

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 12:50:23 AM »
Been there, tried him, didn't work. Let's try someone new.

Now come on seriously; I know this is just a bit of What if chatter. But being serious, in what way didnt he exactly work in the overall scheme of things?

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 12:57:08 AM »

Now come on seriously; I know this is just a bit of What if chatter. But being serious, in what way didnt he exactly work in the overall scheme of things?

Signed loads of overpaid, under-performing players.  Refused to take resposibility for his actions, left in a huff.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 01:01:16 AM »

We could argue about his record. His penchant for buying over-priced British-based talent on exhorbitant wages, his non-existant scouting network, his love of playing players out of position and the lack of rotation that meant we were always burned out by the start of March. However, it would be reasonable to contrast this with some achievements. Getting us into the top six three times, our first major final in a decade and some memorable victories... especially the long-awaited win at the Theatre of Hype.

His success or failure as a manager is immaterial though. Judas Iscariot may well have been an excellent disciple right up until the point where he decided to fuck Jesus over.

O'Neill fucked us over. Let him rot.

Offline Gaztonniller

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 01:03:01 AM »

Taking the blinkers OFF for a minute.   IF a potential manager (other than MON) was linked with the current vacancy came with this record  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_O'Neill  (and replace the Villa section/part in WIKI with another club, say Everton) would there be any objection?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2011, 01:04:00 AM »
Start a poll please. Then ask Oliver "I bet Villa fans would love O'Neill back" Holt to read out the results on Election Special. Then have him killed.

I also bet fans would love to have such similar and promising signings now ready to exit again coming back through the door.  Who can argue against his record of spotting talent and them developing into INTERNATIONAL players. 

Doesn't a previous manager who first brought Milner to the club get the credit for spotting talent? We'd all have signed him anyway after that on loan season so MoN wasn't exactly unique in wanting him in B6. So really, that leaves Young.

Against that we have the list of wasted money, which we all know.
And JUST those two resulted in nr 50 million!! coming back into the club (minus expenditure of course).  What a poor manager to consider returning.

So we're agreed then, it's just Ashley Young he spotted.
And the profit we'll make on him will just about cancel out the loss we took on Curtis. So yes, he's a poor manager to consider returning.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2011, 01:04:07 AM »
i'd rather cheesegrate my foreskin than let him come back

Offline Bournvillan

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2011, 01:07:09 AM »
No thank you.

Offline Gaztonniller

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2011, 01:18:47 AM »
Start a poll please. Then ask Oliver "I bet Villa fans would love O'Neill back" Holt to read out the results on Election Special. Then have him killed.

I also bet fans would love to have such similar and promising signings now ready to exit again coming back through the door.  Who can argue against his record of spotting talent and them developing into INTERNATIONAL players. 

Doesn't a previous manager who first brought Milner to the club get the credit for spotting talent? We'd all have signed him anyway after that on loan season so MoN wasn't exactly unique in wanting him in B6. So really, that leaves Young.

Against that we have the list of wasted money, which we all know.
And JUST those two resulted in nr 50 million!! coming back into the club (minus expenditure of course).  What a poor manager to consider returning.

So we're agreed then, it's just Ashley Young he spotted.
And the profit we'll make on him will just about cancel out the loss we took on Curtis. So yes, he's a poor manager to consider returning.

Is that the Curtis as in England international call-up when at the club who then got injured?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2011, 01:20:56 AM »
He hardly had his leg cut off.

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2011, 01:22:19 AM »
i would say yes, without a shadow of a doubt

look at our shortlist now

Offline greta

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2011, 01:22:53 AM »

In the first 2 of the 3 seasons that we finished 6th, Arsenal were poor and there was no Man City or Spurs (as they are in their current climate). 3rd to 6th was between ourselves, Everton, Arsenal and Liverpool. We finished bottom of that mini league everytime and for the money spent, we should (and could) have done better.

Offline Gaztonniller

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2011, 01:23:05 AM »
Ok...Yes, I would.

Coming in here with his bloody rational thinking!!  It'll never catch on.

No room for rational thinking in the at times  irrational world of footy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal