Off Topic > Sports Arena

Sir Henry Cooper dead.

(1/5) > >>

olaftab:
Sad to hear of Henry's death today at the age of 76.  Great boxer and a fantastic human being. Now days  heavy weight  sector is laughable Henry was around in the great era of boxing and  still to me  the greatest British boxer ever.

dave.woodhall:
However good he may have been as a boxer and whatever he was like as a man (I don't know about the latter so I can't comment), he probably did more than anyone to make boxing popular in Britain. 

bertlambshank:

--- Quote from: dave.woodhall on May 01, 2011, 10:14:20 PM ---However good he may have been as a boxer and whatever he was like as a man (I don't know about the latter so I can't comment), he probably did more than anyone to make boxing popular in Britain. 

--- End quote ---
Robbed twice as well.Against Clay the cheating sod,and the British title fight against Bugner.

dave.woodhall:

--- Quote from: bigad82 on May 01, 2011, 10:18:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: dave.woodhall on May 01, 2011, 10:14:20 PM ---However good he may have been as a boxer and whatever he was like as a man (I don't know about the latter so I can't comment), he probably did more than anyone to make boxing popular in Britain. 

--- End quote ---
Robbed twice as well.Against Clay the cheating sod,and the British title fight against Bugner.

--- End quote ---

First one he wasn't robbed at all, second was a disputed decision but a long way off the robbery he claimed.

bertlambshank:

--- Quote from: dave.woodhall on May 01, 2011, 10:20:37 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

First one he wasn't robbed at all, second was a disputed decision but a long way off the robbery he claimed.

--- Quote from: dave.woodhall on May 01, 2011, 10:20:37 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
The glove split by itself.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version