collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mark Hughes Quits Fulham  (Read 101418 times)

Offline Villanation

Re: Mark Hughes Quits Fulham
« Reply #405 on: June 03, 2011, 07:59:10 PM »
??????/////

I am dumb founded by this apparent "logic"

Vialli won more than Taylor, but Taylor was more suitable for Watford ?  - what the hell ?

What Vialli acheived was as a player , and a player only. He took over a good Chelsea side, and won a cup as a manager fair play, but he acheived no more than the manager before or after him.

Players dont always make managers that is true, if it was, Roy Keane would be taking over from Fergie now.

But Taylor took Lincoln up, took Watford up many times, got Watford to an FA Cup final, got Watford to 2nd , got Villa up, got Villa to 2nd , took over the English National team.

Then took over at Watford again (after proving what a bloody good manager he was with all the above) and took them up again.

This arguament is getting sillier and sillier.

Good managers become good managers because they achieve , when they achieve , they become great managers - thats why people want them.

I am sick of Villa having "managers with potential". Wasn't Little, Gregory, O'Leary and O'Neill all supposed to have had potential ?.

Time to get a real manager in !

Taking nothing away from you point about Ancelotti or indeed Taylor, your point about managers and the potential they have or not is weird, as is the implication that just because a manager has a brilliant track record that it will guarantee any success, because actually it guarantees nothing.

You highlight certain managers namely O'Leary and O'Niell as all supposed to have had potential, they had more than potential they came up with the goods time and again, O'Niell crapped wonders throughout his career at Wycombe and Leicester, got Celtic back on track and into regular Champions league football building one of there best ever squads as most Celtic fans will tell you. Even in the case of David O'Leary, what he achieved at Leeds Utd was nothing short of a miracle, OK, i except he spent loads which then was outrageous, now a mere drop in the ocean.

The record will show years from now That O'Niell was one of Villa's best managers, you could also level your point about track record at Houllier, his track record, what he's achieved etc and yet some of the tactical decisions and method he used in  handling players at Villa, his awareness of priorities such as the Liverpool game at Anfield made him look to me like a complete novice, and yet some people would say Gerrard Houllier was world class.

For any manager Villa is a difficult job to take on, IMO that's why we have always experienced problems in attracting the right bloke.

There is no guarantee whatsoever if Ancelloti came to Villa he wouldn't fall flat on his face regardless of his success Villa could blow his track record out in bubbles, although i do except your point that track record is the only thing to gauge the quality of the next manager by.

The reason I think Van Gaal would be ideal is because he don't give a f*** about what people think and that's what Villa need IMO.

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #406 on: June 03, 2011, 08:54:02 PM »
Kia Joorabchian has dipped his golden cock into the affair:

'Hughes left Fulham to manage a top four side'

Quote from: talkSHITE
Kia Joorabchian has claimed that Mark Hughes has left Fulham to fulfil his ambition of managing a top side.

After just one season in charge at Craven Cottage, in which Hughes led the Cottagers to an eighth placed finish and a Europa League spot next season, he has left at the end of his contract with speculation mounting that he did it to take over at Aston Villa or Chelsea.

But his adviser Joorabchian told talkSPORT that he has no job lined up and he has only left Fulham with the aim of getting a job managing a Champions League side.
“I know that there is a lot of speculation about Villa but it is just pure speculation. I have never spoken to anyone at Villa.”Kia Joorabchian

Joorabchian told Kick Off: “He feels that the time has come for him to sit aside and see out his ambition. He would like to have a go at the top four.

“At some point in time maybe he’ll get a club either in this country or abroad that will give him the opportunity to have a go.”

Joorabchian added that reports linking Hughes with another job are just coincidental, and that there has not even been contact between them and Aston Villa.

“All his career as a player and a manager he is a very sincere man and he definitely, definitely does not have anything else lined up,” he said. “We’ve not spoken to anyone.

“I know that there is a lot of speculation about Villa but it is just pure speculation. I have never spoken to anyone at Villa. Villa have never attempted to contact us and we’re perfectly comfortable with that situation.

Mark’s sincerity is one of his greatest attributes and if he carried on into this year and signed a contract with Fulham and was looking over his shoulder that a top four club come up then it wouldn’t be fair on Fulham.”

I know he is his adviser, but sincere? After 12 months?
Are we sure we want this man at our club?

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #407 on: June 03, 2011, 09:04:50 PM »
Anyone linked to that Kia chap has got "avoid" written all over them. He is dodgier than one of uncle arfurs used cars.

Offline SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #408 on: June 03, 2011, 09:35:57 PM »
I may be repeating others, apologies if that is the case.

Spurs is my guess at where  Hughes is looking.  Redknapp's court case the beginning of July, he could be out of service for a while.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #409 on: June 03, 2011, 10:49:05 PM »
I quite like the fact that Hughes insisted on this clause.  I actually think it makes him a more genuine bloke rather than the rascal he is being portrayed.  Both parties signed the contract so Fulham can't really complain too much.  The easy option for Hughes would have been to sign a four year deal and then now be trying to agree some form of pay-off.

Kia Joorabchian on the other hand will always be looking to engineer something, either a payrise or another club.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:50:52 PM by Dante Lavelli »

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #410 on: June 03, 2011, 11:36:54 PM »
well if he left for a top4 side its not us. yipee etc... could be a long wait though.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #411 on: June 03, 2011, 11:45:36 PM »
There is no way Randy can wait until June 30th for Hughes thank god. And he will be looking for someone who has loyalty written all over them. Hughes certainly has not displayed that. Ancellotti is my first choice but would not be disappointed if it was Van Gaal. Got a good feeling about him from what i have read .......

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #412 on: June 03, 2011, 11:55:44 PM »
There is no way Randy can wait until June 30th for Hughes thank god. And he will be looking for someone who has loyalty written all over them. Hughes certainly has not displayed that. Ancellotti is my first choice but would not be disappointed if it was Van Gaal. Got a good feeling about him from what i have read .......

He's in the wrong sport entirely, in that case.

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #413 on: June 04, 2011, 07:14:16 AM »
Has anybody made the point that another of Hughes' old clubs, Bayern Munich, need a manager?

Would it be inconceivable that he wants to try his hand abroad? It would also fit in with the story the we've had no contact with him.

Online ian c.

• GM : 19.06.2024
« Reply #414 on: June 04, 2011, 08:25:31 AM »
Has anybody made the point that another of Hughes' old clubs, Bayern Munich, need a manager?

Jupp Heynckes got the Bayern job.

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #415 on: June 04, 2011, 08:31:50 AM »
I didn't realise that. Cheers Ian. Another theory gone.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #416 on: June 04, 2011, 01:26:34 PM »
I've just read the thread and I know Percy was right ;-)

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #417 on: June 04, 2011, 01:45:48 PM »
It's all getting very worrying ( do i hear  an old friend returning) Hughes is a no no for Randy, after whats been quoted he's not the type to go back. Moyes seems disinterested,Ancelotti has told us to do one (apparently) the field is thinning out. I only hope Randy has got an ace up his sleeve because some of the lesser names mentioned are starting to affect my sleeping pattern.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #418 on: June 04, 2011, 02:23:47 PM »
It's all getting very worrying ( do i hear  an old friend returning) Hughes is a no no for Randy, after whats been quoted he's not the type to go back. Moyes seems disinterested,Ancelotti has told us to do one (apparently) the field is thinning out. I only hope Randy has got an ace up his sleeve because some of the lesser names mentioned are starting to affect my sleeping pattern.

I wouldn't start fretting just yet, Robbo. It's early days and most of what is written in the press is guesswork. Just remind yourself that you didn't see the Bent signing coming.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #419 on: June 04, 2011, 03:53:27 PM »
Anyone linked to that Kia chap has got "avoid" written all over them. He is dodgier than one of uncle arfurs used cars.

Absolutely. I would hate to have this  f in parasite linked to our wholesome club.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal