collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:22:39 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:21:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 04:20:20 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 04:19:54 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 04:18:27 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 04:17:54 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 04:17:30 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Footy-Vill
[Today at 04:16:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How far up MON's a*se is Rod Liddle?  (Read 26147 times)

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
Re: How far up MON's a*se is Rod Liddle?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 12:13:04 PM »
A decent journalist would find out the truth about why MON really left and write a decent article.

I don't think it's that easy or straightforward. For starters, how many people other than Villa/MON fans are interested in why he left? It could be good space filler if it's some kind of wonderful conspiracy theory.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 12:13:41 PM »
I find his articles thought provoking and interesting. I think a lot of his comments hit the mark and frankly the negative reaction here is because often the truth hurts.

No, it's because he's another of the metroplitan media pack who can't understand how their mate could be dumped by ungrateful Aston Villa.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 12:14:51 PM »
I find his articles thought provoking and interesting. I think a lot of his comments hit the mark and frankly the negative reaction here is because often the truth hurts.

No, it's because he's another of the metroplitan media pack who can't understand how their mate could be dumped by ungrateful Aston Villa.

Lovejoy is just living up to his namesake.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 12:16:46 PM »
"If Martin O'Neill can't hoist them into the top four, who can"

A better manager than Martin O'Neill perhaps?  Ancelotti maybe.  Benitez possibly.

Offline Ads

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 12:20:13 PM »
"If Martin O'Neill can't hoist them into the top four, who can"

A better manager than Martin O'Neill perhaps?  Ancelotti maybe.  Benitez possibly.

We just cannot compete with a club like Fulham though, whose manager has just walked out, who have no money to spend and a hundred games in pre-European qualification to cope with. Just tell me how we're meant to compete with that Risso, without O'Neill! Hmmm?!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 12:22:49 PM »
I know, I'm sorry.  If I was Lerner, I'd just dissolve the company, sell the ground for redevelopment and we can all go and support somebody else.  After having a giant of a man like O'Neill in charge, everything else just feels so flat.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 12:23:32 PM »

It's a bit of both really.  The stuff about 'If O'Neill can't get them top 4 then who can?' is patently bollocks.  Aside from the fact that there are plenty of better managers than O'Neill around, it was all he could do to get us top 6.

But the bit about Ancelotti not wanting to come here has already been articulated on H&V by some.

As for not betting on Villa finishing above Fulham, well I'm not a betting man and while we don't know who'll be in charge of either I wouldn't like to say.  As things stand, I think Villa are a more attractive club than Fulham so should attract the better manager.  Against that they do have European football to offer and it's still possible we can make a bad appointment. 

Offline Ads

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 12:25:52 PM »
I think starting the season in three weeks will put people off Fulham.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 12:28:38 PM »
I think starting the season in three weeks will put people off Fulham.
Players yes; I doubt it would put off a manager who is currently out of work.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 12:39:13 PM »

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 12:45:52 PM »

It's a bit of both really.  The stuff about 'If O'Neill can't get them top 4 then who can?' is patently bollocks.  Aside from the fact that there are plenty of better managers than O'Neill around, it was all he could do to get us top 6.

But the bit about Ancelotti not wanting to come here has already been articulated on H&V by some.

As for not betting on Villa finishing above Fulham, well I'm not a betting man and while we don't know who'll be in charge of either I wouldn't like to say.  As things stand, I think Villa are a more attractive club than Fulham so should attract the better manager.  Against that they do have European football to offer and it's still possible we can make a bad appointment.

Agree.

The only bit of the article i strongly disagree with is the suggestion that no one could get us in the top 4. Moyes and Ancelotti might, Hughes would have a sliver of a chance. It's up to the club to prove the likes of him wrong on the general outlook he has of the Villa. The Bent signing was a step forward but more has to be done.

The McClaren comment was actually quite amusing.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 12:58:15 PM »
Ok, everyone take a second to think: which poster on this site knows *least* about the game of football?

Right...

Now I promise you, that useless, witless, trolling imbecile knows more about Villa and the game of football than Rod Liddle will ever know.

He is a middle-class impostor who is just winging it.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 01:08:41 PM »
Ok, everyone take a second to think: which poster on this site knows *least* about the game of football?

Right...

Now I promise you, that Lovejoy knows more about Villa and the game of football than Rod Liddle will ever know.

He is a middle-class impostor who is just winging it.

Agreed.

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 01:08:52 PM »
I know we get wound up by the likes of Brazil, Savage, Tyldesley, Holt etc, but when we get upset at a newspaper journalist with no obvious football ties (and has held previous racist views), I think we can give Liddle's views the treatment it deserves.

Not all views about us are equal, and not all are worth getting apo over.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2011, 01:16:50 PM »
I file him alongside Littlejohn, Clarkson, Laurie Penny, Alan Green; people in the media who hold views just in order to get a reaction.

Best ignored. Read the travel section.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal