collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa supporters turn up heat on Houllier  (Read 52509 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Villa supporters turn up heat on Houllier
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 10:38:19 AM »
Fucking thick bastards.

Offline eastie

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 10:41:50 AM »
I imagine wiki and pmk are both at b&q now getting their paint and brushes for this mind-blowing event!

Offline N'Rexy

• GM : Jan, 2012
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 10:43:09 AM »
This positive support campaign better be good against the Geordies...

My eldest daughter is threatening to start supporting Spurs, and taking her to this game might be her last chance to redeem herself, because if she starts supporting Spuds then I am putting her into care. 

Remember there is more at stake here than mere football so sing up!

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 10:46:30 AM »
fans unhappy with manager because of crap results shocker.........as that article hints, i reckon a few anti-GH will be surprised at just how rotten some of our bad apples in the squad are when it finally comes out in the wash

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 10:50:33 AM »
fans unhappy with manager because of crap results shocker.........as that article hints, i reckon a few anti-GH will be surprised at just how rotten some of our bad apples in the squad are when it finally comes out in the wash

spot on, greg. And if those apples are as bad as I suspect, a lot of chickens will be coming home to roost.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 10:52:12 AM »
Well-balanced article.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 10:56:47 AM »

spot on, greg. And if those apples are as bad as I suspect, a lot of chickens will be coming home to roost.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater or lock the stable door after the horse has bolted, otherwise we'll end up with egg on our faces.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 11:00:02 AM by Rip Van Bentfletch »

Offline cdward

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 11:02:25 AM »
GH needs to decide if he is blaming the players or not. That article conveniently omits all the other managerial faux pas that GH has been involved in.
To me the buck stops with the manager, take the credit when things are going well, but also take the blame when things are going not so well. To point the finger at the players (rightly or wrongly) is lame and just highlights weak management, we still need these players until our fate is decided, also to do it in public is professional suicide.
How many PL managers publicly criticise and fall out with their players and squad as much as GH has done, i'm not sure if this is part of his agenda to reduce costs or just plain bad management.

the beatings will continue until morale improves..

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 11:04:51 AM »

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater or lock the stable door after the horse has bolted, otherwise we'll end up with egg on our faces.

All depends whether we can defend as a unit, whether our marauding wingers can make headway against the opposition, and whether our captain can marshall his troops. A big ask!

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 11:05:38 AM »

At the end of the day it's results that count and unless we're all singing from the same hymn sheet it will all end in tears.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 11:07:20 AM »
He's made his bed, and how he's got to lie in it. But at the end of the day we will be alright, because best things come to those who wait.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 11:09:18 AM »
you can be the best manager in the world but if you're squad are as resentful and uncooperative as this current crop you've got big problems.  Either you give in to them, get a new manager and have the tail wagging the dog so to speak which is never a good idea or you try to ship them out as soon as possible. even if GH goes, i hope the trouble makers aren't given a reprieve. Disgraceful how some of them have acted, and an embarassment to Aston Villa

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 11:11:29 AM »
you can be the best manager in the world but if you're squad are as resentful and uncooperative as this current crop you've got big problems.  Either you give in to them, get a new manager and have the tail wagging the dog so to speak which is never a good idea or you try to ship them out as soon as possible. even if GH goes, i hope the trouble makers aren't given a reprieve. Disgraceful how some of them have acted, and an embarassment to Aston Villa

Who are you, and what have you done with Greg? ;)

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 11:12:19 AM »

GH should have sorted his bad apple(s) out when he first arrived.  A stitch in time saves nine. 

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 11:13:13 AM »

At the end of the day it's results that count and unless we're all singing from the same hymn sheet it will all end in tears.
It's time to grasp the nettle, i'll be over the moon if we can get a couple of good results, but sick as a parrot if we don't.
I think we need some blue sky thinking at Bodymoor Heath and we need to start pushing the envelope.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal