collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: are there 2 ashley youngs?  (Read 30396 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: are there 2 ashley youngs?
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2011, 05:06:14 PM »
You can see now exactly why he refused to sign a contract until the Summer given our current predicament and I don't think any sort of turn around will change his mind, just the same as Milner will have been relieved to have got out when he did.All very,very depressing.Normally I get a real kick out of seeing our players doing well for England but yesterday just made me feel so flat and annoyed at the amount of talent being wasted due to the apalling management.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2011, 05:14:14 PM »
Everyone seems pretty convinced he's off, and common sense would suggest there's a good chance of it, but have we heard anything concrete to suggest it? A new manager coming in might make the difference. He did seem pretty settled here pre Houllier.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2011, 05:20:18 PM »
I just can't see why he would stay.

He'll have the chance to join Man Utd or Chelsea, play in the Champions League, challenge for the title.

Nearly every player would choose that over what we would be offering next season.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2011, 06:39:15 PM »
It's the Vibes he gives off

So, basically, it's just guesswork?

If you call assessing someone's body language, looking at the available facts and forming an assessment of what they're thinking 'guesswork' then yes.

I hope you don't manage people on a daily basis if you consider that sort of thing to constitute guesswork.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2011, 06:39:42 PM »
Sad to say it but Alan Shearer aside, players don't seem to turn down the chance to play for ManUre
Will be hard to take but c'est la vie, let's just rinse them for every penny we can
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 06:41:53 PM by WikiVilla »

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2011, 07:18:20 PM »

If you call assessing someone's body language, looking at the available facts and forming an assessment of what they're thinking 'guesswork' then yes.

I hope you don't manage people on a daily basis if you consider that sort of thing to constitute guesswork.

Well, I consider watching Ashley Young play - and I've watched him all season - and deducing by the petulance, diving, whingeing and moaning, that he considers himself to be too big for the club to be guesswork, yes.

What else would it be?

And the reason I mentioned the petulance, diving, whingeing and moaning is because he has ALWAYS been like that since he's been with us. The difference now is that people realise he's off, so are building up their "ah well, he was a tosser, we're best rid of him anyway" case in advance.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2011, 09:35:38 PM »

Well, I consider watching Ashley Young play - and I've watched him all season - and deducing by the petulance, diving, whingeing and moaning, that he considers himself to be too big for the club to be guesswork, yes.

What else would it be?

And the reason I mentioned the petulance, diving, whingeing and moaning is because he has ALWAYS been like that since he's been with us. The difference now is that people realise he's off, so are building up their "ah well, he was a tosser, we're best rid of him anyway" case in advance.

I think you're on the right lines there.  I think that Young, as the poster boy of 'new Villa' seems to embody the   disappointment of this season as much as he personified the fresh, positive vibes about the place a few years back.  I must say, I think it's time for him to go for his own sake as much as ours - time for some new heros.  I thought I'd be more bothered about him leaving but I'm not - weird. 

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2011, 09:39:39 PM »
As I've always said, and he showed yesterday, he's simply much more effective out wide.

Online SoccerHQ

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2011, 09:43:39 PM »
And I've also said, rather than Young in the hole, I'd have preferred to see Downing there this season. Nearly scored a good goal for England yesterday at the end, all from a central position.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2011, 09:51:22 PM »
Will Man U or Chrelsea pay more than the reported 80k a week we will offer?

Of course they can, but will they?

You never know he might think that staying at Villa help his international future, Barry and Milner have gone backwards internationally since leaving Villa.

It is all guess work, but if he signs he could become a Villa legend, be captain and be the main man. If he moves, he is just a squad player, see Milner.
I don't think Ash would be happy being a squad player for around the same money we are offering. Obviously assuming Man City don't join in.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2011, 09:57:29 PM »
As someone said earlier, If QPR come up & (Mital & Ecclestone) start throwing the cash around it could get interesting
Haven't CiŁy got to reduce their wage bill in line with UEFA guidelines

Online SoccerHQ

« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2011, 10:05:12 PM »
I think Young will end up at Liverpool.

I know people will say they're not in europe but it didn't stop Suarez or Carroll going there. Young will fancy getting the crosses in for those two.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2011, 10:40:20 PM »
I hope Young took note of Milner's introduction to the England team on Saturday. 12 months ago it was mainly Millner who was keeping him out of the side/squad. Milner gets his dream move to a bigger club and the roles are now reversed.

Obviously there is more to a footballer's career than international recognition but it should be a factor and Villa are one of -if not the best - placed club to build an international reputation.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2011, 11:16:03 PM »
As I've always said, and he showed yesterday, he's simply much more effective out wide.

Agreed, shame GH doesn't agree though

Offline Slaphead

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2011, 12:03:27 AM »
Young has not been great for over 18 months, watching England it was nice to see that he still does have talent but for what ever reason does not show it for Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal